toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "Battle of the Insidious Six"

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

5 62.50%
  • ****1/2

2 25.00%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 12.50%
    Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spider-Man: TAS "Battle of the Insidious Six" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Discuss this Spider-Man: The Animated Series episode!

Episode #15 - Battle of the Insidious Six
    Original Airdate - September 16, 1995

The Insidious Six unmask Spider-Man, but Dr. Octopus is convinced that the Spider-Man they unmasked is a fraud. Meanwhile, Kingpin kidnaps Silvermane and, using the Insidious Six, wages war with the top crime lords in the city.

Comments?
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

Brainiac is offline You've forced my hand.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Insidious? Not Sinister? Geeze...whatever, Fox.
    "A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have."
    -Roger Rabbit

"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light."
    -Stanley Kubrick

Weibart is offline Intercept Now!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a pretty good episode. By TAS standards, this episode had some great animation without any reuse of previous animation. Peter's fake out of the Insidious Six was pretty well handled in writing and directing. I love the foreshadowing about Silvermane when Spidey says, "And I even saved a sweet old man, too." And of course, they touch on the subject of Spider-Man's mutation and we meet Morbius with Felicia Hardy. It's episodes like this that make realize how well future plot developments are planned out even from early on...

Patrick Weibel | Writer/Artist of Intercept Now!

My Website: Weibblog |
    Follow Me on Twitter - YouTube - DeviantArt - Tumblr

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since this episodes airs today, I thought I'd bump for all to see. There's some great animation in this episode, not as good as part one, but some great stuff all the same.

I still can't believe the Network decided "The Sinister Six" was too harsh for network standards.

What did everyone think of the roster change?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

RAINMAN is offline Kikoutei Densetsu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thougth it was good. Too bad electro and sandman could not beused due their rights being helf up for the a movie that would not come until 7 years later. What is whit villains group names not being used in toon series. In X-men the brothers hood of mutants were called rengged mutants. In EVO they were just called the brother hood. And now in JLU the scuicide squad is called task force X. I just don`t understand it?

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting:
    I first saw this episode in Russian and I still don't know in Russian anything except spider and mouse, so I never knew that Dr.Octopus didn't believe this is Spider-Man, I wondered how this would affect the rest of the series.
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised

Batman is offline The Dark Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite part of this episode was Spidey outsmarting the Six stooges (When his powers return.) Causing them to fight up among themselves .

The Highlight : Doctor Octopus vs. The Scorpion name calling .
    Last edited by Batman; 06-03-2008 at 04:45 PM.

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... A DARK KNIGHT...." Commissioner Gordon
    [ The Dark Knight ]

Hypestyle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ah.. let's here it for outsmarting villains..
    With Great Power also comes a Great Responsibility...

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here the conclusion of the Insidious saga uncut and unedited.

The six supervillains can't believe their eyes when Spider-Man walks into their trap at the warehouse. But it's obvious why, when they easily overcome and unmask the fraud. Meanwhile, Silvermane and the Crime Lords grow more disenchanted with The Kingpin and want to put him out of business. Kingpin beats them to the punch, kidnapping Silvermane. Can Spider-Man save the day?

http://marvel.com/videos/1026.Spider...p~,_Episode_15
    Last edited by dmxx116; 01-15-2011 at 12:29 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Continuing directly from where the last episode left off, Spidey has to face the Insidious Six in order to save his Aunt. Only problem is, he can lose his powers at any moment because of his disease. The animated fight scenes are spectacular, as Spidey is more than overpowered by his enemies. They capture him, and are ready to unmask him.
    The build up is nerve wracking, and the moment Doc Ock removes Spidey's mask to uncover Peter Parker was one of the most intense secenes this show offered so far.
    Fortunately for Spidey, Doc Ock believes Peter just put on a Spider-man costume to come and save his aunt, and that he isn't the real Spidey. This saves Peter, but only for the moment, as the Insidious Six take him hostage, and force him to take them to real Spider-man. Peter accepts, seeing that there is no other way to save his aunt. A nice touch was the way the relationship between Peter and Doc Ock was expanded. Since it was introduced back in the first season, it developed and offered us some more exciting scenes in this episode.
    Peter manages to escape from the Insidious Six, by faking his rescue by Spidey himself. Spidey battles the Six once again and, even if he doesn't win the battle, he comes close to it. He manages to escape this time, when the Kingpin calls his Insidious Six back to their headquarters for another job: kidnapping Silvermane, another crime boss and his rival.
    Spidey comes to save Silvermane, and defeats the Insidious Six one by one, by using his mind. A rather simple task, seeing that the Rhino was one of the Six, and his intelligence was a little low. By tricking various of his enemies he is actually the Chameleon disguised as Spider-man, Spidey manages to turn the Six against each other, letting him escape together with Silvermane (who he doesn't know who he is, but will learn later on during the series, in another story arc).
    The ending was incredibly well done, and one of the most exciting ones the show ever had (possibly second only to Venom's first appearance on the series): Spidey, now cured and happy (or so he thinks), is talking to Doctor Connors about his test results, believing they won't create him anymore problems. But what Connors tells him shocks him (as well as us, the viewers): he is turning into something that is not human.
    Overall, a really good episode with a superb ending. And this is only the beginning of Spidey's Neogenic Nightmare.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.