Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this Animated Feature!

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • *****

    0 0%
  • ****1/2

    0 0%
  • ****

    0 0%
  • ***1/2

    0 0%
  • ***

    0 0%
  • **1/2

    0 0%
  • **

    0 0%
  • *1/2

    0 0%
  • *

    0 0%
  • 1/2

    2 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Kumori MC's Avatar
    Kumori MC is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    437
    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    @spyke

    Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    If it is the mods from the CBR forums, he won't get ban. However, they will ban anyone who disagrees with him and calls him out (as well as the mods) on his BS. I first got a warning and then got permanently banned from the CBR forums for (a) calling him out for intentionally trolling and insulting other posters who disagree with him and (b) calling the mods out for being hypocrites when it comes to letting Wacker get away with murder on those forums (I said that they had their heads up Wacker's butt ). And yes, I knew what I said was a bit harsh and would get me banned, but I couldn't just stand buy and let him insult and troll posters who disagreed with him.
    So, you essentially did nothing.

    Wacker and CBR forums aside, did you really expect any other result from something as significant as an argument on the internet, followed by your insults of the moderators?

    I'm not picking sides here, but years of dwelling on various forums (an accomplishment about as noteworthy as it sounds) have taught me that not lashing out and playing by the rules to your favor actually gets results. For instance:

    1. Saying "Wacker is a [bleep] who just insults other fans, he gets away with murder, you moderators have your heads up in his [bleep], it's a wonder he has not made you his [bleep]es yet, eff the system, aaaaa!" actually puts you at a level lower than Wacker. You just responded to his BS with an argument that looks and sounds like BS.

    2. On the other hand, saying "It is interesting how Wacker can complain about X when he has in fact said and done (quote)Y(/quote) and (quote)Z(/quote) and (quote)M(/quote). Moderators, don't the rules speculate that (quote)Rule#N(/quote)? And I'm sure my friends L, K, J that were touched upon by Wacker would agree with me" does far more. First, you provide evidence of his behavior and present it in a way where it cannot be misinterpreted or manipulated. Then, you utilize the rules when rules demand utilization. And finally, you do it in a calm, collected manner, Not only is this crucial in cementing your argument and giving it validity, it also irritates the party in the wrong, makes them unsure, lowers their inhibitions.

    Does this always work? Not necessarily. But it works a lot better than the "hit em hard, hit em harsh" tactic. And it makes you feel a little more calm.
    @Medinnus

    While I agree with a lot that you stated, I will remind you that what your child likes and dislikes is not even remotely enough of a feedback to what children across the media-viewing world want. Hell, I've seen, took care off and hung out with children who, while being eleven and older, still willingly watched Peppa the Pig. As well as Ultimate Spider-man. And Winx. Treating children's intelligence one way or another really has little to do with this, since we're talking about variety in taste. And yes, children also have a variety in taste. While video-games are a huge part of a child's pass time (albeit far from being a single solitary part of it), there is still interest for animation.

    It also comes down to what you let your kid watch, and even how a child emulates an adult figure. You are no stranger to your love for AEMH or Cap in general, and it shows. Without me trying to sound like a dick here, you might have just slightly, for lack of a better term at the moment, brainwashed him into liking certain things.

    Oh, and hate to break this to you, but Wacker's job is in fact to make money, by any possible means. Not to grant viewer wishes. So while people - me and you, and your kid while we're at it - want to see certain things, his job is to find a compromise that would first make a safe profit to Marvel, then X other things. Demographics play a role there - which you probably know better than I do - and while I personally dislike that particular aspect of working on a product, it has some semblance of a business logic. Why cater to young female audiences, gays, each and every single minority etc when the most safe and secure target demographic is pre-teen boys?

    Again, I agree with most of what you said, the bits regarding Wacker at least, so unlike the commentators on Screenrant - or CBR for that matter - don't take this as a call out for blood. I know you did in the past, for the most meaningless of things, so just a heads-up.

    Mod Note: Here's a heads up - watch the language, please. Post edited.

  2. #12
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,334
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumori MC View Post
    It also comes down to what you let your kid watch, and even how a child emulates an adult figure. You are no stranger to your love for AEMH or Cap in general, and it shows. Without me trying to sound like a dick here, you might have just slightly, for lack of a better term at the moment, brainwashed him into liking certain things.
    First of all, I only have the one kid in the target age range, so he is (and his friends, most of whom don't care one way or the other about Marvel animation) what I go by. He's a smart (and smart-ass) kid, and you don't know him or me, so I will let slide your commentary of child-raising.

    How many children have you raised, or discussed comics and animation with? When you have one, then spout all the theories about "brain washing" you like (and no, I don't discount the example set by parents - my minor is in Child Psych, as it turns out, so if you'd like to have a scholarly argument on child-raising and influences, I'm happy to oblige).

    Why cater to young female audiences, gays, each and every single minority etc when the most safe and secure target demographic is pre-teen boys?
    Because the secure target demographic is what they call in the industry "low-hanging fruit"; so long as you don't outright alienate them, why not try to row your target audience outside of those strictures? First thing you learn in real-world business - audience is not a zero-sum game.

  3. #13
    Kumori MC's Avatar
    Kumori MC is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    437
    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    First of all, I only have the one kid in the target age range, so he is (and his friends, most of whom don't care one way or the other about Marvel animation) what I go by. He's a smart (and smart-ass) kid, and you don't know him or me, so I will let slide your commentary of child-raising.

    How many children have you raised, or discussed comics and animation with? When you have one, then spout all the theories about "brain washing" you like (and no, I don't discount the example set by parents - my minor is in Child Psych, as it turns out, so if you'd like to have a scholarly argument on child-raising and influences, I'm happy to oblige).



    Because the secure target demographic is what they call in the industry "low-hanging fruit"; so long as you don't outright alienate them, why not try to row your target audience outside of those strictures? First thing you learn in real-world business - audience is not a zero-sum game.
    1. As I said, you know more about business ventures than I do, so there's nothing on my part that can be added to that front other than what I have presented. However:

    2. Your "my minor is all I got" claim pretty much buries anything else related to this subject, but nevertheless, let's address it.

    No, I am not a parent, but I am an uncle, and have in fact been around a fairly large number of children, be they my close or further relatives, neighbors, children of friends, children of colleagues, you name it. And being an animation buff and a fairly learned individual when it comes to the Ninth art, I do talk to them about these things. Hell, those things alone are why children have this unhealthy obsession with me wherever I go.

    For instance, I know of two youngsters who are extremely intelligent and have a well-formed vocabulary for their age (seven and eleven, respectively), and still the older thinks that Code Lyoko characters are real-life people. On the other hand, I have three nephews who are equally interested in Peppa the Pig, the old 90s Conan cartoon, Ninja Turtles, Spongebob, Penguins from Madagascar, Yu-Gi-Oh!...a very wide array of cartoon programming, and of varying aesthetics. Most of the parents I come to know don't normally watch cartoons with their children, and even when they do, they give little input as to what they, for lack of a better term, absolutely must watch, and what they must not. You can pull out a scholarly commentary, it will make little difference, since little of those have to do with actual experiences, outside of the controlled environment, without numbers and statistics.

    This is of course not meant to diminish your scholarly achievements (although that private message you sent me might be an indicator that you'll still think otherwise), just a courteous reminder that you being a parent of a clever child (and if what you claim about him is true, then congratulations, I hope he does well in life and that he'll grow up to be an exceptional individual) and on top of that someone who literally went to school on how people work really means little when it comes to viewing the very wide, very diverse world around you.

    It's kind of like a filmmaker saying to a critic, or even a fan "You never made a movie, so you don't get to tell me if it's good or not". Or a chef telling a customer "You never slaved over the oven cooking for fifty people, you don't get to discuss how my food tastes, just shut up and eat." Trust me, I've run into these types of people - many of which are professionals of Wacker's caliber - and it's one very ugly, very wrong habit to have.

  4. #14
    spyke is online now Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumori MC View Post
    @spyke



    So, you essentially did nothing.

    Wacker and CBR forums aside, did you really expect any other result from something as significant as an argument on the internet, followed by your insults of the moderators?

    I'm not picking sides here, but years of dwelling on various forums (an accomplishment about as noteworthy as it sounds) have taught me that not lashing out and playing by the rules to your favor actually gets results. For instance:

    1. Saying "Wacker is a [bleep] who just insults other fans, he gets away with murder, you moderators have your heads up in his [bleep], it's a wonder he has not made you his [bleep]es yet, eff the system, aaaaa!" actually puts you at a level lower than Wacker. You just responded to his BS with an argument that looks and sounds like BS.

    2. On the other hand, saying "It is interesting how Wacker can complain about X when he has in fact said and done (quote)Y(/quote) and (quote)Z(/quote) and (quote)M(/quote). Moderators, don't the rules speculate that (quote)Rule#N(/quote)? And I'm sure my friends L, K, J that were touched upon by Wacker would agree with me" does far more. First, you provide evidence of his behavior and present it in a way where it cannot be misinterpreted or manipulated. Then, you utilize the rules when rules demand utilization. And finally, you do it in a calm, collected manner, Not only is this crucial in cementing your argument and giving it validity, it also irritates the party in the wrong, makes them unsure, lowers their inhibitions.

    Does this always work? Not necessarily. But it works a lot better than the "hit em hard, hit em harsh" tactic. And it makes you feel a little more calm.
    I'm quite aware that what I said (a) was wrong (b) wouldn't work or accomplish anything and (c) would get banned (the latter I even stated in my rant post on the CBR forums that got me permanently banned). The thing is "playing the nice polite guy" or "taking the high role" wouldn't have gotten me anywhere since the CBR mods (a) won't take any disciplinary actions towards Wacker since that might jeopardize those exclusive interviews that the CBR site gets from him and (b) would delete my post and Wacker's post in order to cover up his rude,trollish,baiting,and insulting behavior.

    And for the record, I didn't call Wacker a bad insulting name in that CBR post. However, I did call him a troll and said that he was trying to bait people in order to get them banned from that forum. CBR bows down to Wacker, Bleeding Cool doesn't, which MIGHT explain why he no longer posts on the BC forums.

  5. #15
    James Harvey's Avatar
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    The World's Finest
    Posts
    19,870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Swing this conversation back on-topic, folks. First and only in-thread warning.

  6. #16
    Kumori MC's Avatar
    Kumori MC is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    437
    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    I'm quite aware that what I said (a) was wrong (b) wouldn't work or accomplish anything and (c) would get banned (the latter I even stated in my rant post on the CBR forums that got me permanently banned). The thing is "playing the nice polite guy" or "taking the high role" wouldn't have gotten me anywhere since the CBR mods (a) won't take any disciplinary actions towards Wacker since that might jeopardize those exclusive interviews that the CBR site gets from him and (b) would delete my post and Wacker's post in order to cover up his rude,trollish,baiting,and insulting behavior.

    And for the record, I didn't call Wacker a bad insulting name in that CBR post. However, I did call him a troll and said that he was trying to bait people in order to get them banned from that forum. CBR bows down to Wacker, Bleeding Cool doesn't, which MIGHT explain why he no longer posts on the BC forums.
    Well then, let me reiterate a few points.

    1. So, you essentially did nothing. The mods did not change their behavior, Wacker did not stop being Wacker, and you were added to the ranks of people fallen under the CBR regime. All the while accomplishing...what? Clearly there was no justice, nor did you gain any moral victory out of it.

    If you at least got a chuckle out of the whole thing, then kudos for at least that.

    2. Again, what I proposed might not necessarily work. But then again, you just try harder. Copy/paste what he posted outside of the forum in case of deletion, dates and post numbers intact. Printscreen discussions as they progress, not when they end. Make a personal little cache of everything they do. Hell, even go a step further and open a blog with said info.

    But only now do I see Harvey's message, so I'll end the discussion here. If you feel like something was not said, spyke, hit me up on private messages.

  7. #17
    Rick Jones's Avatar
    Rick Jones is offline Keep my glass half-full in '15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    177A Bleecker Street
    Posts
    4,190
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't finish the movie, and the motivation to do so just isn't there. It took me about 5 sittings to finish the first Heroes United (God only knows why I did). From what I have seen, I honestly don't think it's as bad (no painfully annoying moments or characterization) but it's as bland as it gets. I probably could have dealt with that if it didn't hurt so much to look at it. That non-existent lip sync animation is like watching some truly terrible claymation.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

  8. #18
    RoyalRubble's Avatar
    RoyalRubble is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    795
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought this was slightly better than the previous Heroes United movie, but that's not saying much. This one at least had a decent enough story and a couple of twists along the way - none of them were that surprising or well handled though. The story was predictable and I'm guessing not that much thought was put into it. The character designs and animation once again looked pretty much terrible and the action scenes didn't have any impact, and once again bringing the Hulk into the story (because he's such a popular character) didn't make the movie any better. The Red Skull was a bland villain and the Taskmaster didn't really leave any impression on me this time. He was better handled on Ultimate Spider-Man. Once again the "best" scenes are the ones that are actually animated, like the opening credits or the Captain America brain-washing scene. I was surprised (but not disappointed) there was no after credits scene to indicate a sequel would follow. I was expecting a third Heroes United movie, most likely with Thor as the guest hero. Still, it's all for the better I say, after managing to finish this movie.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

  9. #19
    Rick Jones's Avatar
    Rick Jones is offline Keep my glass half-full in '15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    177A Bleecker Street
    Posts
    4,190
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalRubble View Post
    Once again the "best" scenes are the ones that are actually animated, like the opening credits or the Captain America brain-washing scene.
    I'd certainly agree with that.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

  10. #20
    Comicman2014 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the movie, but they made Taskmaster a chump. For example, Taskmaster tries to convinced the supposedly brainwashed Captain America to join him.

    Let ask you this...if you're planning to overthrow your employer, would you convince the employer's brainwashed slave to join you? Once you're brainwashed, I doubt you would betray the leader you are programmed to serve. Isn't Tasky smarter than that? He's lucky Captain American was faking it.

    The big twist with Tasky and his master plan was disappointing to me. It made him come off as Red Skull's pet dog.
    Last edited by Comicman2014; 08-26-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO