Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

Locke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the whole album was fantastic, a really talented guy. Easily one of my favourite albums of the moment.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    O just heard the rest of Mirrors Mirrors and yeah it's pretty dope. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'm thinking of Gotye as a Belgian and more indie Beck. What with them both being genre hoppers and multi instrumentalists.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Seriously, the scenario in this song actually happened to me, and the woman who did it to me even had the same haircut as the girl in the video, even though she wasn't nearly as pretty. We only dated for five months and I didn't love her, didn't even like her that much by the end, really, but when she just stopped texting and returning my calls I still couldn't help but be annoyed by the abruptness. I have to admit that I did this to someone once myself, though, so if she was a jerk I am too. I guess most people have had a relationship that just end like that, no being friends or even associating after, and that might be why the song is so popular.
    I'm in almost the same boat as you. It's like they crawled inside my head and transcribed exactly what went on between me and my most recent ex-girlfriend in the weeks and months immediately succeeding our breakup. I didn't want to cut her off completely, but she was so clingy and desperate that I suspected she'd turn any post-breakup discussion with me into an attempt to get back together, and since I still felt sympathetic towards her, I was afraid I'd actually let it happen if she tried it. I really wish we could have stayed friends (we shared about a million common interests), but she's just got too many emotional issues standing in the way.

So yeah, the lyrics are tough, but I still like the instrumentation. I can't hear the xylophones without thinking "Bugs Bunny sneaking-up music!"
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

cartoonscartoons is offline I cant help it, if I'm lucky
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew about Gotye MONTHS before the mainstream, so it really irritates me seeing all these people acting like it's the newest best thing. Same with fun. and Grouplove.

I guess I'm just a Hipster!
    Last edited by cartoonscartoons; 07-10-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12