toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this Episode!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

1 14.29%
  • ****1/2

2 28.57%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

1 14.29%

0 0%
  • **1/2

1 14.29%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

2 28.57%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Check out an all-new episode today on Disney XD!

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    "Abomination"

Episode Premiere Date - February 2nd, 2014

Abomination, a villain from Red Hulk’s past, plans to take out the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. one-by-one so he can exact the ultimate revenge and frame the team for destroying Vista Verde.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So Ross cwas his target the whole time then.

Gold Guy is offline I kan spel grate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, an episode I actually liked. :O

The writers impressed me with Abominaton here. Too many writers forget that Blonsky is really smart and cunning, which was why Ross enlisted him in the first place. A lot of comics and cartoons (even EMH) show him as some dumb brute. I loved seeing him planning, hacking the systems, etc

Red Hulk was still really annoying, though.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

RoyalRubble is offline Member Tetris Champion Magma 2 Champion Crazy Go Nuts Champion Crazy Go Nuts 2 Champion Bimmin Champion R4CE 2078 Champion Nuclearoids Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this is the second episode I actually enjoyed from this show. Abomination was a great villain here, much better than I expected. Smarter and apparently stronger than any of his previous animated appearances, which made this a pretty entertaining episode. Other than his portrayal though, the rest of the episode still wasn't anything outstanding. It had some neat moments, and it was nice to see some more about the main character's pasts, but that's about all I have to say.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually thinks this was the best episode of S.M.A.S.H. yet! Which actually surprised me, even though I've been anticipating Abomination's appearance for a while. Props to Steven Melching, the writer .

I thought it was neat that the creative team combined Abominations movie origins with his comic appearance and nationality. But I still don't get why they had to give him clothes though .

His goal of revenge against Ross, rather than Hulk, I also found to be interesting and it was nice to get more of a glimpse at the"good ol' days" of Savage Hulk and General Ross. If this episode is any indication, that time period seems far more compelling than the present day.

While Red is far and away not my favorite Hulk, I thought this episode did a lot to humanize him and make him seem like less of the big jerk he is for 90% of the series.

Hulk doesn't like secrets? After Keeping Skarr's working for the Leader a secret? Hulk's a hypocrite .

Hulk vs. Abomination could've been really awesome, but I felt it the animation quality really brought it down. Setting aside the story quality, Marvel's in-house animation for their shows is really bringing them down I think. We would've been in for a treat if this had happened in Ultimate Spider-Man. Then again, we probably would've had fourth-wall gags interrupting the fight .

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All this episode proves is that the show would have been more interesting taking place in the past that was so briefly explored in this episode.

Still, the Abomination had a pretty good appearance on this mediocre show. The animation was a letdown far too many times here but the Abomination was a legitimate threat and he assaulted the Hulks like the elite, professional soldier they said he was. Just like the episode where Hulk and Thing teamed up against The Leader, I can't help but wish that this show was darker and edgier most of the time, because this show improves dramatically when the episodes are more serious. A shame, then, that at least the next two episodes are looking to be as silly as ever.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another great episode written by Steven Melching who has done some of my favorites on this show.

I also liked that it was a pretty faithful, traditional interpretation of Abomination. He was Russian, but also a cunning soldier and spy. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes they kept him British like the 2008 movie. I hated the movie design of Abomination, so I'm glad they kept a design more in line with the comics here as well. Red Hulk/Ross actually showing some growth and development here as well was a plus. Him showing some remorse and being protective of his team was also well done. Robin Atkin Downes did a great job voicing Abomination as well (previously did Mumm-Ra in the new Thundercats show).

Another beat I liked was Hulk risking his life to save Abomination. It shows that this is a different Hulk that has changed. I think the message of letting go of past grudges in order to move on with your life was positive and well done.

We got a little bit of the Leader, who is still imprisoned at Hulk base. This seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Leader already planted a virus in their ship. Just seems like there would be a more practical place to keep him. This method just seems to be a ticking time bomb waiting to go off again.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best episode yet. Wow, the Abomination had an even better presence than the Leader. See what you can do when you use Hulk villains and not Fantastic Four villains? I love the fact that they kept him in shadow for so long (seeing him taking out Devil Dinosaur like that was frightening). The Red Hulk stuff wasn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    We got a little bit of the Leader, who is still imprisoned at Hulk base. This seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Leader already planted a virus in their ship. Just seems like there would be a more practical place to keep him. This method just seems to be a ticking time bomb waiting to go off again.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing that particular bomb go off.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After reading everyone's comment on the episode i got curious to see and i must say this is the best episode they made and a bonus of having a classic Hulk villain where they should consider using more then just Fantastic Four or other villains from other heroes. Pretty much didn't care about Red Hulk tho would have been good on telling Blonsky he made a mistake of using him as a guinea pig and transforming him into a monster, would have been at least a good character development.

This version of the Abomination did surprise me where he uses his military skills and intelligence to fool everyone, including Red. Agreed with others that this is how they should have done where he uses his past skills aside of brute force, i still like EMH but would been awesome having an Abomination that act like this one. Nice to see they bring back Robin Atkin Downes to voice the Abomination again, that's one of the things i liked from EMH version and here he did a good job again on Smash.

I do question the writers of Smash......is it too hard to write something like this?Clearly it was enjoyable and it did had some funny scenes but kept it to a minimal instead of what they have shown so far(especially the latest episode) this was an entertaining episode and see how some who don't see a good eye on the show would change their minds if they do this type of episodes more often.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to