Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate This Episode

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

2 40.00%
  • ****1/2

1 20.00%

2 40.00%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Incredible Hulk "Darkness and Light, Parts 1 - 3" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Discuss the The Incredible Hulk first-season finale!

Episode #11: Darkness And Light Part 1
    Original Airdate - 17th November 1996
    Betty Ross and Doc Samson finish a Nutrient Bath that will separate Bruce Banner from the Hulk permanently. Rick Jones seeks the help of the Outcasts and manage to smuggle the Hulk onto the Gamma Base for the procedure.

Episode #12: Darkness And Light, Part 2
    Bruce and the Hulk are now two seperate beings, but the Hulk escapes and goes on a destructive rampage. The Leader captures him and has his intellect placed into the Hulk's body, acquiring the power he's craved

Episode #13: Darkness and Light, Part 3
    Equipped with exo-armor, Bruce battles the Incredible Hulk in a massive battle in the desert. When it's over, it's discovered they can't exist without each other and are dying. Their only hope is rejoin via the Nutrient Bath, but General Ross' interference will cause it to go horribly wrong.

Comments?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

dsykes Guest
    To me these episodes were the best of the entire series. Too bad they had to start that she-hulk crap after this.

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have to agree. Darkness and Light was the last decent episodes The Hulk had. To me, there wasn't a great episode in season 2 (the Dr. Strange one was the best they did). A Hulk Of A Different Colour ruined it, that should have been a 2 parter.

czyznyck99 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The fight between Exo-Bruce and the Hulk was one of the best parts of the first season, if Banner would have shut up. I didn't much care for General Ross' crazy spell throughout, but threatening to kill Bruce at the wedding was actually somewhat dramatic. And the last two minutes were weird.

Later.

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alas, the last great Hulk episode, before it became what can only be described as non sence in season 2. It all was going so well for Bruce, an it all came crashing in on him in a few minutes.

It's a shame the likes of Ross, Jones and Betty where scaresly used after this.

Good to see someone put up a talkback.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Over Free Comic Book Day I picked up a few comics and found out that this finale was based on them. They changed abit of it and compressed alot of the storyline but they kept the basic outline and I must admit did a really good job. You know even if they don't ever reelase the full series on the DVD I'd at least like to see this three part episode and the first episode of the next season onto DVD. I'd make a good little movie to wrap everything up. I'd still prefer the entire series though.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

RAINMAN is offline Kikoutei Densetsu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So gald I have ep`s like this on tape. If only S2 was something like this. I also thougth it was funny how the hulk found out banner was insdie him. But how did he know about banner yet didn`t know he and banner share the same body?

Zero-V is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Darkness and Light" was the culmination of some great story arcs and character development, we would never see these characters handled seriously again. Period.

Betty Ross went from being a concerned scientest trying to save her lover, to fighting The Leader in a swimsuit during Season Two. A FLIPPING SWIMSUIT.

What could have been a great character development for Gargoyle was ruined by the usual "Heroine rejects deformed love-struck henchmen"

I mean...seriously, the resolution to Rick Jones' predicament was horrendous, Rick barly appears in the next episode, and the majority is made up of a stupid courtoom circus drama, I was half expecting Bender to start singing "Single Female Lawyer", it was so badly written...

Russkafin is offline Bringer of Darkness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I need to see these episodes. When and where is this show on? Does anyone have these on tape? The first comic book I ever owned, at age 4, was Hulk #324, which was part of the storyarc that this was based on. I absolutely must see these episodes.
    "You were right, Mr. Kent. I am the villain of the story." --Lex Luthor, Onyx (Smallville)

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russkafin
    I need to see these episodes. When and where is this show on? Does anyone have these on tape? The first comic book I ever owned, at age 4, was Hulk #324, which was part of the storyarc that this was based on. I absolutely must see these episodes.
    This show doesn't air anymore unfortunatly.

The episodes aren't available on DVD. The only 4 episodes available are the first 4, the 2 part origin (of sorts) the Zzzaaammm! episode (I can't remeber the dude's proper name) and the episode guest starring Iron Man.

You're out of luck, unfortunaly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast