toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this Issue!

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

1 16.67%

1 16.67%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

2 33.33%
  • 1/2

2 33.33%
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hulk and the Agents of S.MA.S.H "Mission: Impossible Man" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Check out an all-new episode today on Disney XD!

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    "Mission: Impossible Man"

Episode Premiere Date - February 9th, 2014

The Hulks' biggest fan Impossible Man also proves to be their biggest problem when he summons the giant dragon Fing Fang Foom to battle them.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode pretty much proves my theory about the 3 current Marvel shows. All 3 shows are basically a slightly more serious version of THE MARVEL SUPERHERO SQUAD SHOW. They reuse the music from SUPERHERO SQUAD, as well as the same stupid jokes/sight gags and pacing.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't believe Paul Dini actually wrote this. No further words need to be said.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty insipid.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was dumb.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the only good thing that came out of this is cormation ant-man exists in this universe of course the movie is close to shooting so of course he is sigh now all we need is a miss marvel and black panther movie and then the emh heroes avengers will be back in some form.

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I can't believe Paul Dini actually wrote this. No further words need to be said.
    Well he has written silly/campy animated series before in the past.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked this a lot more than Impy's appearance on Avengers Assemble. He was a lot more interesting after his powers got drained.

I was surprised to see Sauron again, made sense that after draining Impy's powers he was able to summon Fin Fang Foom, but doing so drained him and he was not strong enough to control him after that. Either way, I liked seeing Fin Fang Foom animated again. All the action and fights were really good. Steven Blum does a great Sauron. I hope this means we can see him in another show, be it Ultimate Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble. He's always been one of my favorite X-Men villains.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

webmonkey44 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    for some reason i everytime i see a marvel based tv episode featuring impossible man it always gets received poorly...I dont know why though...I mean bat mite and mr mixypin dont get this treatment so why batmite?

EDIT: Where did the artificially intelligent jet disappear to?

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    This episode pretty much proves my theory about the 3 current Marvel shows. All 3 shows are basically a slightly more serious version of THE MARVEL SUPERHERO SQUAD SHOW. They reuse the music from SUPERHERO SQUAD, as well as the same stupid jokes/sight gags and pacing.
    With some major differences. The main being that the humor in Superhero Squad was actually funny. It did not talk down to the audence as much as these shows ether. SHS while a kids show threw in plenty of jokes for older audiences because it knew parents and comic fans were watching. You don't get that here. The jokes in SHS were no where near as bad as the jokes in these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I can. This episode was pretty much a far inferior version of Paul's Batmite episode from Brave and the bold. Problem is while that episode was fun and had some smart humor this one is not and does not. Paul Dini is great with humor and serous writing it's just not happening here, can't help but think that it's probably Loeb and his cronies dumbing down his writing, or telling him to do so.

dr_marvel2040 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just watched this stupid episoide..........why are they use the hulks more properly.........the compound hulk is the silliest idea i have ever seen.......the design of fing fang foom is terrible.........i just cant take more of that....just 1 season is enough,,,PLEASE

Straight Edge is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Skaar fix! Hold still!" -- was about he only part I enjoyed of this episode.

mrbean1500 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the beginning of this episode was basically one of the teen titans dc nation shorts...

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I liked this a lot more than Impy's appearance on Avengers Assemble. He was a lot more interesting after his powers got drained.
    I actually agree, which is why I kinda liked this. Added bonus of having some other green villains, Sauron and Fin Fang Foom.

Quote Originally Posted by webmonkey44 View Post
    for some reason i everytime i see a marvel based tv episode featuring impossible man it always gets received poorly...I dont know why though...I mean bat mite and mr mixypin dont get this treatment so why batmite?
    Batmite ruined the 70's Batman cartoon but on Batman the Brave and the Bold, he was much better used, a nice mix of meta and it's practically the producers talking to the audience and the audience talking back in one character. I was so-so on Zyx's episode of Legion of Superheroes, but I did like Nosyarg Kcid/Larry on Teen Titans. That was when Titans could get REALLY silly in between serious stuff. As for Mr. Mxyzptlk, he wasn't as out there and Superman himself didn't feel out of character at all.

When the Impossible Man shows up, everyone seems to dumb down. And maybe it's because he's an alien rather than an interdimensional being like the DC imps that hurts him. Impy can get a little too powerful sometimes, and I found it ridiculous on FF: WGH. I just plain didn't like him on Avengers Assemble or his episode. For whatever reason, I thought he was used well here (as well as Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. use anything).
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

RoyalRubble is offline Member Tetris Champion Magma 2 Champion Crazy Go Nuts Champion Crazy Go Nuts 2 Champion Bimmin Champion R4CE 2078 Champion Nuclearoids Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only thing I liked in this episode was the brief mention of Hank Pym/Ant-Man. No idea when we'll actually get to see him (I'd actually be more interested in seeing Wasp to be honest) but it's nice to get some sort of confirmation he at least exists. Other than that, nothing really stood out - I thought Impossible Man was more tolerable here than on Avengers Assemble (though not by much), and it was neat seeing Sauron again, and Fin Fang Foom make his debut here even though I didn't really care for his new design.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City