toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "The Insidious Six"

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

4 66.67%
  • ****1/2

1 16.67%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 16.67%
    Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spider-Man: TAS "The Insidious Six" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Discuss this Spider-Man: The Animated Series episode!

Episode #14 - The Insidious Six
    Original Airdate - September 9, 1995

In order to finally kill Spider-Man, the Kingpin hires the Insidious Six (Doctor Octopus, Scorpion, Chameleon, Shocker, Rhino and Mysterio) to take him down. Farley Stillwell also creates Neogenics, which starts taking away Spider-Man's strength. After losing his powers, Spider-Man is captured by the Insidious Six.

Comments?
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

Brainiac is offline You've forced my hand.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gah! I couldn't get on Toonzone! The horrors!, but here it is--one of my all-time favorite episodes of the series! Awesome!
    "A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have."
    -Roger Rabbit

"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light."
    -Stanley Kubrick

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To think that he lost his powers for over half the full story and how the symbiote makes his strength much enhanced: I'll believe it could be good to see the Sinister6 fall in 1 episode.

Censorship was too strict about saying sinister in a children cartoon, but insidious is a very fine replacement
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised

Batman is offline The Dark Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After seeing the Sinister Six debut in last weekend's episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man "Group Therapy" .

IMO The Insidious Six were done so much better . The Interaction between them fighting among themselves in this episode was handle so much better than in SSM .

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... A DARK KNIGHT...." Commissioner Gordon
    [ The Dark Knight ]

Hypestyle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anybody know why it was "insidious" rather than "sinister"?
    With Great Power also comes a Great Responsibility...

R-Taco is offline Just A Little Bit Crazy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    anybody know why it was "insidious" rather than "sinister"?
    Apparently, the censors didn't like the word "sinister". Definitely one of the stranger restrictions.

GregX is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    IMO The Insidious Six were done so much better . The Interaction between them fighting among themselves in this episode was handle so much better than in SSM .
    Actually, I think it's a good thing that the cliche "villains fight among themselves allowing the hero to win" was thrown out the window.

Not to mention making Ock the Kingpin's lackey was just plain wrong. The Six are his show.

warnerbroman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregX View Post
    Actually, I think it's a good thing that the cliche "villains fight among themselves allowing the hero to win" was thrown out the window.

Not to mention making Ock the Kingpin's lackey was just plain wrong. The Six are his show.
    but he treated may the same way and I love the student teacher relationship peter and otto had

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregX View Post

I agree with on this one Doc Ock should not answer to Kingpin or no one else for that matter. One of the few flaw I didn't like.

Here part one the Insidious saga uncut and unedited.

The Crime Lords, led by Silvermane, are holding The Kingpin accountable for his failure to eliminate Spider-Man. So six of the Wall-Crawler's greatest enemies are called together to do the job: Doctor Octopus, Mysterio, The Scorpion, The Rhino, The Shocker and The Chameleon. Unfortunately, Spidey's powers have been on the blink due to the changes in his blood chemistry.

http://marvel.com/videos/1010.Spider...p~,_Episode_14

Mod Note: There's no need for successive posts when they are minutes apart. Posts edited together.
    Last edited by dmxx116; 01-15-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The episode begins with a nice and short but in the same time consistent recap of everything that happened so far on the show, also showing us how Spidey's life is going along, and his fear of what his "disease" might actually be.
    Another interesting turn of events featured in this episode is the introduction of a new character, Michael Morbius, a new love interest for Felicia Hardy, and apparently Peter's rival (not only in love), but also for a science project at school. This is only the beginning though, as Morbius will play a much bigger and exciting role later in the series.
    Meanwhile, the Kingpin is freeing some of Spidey's greatest foes so far, and convinces them to try and work together in order to destroy Spidey once and for all. A nice touch is Dr. Octopus' line about how he is a scientist, and not a warrior for hire. The others are presented pretty well, as they each decide to join the Kingpin's army for different reasons.
    Spidey's life is taking a turn for the worse with this episode, as his "disease" is causing him to lose his powers from time to time, especially when he needs them the most. Doctor Connors is re-introduced in this episode, no longer the Lizard, but Spidey's friend and one of the few people Spidey can trust. The most important thing presented in this episode is probably Spidey's unknown disease. He falls on his bed and wakes up to find Spidey has been up to no good alongside his "Insidious Six". This is of course the Chameleon's work, and Spidey decides to stop them even if he knows he can lose his powers at any moment.
    This is just the case, and Spidey barely manages to escape from his aggressors. The Insidious Six decide to start looking for Peter Parker though, since they know he is the one who usually takes pictures of Spidey for the newspaper. Doc Ock is the one who goes to Peter's house and convinces Aunt May to follow him to the hospital, saying Peter is ill.
    Peter comes home to find his aunt gone and a note saying that if he ever wants to see her again, he must tell Spider-man to come fight them. Peter, even without his powers, must now save his aunt from the Insidious Six. And so, the battle starts...
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.