toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll

4 33.33%
  • ****1/2

1 8.33%

3 25.00%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

2 16.67%

0 0%
  • *1/2

2 16.67%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I could care less about the Dracula design not matching the classic one. If I wanna read classic dracula reprints, I'll read them.

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    1. When did they move the Marvel Universe block up to 8 (ET)? I've seen bits of Hulk & the Agents of SMASH at 8:30 (ET) in recent weeks, and I was thinking, could this block be starting to tank in the ratings, even with new eps?
    That is most likely the reason the block was moved up to 8 AM.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought this was a pretty good episode, and it avoided some annoying cliches. Like, I thought that in the climax, the Avengers would trick the Cabal into in-fighting again. But the show pleasantly surprised me; the villains actually won (well, not the fights, but they got what they came for).

Hyperion! This could come back to bite the Cabal.

I also liked how The Cabal were the main characters here, and not the Avengers. Made for a nice change of pace.

A small thing, but I like how the Thor and Dracula battle went to space. Epic.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Bit Cloud is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Avengers except for Captain America and Widow, came off as arrogant jerks in this episode, and deceived to lose. They are so use to their enemies infighting that they got careless and was completely unprepared for the possibility of the Cabal actually getting along and working as a team.

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found the Cabal's bickering to be childish and immature, and there were some serious plot holes in this one. Dracula vs. Thor and Attuma vs. Hulk are only epic until you realize the failure of logic in both fights. Dracula could have been vaporized in an instant in outer space, and Attuma vs. Hulk broke the laws of physics on so many levels (though maybe the mediocre-as-usual animation did more to harm the visuals than the writing in that case). Not to mention it would have made more sense for Red Skull to allow Dracula to bite Captain America than to stop him, because CA would have become a mindless ally in that case.

I fail to see how this was a "good" episode. "Better than usual", maybe. But definitely not "good".
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Plans which are predicated on your enemies acting like idiots are the plans of idiots. More poor writing. No big surprise there.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I found the Cabal's bickering to be childish and immature, and there were some serious plot holes in this one. Dracula vs. Thor and Attuma vs. Hulk are only epic until you realize the failure of logic in both fights. Dracula could have been vaporized in an instant in outer space, and Attuma vs. Hulk broke the laws of physics on so many levels (though maybe the mediocre-as-usual animation did more to harm the visuals than the writing in that case). Not to mention it would have made more sense for Red Skull to allow Dracula to bite Captain America than to stop him, because CA would have become a mindless ally in that case.

I fail to see how this was a "good" episode. "Better than usual", maybe. But definitely not "good".
    The goal was to attain Hyperion from the Tricarrier. Had Dracula bitten Captain America the plan wouldn't have worked the way Red Skull wanted. They needed Captain America whole as their hostage or "bargaining chip" to distract the other Avengers to rescue him. Thus they had free reign to take Hyperion and make their escape. Had Dracula made Captain America his pawn, they wouldn't have had any live bait to trip up the Avengers to do so.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    The goal was to attain Hyperion from the Tricarrier. Had Dracula bitten Captain America the plan wouldn't have worked the way Red Skull wanted. They needed Captain America whole as their hostage or "bargaining chip" to distract the other Avengers to rescue him. Thus they had free reign to take Hyperion and make their escape. Had Dracula made Captain America his pawn, they wouldn't have had any live bait to trip up the Avengers to do so.
    It would have been more effective if Captain America had been a mindless pawn. They still could have tied him up and chances were Iron Man wouldn't notice before it's too late, especially if CA had been explicitly told to play the part of a hostage. And then CA could have caused further chaos in the ranks of the Avengers, allowing the Cabal to get away with more than just Hyperion. They could have made off with part of the Helicarrier in the process, if not all of it, not to mention a legion of SHIELD secrets.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

AQVXZ11 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    It would have been more effective if Captain America had been a mindless pawn. They still could have tied him up and chances were Iron Man wouldn't notice before it's too late, especially if CA had been explicitly told to play the part of a hostage. And then CA could have caused further chaos in the ranks of the Avengers, allowing the Cabal to get away with more than just Hyperion. They could have made off with part of the Helicarrier in the process, if not all of it, not to mention a legion of SHIELD secrets.
    I agree. I said the same thing to myself as I was watching. And another thing...when are people going to learn that you can't talk or hear someone talk in space? The scene and dialogue between Thor and Dracula was cool but come on, everyone knows that's impossible.

bigdaddy313 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AQVXZ11 View Post
    I agree. I said the same thing to myself as I was watching. And another thing...when are people going to learn that you can't talk or hear someone talk in space? The scene and dialogue between Thor and Dracula was cool but come on, everyone knows that's impossible.
    Actually Thor can talk in space because of his Asgardian aura (Magic)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast