toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • *****

    4 33.33%
  • ****1/2

    1 8.33%
  • ****

    3 25.00%
  • ***1/2

    0 0%
  • ***

    0 0%
  • **1/2

    2 16.67%
  • **

    0 0%
  • *1/2

    2 16.67%
  • *

    0 0%
  • 0

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21
    AQVXZ11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
    Actually Thor can talk in space because of his Asgardian aura (Magic)
    I'm not surprised. But even so, he shouldn't be heard.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked some parts of the episode. Some of the banter was entertaining (for some reason, I like the line about “putting the victory cake back in the fridge.”).
    But I still can’t say I thought the episode was too exciting.

    So the big bad gets captured by the Avengers way before the climax, is taken prisoner aboard the SHIELD Hellicarrier, and the Avengers remark about how capturing him was “almost too easy”, which turns out to be correct because it was all a trick by the bad guy to further his plan, who almost wrecks the Hellicarrier escaping? Am I crazy, or does this sound awfully familiar?


    I don’t know; at this point it almost feels like the show is running on autopilot. It never seemed to want to go beyond the seven Avenger characters for the most part, and it seems like the stable of villains will be somewhat limited as well. But I guess I’ll see if future episodes have more surprises…
    Last edited by Capt. Speedbump; 02-19-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: typo

  3. #23
    dr_marvel2040 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Speedbump View Post
    I liked some parts of the episode. Some of the banter was entertaining (for some reason, I like the line about “putting the victory cake back in the fridge.”).
    But I still can’t say I thought the episode was too exciting.
    So the big bad gets captured by the Avengers early on, is taken prisoner aboard the SHIELD Hellicarrier, and the Avengers remark about how capturing him was “almost too easy”, which turns out to be correct because it was all a trick by the bad guy to further his plan, who almost wrecks the Hellicarrier escaping? I’m pretty sure we’ve seen this before…
    I don’t know; at this point it almost feels like the show is running on autopilot. It never seemed to want to go beyond the seven Avenger characters for the most part, and it seems like the stable of villains will be somewhat limited as well. But I guess I’ll see if future episodes have more surprises…
    totally agree,,,i don't see anything new n this episoide,ok thor and hulk leave their battle site to rescue cap,,so why hawkeye,falcon and widow leave the super adaptoid free on the tricarrier???????????

  4. #24
    hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Troy NY
    Posts
    5,584
    Blog Entries
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't see the opening credits, but considering the imbeciles in charge of this show (Ear Loeb, Quesadilla).....!

    Yeah, busting Red Skull too early was a rip-off from the Avengers movie. That alone is a sign of a lack of original ideas remaining. Do us all a favor, Marble. Get rid of Loeb & Quesada.

  5. #25
    TheVileOne's Avatar
    TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,480
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    I didn't see the opening credits, but considering the imbeciles in charge of this show (Ear Loeb, Quesadilla).....!

    Yeah, busting Red Skull too early was a rip-off from the Avengers movie. That alone is a sign of a lack of original ideas remaining. Do us all a favor, Marble. Get rid of Loeb & Quesada.
    Good example of how people will do anything to trash the show and Marvel Animation. Sorry, but this was no rip-off. For one thing, in the movie it was Loki, a brainwashed Hawkeye and some foot soldiers. In this story the Cabal organized a decisive, specific, and surgical infiltration attack specifically to free the imprisoned Hyperion. In the movie Loki only allowed himself to be captured as a distraction so Hawkeye could easily sneak in and steal the meteroite and Selvig could finish the Tesseract device. Loki's influence gets the Avengers to fight amongst each other and then cause Banner to Hulk out and attack Black Widow and Thor. Two totally different situations.

    And for another, stories where the villain gets captured only to trick and fool the heroes is hardly something the Avengers movie did first or invented. In fact, even the reverse has been done. To call it a ripoff of the Avengers movie is twaddle. It's been done in Marvel comic stories for years.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."


    -CM Punk

  6. #26
    macattack's Avatar
    macattack is offline I see you!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Good example of how people will do anything to trash the show and Marvel Animation. Sorry, but this was no rip-off. For one thing, in the movie it was Loki, a brainwashed Hawkeye and some foot soldiers. In this story the Cabal organized a decisive, specific, and surgical infiltration attack specifically to free the imprisoned Hyperion. In the movie Loki only allowed himself to be captured as a distraction so Hawkeye could easily sneak in and steal the meteroite and Selvig could finish the Tesseract device. Loki's influence gets the Avengers to fight amongst each other and then cause Banner to Hulk out and attack Black Widow and Thor. Two totally different situations.

    And for another, stories where the villain gets captured only to trick and fool the heroes is hardly something the Avengers movie did first or invented. In fact, even the reverse has been done. To call it a ripoff of the Avengers movie is twaddle. It's been done in Marvel comic stories for years.
    I guess it's time to "win" again.

    Red Skull getting himself captured early does bear a resemblance to Loki being captured early, and they both had greater thoughts in mind, and both had associates launch decisive, specific, and surgical infiltration attacks. Yes, the MacGuffins are different, but the execution bears a lot of similarity, only bearing in mind certain details in AA (like Hulk is Hulk 24/7).

    Yes, it's a plot that's been done for years. It's also been done to death. Beyond death. We'd like some new plots.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

  7. #27
    TheVileOne's Avatar
    TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,480
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No one complained about it when it happened in Transformers: Prime. It's a silly thing to complain about. If Avengers Assemble is going to get trashed over it, than every recent cartoon that does it should.

    If you look at action cartoon shows or TV shows in general, you can find any number of recurring conventions and plotlines that tend to get recycled over and over again. Now maybe that speaks of a lack of originality, but it doesn't mean these shows are automatically going to be bad either.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."


    -CM Punk

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    No one complained about it when it happened in Transformers: Prime. It's a silly thing to complain about. If Avengers Assemble is going to get trashed over it, than every recent cartoon that does it should.
    I haven’t seen Transformers Prime. Nor have I seen a lot of recent pop culture. I couldn’t begin to tell you what parts of any given TV show are original vs. what’s been done before.
    I have however, seen the Avengers movie.
    Furthermore, I’m pretty sure the writers have seen the Avengers movie, and are probably assuming the audience has seen the Avengers movie.
    I’m not complaining that what they did wasn’t completely 100% original. But they could have realized that they were lifting plot points from a source their audience was already familiar with.
    Or maybe they did, and for all I know, that was their intent. But it just kind of made the episode predictable to me.


  9. #29
    King_of_doom's Avatar
    King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,639
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    No one complained about it when it happened in Transformers: Prime. It's a silly thing to complain about. If Avengers Assemble is going to get trashed over it, than every recent cartoon that does it should.

    If you look at action cartoon shows or TV shows in general, you can find any number of recurring conventions and plotlines that tend to get recycled over and over again. Now maybe that speaks of a lack of originality, but it doesn't mean these shows are automatically going to be bad either.
    You're giving excuses on a very bad show, Vile. We know you love AA but the majority doesn't.

    I have watched Prime and the only reference i have seen is their designs being based a bit on the live action movies and the atmosphere but unlike AA they are not COPYING scenes from the movies, we have discuss this with you on that millions of times but you still see the opposite direction saying "Fantastic episode, so original" it's like saying that to the Wachowski brothers how original the Matrix until everyone notice they took most of the idea from another source.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

    Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

  10. #30
    Aang is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It has been a little while since I have been on here.


    Just a few comments:



    1) I checked out the ratings for the last for the last episode of AA (see Son of the Bronx's website or any other similar website for ratings information). About 525,000 people tuned in for it. This is pretty solid for a Disney XD show. To provide some perspective on this, consider the following: during that week (February 10-16) Disney XD (DXD) averaged 305,000 viewers during the day. During prime time hours during that week, DXD averaged 326,000 viewers. To assume that even a majority of these viewers dislike the show is not realistic.



    2) Online commentary about a show can give a distorted view about a global perspective of a show. I see this with a show like ESPN2's First Take. If someone were to judge that show purely by online commentary and blogs, the seemingly obvious conclusion would be that the show is horrible, silly, lazy and no one likes it (sound familiar). However, a closer look would give a much different perspective. The reality is that First Take is the most popular studio
    show on ESPN2 and actually has a pretty sizable and loyal fan base who absolutely love it.

    Many people (like myself) do not got online websites to comment about shows as a normative behavior. There is nothing wrong with doing that at all. However, there is also nothing wrong with not
    doing that either.

    Please note that the following statement is not as an attack on anyone at this website or anywhere else. I have to say this because my previous experience has shown me that there are people who will take what I am about to say as some sort of personal challenge: Statements such as "..nobody likes this show...." or "...everyone this is bad..." or "...the show is just really bad..." or "...everyone thinks that the writing is just really bad..." are simply not true statements.

    A lot of people like this show. Some to varying degrees. But to state that dislike and disgust are the more or less universal reactions to this show (or Hulk Agents of Smash or Ultimate Spiderman for that matter) is just as fanciful as is the Marvel Universe itself.



    3) I really like AEMH. I really like Spec. Spider-man. I really like Young Justice...Overall I am liking AA more than AEMH and Young Justice.
    I am liking Ult. Spider-man more than Spec. Spider-man. And I am liking Hulk Agents of Smash. There is something about the lighter tone and the more defined action scenes and MCU based character designs that is really likable about these shows.


    Do I expect everyone to feel as I do? No.



    Do I really care? No. I do not mean this in any disrespectful sense. It is just kind of lame to not like something or somebody because of other
    people's opinions.



    But please realize that there are many (less vocal) people who actually like these shows.



    4) I do not get the antipathy towards bringing the MCU into Marvel animation. Animation copies print all of the time.
    Seriously, if it was not for the MCU I would not care about Marvel
    animation as much. This is just a statement of my perspective. I am not asking for a retort or a debate.

    Peace

  11. #31
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,298
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, they are true statements; they are opinions.

    Just like the "I like he show, the writing is refreshingly exciting, and the animation is smooth and the chorography original" is a true statement, in that is an opinion. Opinions are always subjectively true, and deserve respect as such Disagreement and discussion is cool, but respect the posters, please.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roger Ebert famously once said “Never look for an objective critic. All criticism is subjective.” He once got a letter from a person asking him to keep his opinions out of his reviews. He wrote back and asked the guy to keep his opinions out of his letters.

    But for the record, I don’t think Avengers Assemble is an irredeemably awful show. It’s not even the worst Avengers cartoon ever made (I’m looking at you, United They Stand). The designs are pretty good. The voice acting is fine. I know some people complain about the animation, but I don’t have a problem with it. It’s just that most episodes just kind of leave me feeling “meh”.
    Here’s how I feel about the three Avengers animated series to date:
    I can’t watch United They Stand for more than a few minutes without experiencing physical pain.
    I loved Earths Mightiest Heroes way more than I ever thought I could love an animated Marvel Adaptation.
    Avengers Assemble kinda falls somewhere in the middle for me.
    Unlike UTS, I can watch an entire episode and not retch. But at the same time, I just don’t feel the passion or excitement I felt with A:EMH.
    If other people like AA, that’s fine. In fact, I’m a little envious; I wish I enjoyed it as much as you do. It’s always better to love than to hate.
    But for me, I’m just not feeling it.

    Last edited by Capt. Speedbump; 02-25-2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added more

  13. #33
    90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    My Own Nonsensical World
    Posts
    4,375
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Better than I expected. I figured the Cabal would be less of a threat combined than they were as individuals (the Adaptoid almost beat the Avengers by itself, Dracula almost beat the Avengers by himself, etc.), but I do like that it was all a scheme to get Hyperion. That made up for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    I have never been a fan of blue skin vampires to be honest. I know that's meant to show them as being pale but just something about it feels weird to me.
    Me too. Especially since Attuma is blue as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Dracula vs. Thor and Attuma vs. Hulk are only epic until you realize the failure of logic in both fights. Dracula could have been vaporized in an instant in outer space,
    Didn't Dracula say something about going into space to avoid his one weakness?
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

  14. #34
    Aang is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Capt. Speedbump:

    Definitely appreciate your words...much respect to you sir.


    Salute
    Last edited by Aang; 02-28-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: subject clarification

  15. #35
    RoyalRubble's Avatar
    RoyalRubble is offline Member Tetris Champion Magma 2 Champion Crazy Go Nuts Champion Crazy Go Nuts 2 Champion Bimmin Champion R4CE 2078 Champion Nuclearoids Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    623
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good episode. It was kind of nice seeing the Cabal working more like a team, and them getting a new, more powerful member at the end of the episode in Hyperion, but other than that not too much to like here. I admit I am kind of interested in seeing how this will all play out, but it looks like this episode won't really have any impact on the show for a while (considering the next episode titles). Honestly, I still don't really think the Cabal is that much of a threat here but Hyperion could change all that, even though I kind of doubt he'd be willing to serve Red Skull.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

  16. #36
    Freddy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Didn't Dracula say something about going into space to avoid his one weakness?
    Going into the space would actually make his weakness even worse, because in space there's no ozone layer in between him and the Sun.

  17. #37
    Aaron's Avatar
    Aaron is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    ...

    And I am liking Hulk Agents of Smash. There is something about the lighter tone and the more defined action scenes and MCU based character designs that is really likable about these shows.

    ...

    This is just a statement of my perspective. I am not asking for a retort or a debate.

    Peace
    Not here to debate you, but must retort nonetheless.
    You say "lighter tone". I read/hear "sophomoric immature humor and poor writing". I love Hulk. LOVE HIM. And She-Hulk as well for that matter. Don't really care for Red Hulk, A-Bomb, Skaar or anyone else. But this show is so simple-minded and goofy and so full of obnoxiously poor characterization that it just irks me. It truly grates on my nerves that shows like this even exist. I wish we could get a Hulk-centric show that's GOOD again. Take all the best aspects of the 70s live-action show, the 80s cartoon, and a lot of episodes from the 90s Hulk cartoon.
    Something more akin to the 2nd season of 90s The Fantastic Four, or Silver Surfer for that matter. Something more like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

    Though... if they made a new show, seeing the current trend, it would be a Banner-less show. Which I find to be one of the major problems. Marvel's strongest aspect, story-wise, have always been their ability to focus on the human dilemma of their heroes. That's why shows like Spectacular Spider-man were so good, and shows like the 70s live-action Spider-Man were so bad. Just listen to anything Stan Lee has to say about it.

    And now... back to the original topic.
    This episode was pretty good. Not great. But pretty good. More enjoyable than some other episodes. And any time I get to see Dracula causing problems makes me happy with this show. Now, if only we could get a few more Doom-centric episodes, preferably with some Fantastic Four guest appearances.

  18. #38
    webmonkey44's Avatar
    webmonkey44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    aaron, did anyone mention to the current dislike for anything resembling drama on children's broadcast networks?

  19. #39
    Aaron's Avatar
    Aaron is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webmonkey44 View Post
    aaron, did anyone mention to the current dislike for anything resembling drama on children's broadcast networks?
    Maybe it's a grammatical thing, but I don't understand your question. Maybe rephrasing it would help, but I don't know what you're asking me.

  20. #40
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,298
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe he's referring to the recent trend of serious actions shows being cancelled in favor of goofy shows (like Teen Titans Go), as documented in several pro interviews (Paul Dini being the most recent one, IIRC).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO