ShoutMeOut is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any TV on the Radio fans here?

Like This Thread!
    I absolutely LOVE them, *******. They're pretty surface indie, but who cares except for music elitists? I took my username from their song Shout Me Out off of Dear Science actually.

I seem to have a thing for getting usernames from their albums actually.

Return to Cookie Mountain is probably one of those rare perfect albums. It's just so damned good. Gerard Smith's (RIP) basslines were pretty amazing on this album and I enjoy loving them. Tunde Adebimpe is a phenomenal vocalist and lyricist. He has some of my favorite lyrics in the music industry. The stuff he writes...oh my.

Dear Science wasn't as good as Return to Cookie Mountain, in my opinion, but it's still an excellent album. Nine Types of Light is also really quite excellent. Listening to the movie right now (not really watching it though =P)
    Last edited by ShoutMeOut; 03-20-2012 at 01:03 AM.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I at least love this song (and how it flows here) from Breaking Bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMF7p8hO7A

ShoutMeOut is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah for some reason, a ton of people only like one or two songs from them. They're not really huge, but they're definitely one of the bigger indie bands.

Just about everything I've heard from them I've loved.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They aren't too shabby. Not my favorite band, but I can appreciate them. I have Dear Science and Nine Types Of Light. I prefer Dear Science and my favorite song is easily Family Tree. I cried the first time I heard it, that's how you know it's good.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

CartoonSwim69 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great band

I saw the video to "Wolf Like Me" in 2007 on an independent music program called "New York Noise" (no longer with the station, I'm afraid, it and it's replacement "NYC Music Show" was canceled). I thought the song was amazing and went out to buy the album and ended up getting the wrong one. Instead of Return to Cookie Mountain, I bought Desperate Youth. I found Desperate Youth good enough to keep (even if some tracks are too long) and got Cookie Mountain later.

Dear Science is a great album too, and New Types of Light has its moments (Second Song and Will Do).