toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll

4 33.33%
  • ****1/2

1 8.33%

3 25.00%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

2 16.67%

0 0%
  • *1/2

2 16.67%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AQVXZ11 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
    Actually Thor can talk in space because of his Asgardian aura (Magic)
    I'm not surprised. But even so, he shouldn't be heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked some parts of the episode. Some of the banter was entertaining (for some reason, I like the line about “putting the victory cake back in the fridge.”).
    But I still can’t say I thought the episode was too exciting.

So the big bad gets captured by the Avengers way before the climax, is taken prisoner aboard the SHIELD Hellicarrier, and the Avengers remark about how capturing him was “almost too easy”, which turns out to be correct because it was all a trick by the bad guy to further his plan, who almost wrecks the Hellicarrier escaping? Am I crazy, or does this sound awfully familiar?

I don’t know; at this point it almost feels like the show is running on autopilot. It never seemed to want to go beyond the seven Avenger characters for the most part, and it seems like the stable of villains will be somewhat limited as well. But I guess I’ll see if future episodes have more surprises…
    Last edited by Capt. Speedbump; 02-19-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: typo

dr_marvel2040 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Speedbump View Post
    I liked some parts of the episode. Some of the banter was entertaining (for some reason, I like the line about “putting the victory cake back in the fridge.”).
    But I still can’t say I thought the episode was too exciting.
    So the big bad gets captured by the Avengers early on, is taken prisoner aboard the SHIELD Hellicarrier, and the Avengers remark about how capturing him was “almost too easy”, which turns out to be correct because it was all a trick by the bad guy to further his plan, who almost wrecks the Hellicarrier escaping? I’m pretty sure we’ve seen this before…
    I don’t know; at this point it almost feels like the show is running on autopilot. It never seemed to want to go beyond the seven Avenger characters for the most part, and it seems like the stable of villains will be somewhat limited as well. But I guess I’ll see if future episodes have more surprises…
    totally agree,,,i don't see anything new n this episoide,ok thor and hulk leave their battle site to rescue cap,,so why hawkeye,falcon and widow leave the super adaptoid free on the tricarrier???????????

hobbyfan is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't see the opening credits, but considering the imbeciles in charge of this show (Ear Loeb, Quesadilla).....!

Yeah, busting Red Skull too early was a rip-off from the Avengers movie. That alone is a sign of a lack of original ideas remaining. Do us all a favor, Marble. Get rid of Loeb & Quesada.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    I didn't see the opening credits, but considering the imbeciles in charge of this show (Ear Loeb, Quesadilla).....!

Yeah, busting Red Skull too early was a rip-off from the Avengers movie. That alone is a sign of a lack of original ideas remaining. Do us all a favor, Marble. Get rid of Loeb & Quesada.
    Good example of how people will do anything to trash the show and Marvel Animation. Sorry, but this was no rip-off. For one thing, in the movie it was Loki, a brainwashed Hawkeye and some foot soldiers. In this story the Cabal organized a decisive, specific, and surgical infiltration attack specifically to free the imprisoned Hyperion. In the movie Loki only allowed himself to be captured as a distraction so Hawkeye could easily sneak in and steal the meteroite and Selvig could finish the Tesseract device. Loki's influence gets the Avengers to fight amongst each other and then cause Banner to Hulk out and attack Black Widow and Thor. Two totally different situations.

And for another, stories where the villain gets captured only to trick and fool the heroes is hardly something the Avengers movie did first or invented. In fact, even the reverse has been done. To call it a ripoff of the Avengers movie is twaddle. It's been done in Marvel comic stories for years.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Good example of how people will do anything to trash the show and Marvel Animation. Sorry, but this was no rip-off. For one thing, in the movie it was Loki, a brainwashed Hawkeye and some foot soldiers. In this story the Cabal organized a decisive, specific, and surgical infiltration attack specifically to free the imprisoned Hyperion. In the movie Loki only allowed himself to be captured as a distraction so Hawkeye could easily sneak in and steal the meteroite and Selvig could finish the Tesseract device. Loki's influence gets the Avengers to fight amongst each other and then cause Banner to Hulk out and attack Black Widow and Thor. Two totally different situations.

And for another, stories where the villain gets captured only to trick and fool the heroes is hardly something the Avengers movie did first or invented. In fact, even the reverse has been done. To call it a ripoff of the Avengers movie is twaddle. It's been done in Marvel comic stories for years.
    I guess it's time to "win" again.

Red Skull getting himself captured early does bear a resemblance to Loki being captured early, and they both had greater thoughts in mind, and both had associates launch decisive, specific, and surgical infiltration attacks. Yes, the MacGuffins are different, but the execution bears a lot of similarity, only bearing in mind certain details in AA (like Hulk is Hulk 24/7).

Yes, it's a plot that's been done for years. It's also been done to death. Beyond death. We'd like some new plots.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No one complained about it when it happened in Transformers: Prime. It's a silly thing to complain about. If Avengers Assemble is going to get trashed over it, than every recent cartoon that does it should.

If you look at action cartoon shows or TV shows in general, you can find any number of recurring conventions and plotlines that tend to get recycled over and over again. Now maybe that speaks of a lack of originality, but it doesn't mean these shows are automatically going to be bad either.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No one complained about it when it happened in Transformers: Prime. It's a silly thing to complain about. If Avengers Assemble is going to get trashed over it, than every recent cartoon that does it should.
    I haven’t seen Transformers Prime. Nor have I seen a lot of recent pop culture. I couldn’t begin to tell you what parts of any given TV show are original vs. what’s been done before.
    I have however, seen the Avengers movie.
    Furthermore, I’m pretty sure the writers have seen the Avengers movie, and are probably assuming the audience has seen the Avengers movie.
    I’m not complaining that what they did wasn’t completely 100% original. But they could have realized that they were lifting plot points from a source their audience was already familiar with.
    Or maybe they did, and for all I know, that was their intent. But it just kind of made the episode predictable to me.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you look at action cartoon shows or TV shows in general, you can find any number of recurring conventions and plotlines that tend to get recycled over and over again. Now maybe that speaks of a lack of originality, but it doesn't mean these shows are automatically going to be bad either.
    You're giving excuses on a very bad show, Vile. We know you love AA but the majority doesn't.

I have watched Prime and the only reference i have seen is their designs being based a bit on the live action movies and the atmosphere but unlike AA they are not COPYING scenes from the movies, we have discuss this with you on that millions of times but you still see the opposite direction saying "Fantastic episode, so original" it's like saying that to the Wachowski brothers how original the Matrix until everyone notice they took most of the idea from another source.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Aang is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It has been a little while since I have been on here.

Just a few comments:

1) I checked out the ratings for the last for the last episode of AA (see Son of the Bronx's website or any other similar website for ratings information). About 525,000 people tuned in for it. This is pretty solid for a Disney XD show. To provide some perspective on this, consider the following: during that week (February 10-16) Disney XD (DXD) averaged 305,000 viewers during the day. During prime time hours during that week, DXD averaged 326,000 viewers. To assume that even a majority of these viewers dislike the show is not realistic.

2) Online commentary about a show can give a distorted view about a global perspective of a show. I see this with a show like ESPN2's First Take. If someone were to judge that show purely by online commentary and blogs, the seemingly obvious conclusion would be that the show is horrible, silly, lazy and no one likes it (sound familiar). However, a closer look would give a much different perspective. The reality is that First Take is the most popular studio
    show on ESPN2 and actually has a pretty sizable and loyal fan base who absolutely love it.

Many people (like myself) do not got online websites to comment about shows as a normative behavior. There is nothing wrong with doing that at all. However, there is also nothing wrong with not
    doing that either.

Please note that the following statement is not as an attack on anyone at this website or anywhere else. I have to say this because my previous experience has shown me that there are people who will take what I am about to say as some sort of personal challenge: Statements such as "..nobody likes this show...." or "...everyone this is bad..." or "...the show is just really bad..." or "...everyone thinks that the writing is just really bad..." are simply not true statements.

A lot of people like this show. Some to varying degrees. But to state that dislike and disgust are the more or less universal reactions to this show (or Hulk Agents of Smash or Ultimate Spiderman for that matter) is just as fanciful as is the Marvel Universe itself.

3) I really like AEMH. I really like Spec. Spider-man. I really like Young Justice...Overall I am liking AA more than AEMH and Young Justice.
    I am liking Ult. Spider-man more than Spec. Spider-man. And I am liking Hulk Agents of Smash. There is something about the lighter tone and the more defined action scenes and MCU based character designs that is really likable about these shows.

Do I expect everyone to feel as I do? No.

Do I really care? No. I do not mean this in any disrespectful sense. It is just kind of lame to not like something or somebody because of other
    people's opinions.

But please realize that there are many (less vocal) people who actually like these shows.

4) I do not get the antipathy towards bringing the MCU into Marvel animation. Animation copies print all of the time.
    Seriously, if it was not for the MCU I would not care about Marvel
    animation as much. This is just a statement of my perspective. I am not asking for a retort or a debate.

Peace

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast