toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes might be the best Marvel catoon ever

Like This Thread!

How the hell did something this good air on a DISNEY channel? Disney are known to 'kiddify' everything, but this show still feels very mature and intelligent.

Deep down Spider-Man (1994) is still my absolute favorite - best voice casting ever! - but this is a very, very close second.

Does everybody here love EMH as much as me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aside from the last half of the second season, I was constantly blown away by the quality of this show. While I can't say the animation was top notch, the voice acting was great and the music was enjoyable (if not repetitive). The writing was very intelligent, and they did a good job at building up to huge events throughout multiple episodes.

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spec Spiderman is still my favorite

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Spectacular Spider-Man had a better ratio of good to bad episodes than The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes did, but I don't know if I can decide which to call better, since they both take very different approaches to the world of superheroism. (SSM shows the difficulty of balancing a crimefighting career and a normal life, while EMH depicts the struggles of forming and maintaining a team among heroes with different beliefs and goals.)

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsneybuf View Post
    The Spectacular Spider-Man had a better ratio of good to bad episodes than The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes did,
    That may be, but I don't think that would have been the case without the interference of Loeb and MoA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Undoubtedly, but we unfortunately live in a universe where they did interfere.

Anwar is offline Lord of the Vindaloovians
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spectacular also had only half the run time EMH did, so there was a smaller sample pool for good to bad for Spectacular.

RoyalRubble is offline Member Tetris Champion Magma 2 Champion Crazy Go Nuts Champion Crazy Go Nuts 2 Champion Bimmin Champion R4CE 2078 Champion Nuclearoids Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's definitely my favorite super-hero team show from Marvel. I loved pretty much everything about the show (even the latter episodes, while not as great were still more entertaining than what we have now).
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone else wondered why Stan Lee never made a cameo? I know this sounds like a small flaw, but the fact that he's made cameos in all of the other Disney XD Marvel cartoons (including The Spectacular Spider-Man), the Phineas and Ferb crossover, and even some fan-produced pieces of superhero animation made me feel surprised he never turned up here.
    I'm guessing Yost and Fine wanted to put him in an episode from the magic season...

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsneybuf View Post
    Has anyone else wondered why Stan Lee never made a cameo? I know this sounds like a small flaw, but the fact that he's made cameos in all of the other Disney XD Marvel cartoons (including The Spectacular Spider-Man), the Phineas and Ferb crossover, and even some fan-produced pieces of superhero animation made me feel surprised he never turned up here.
    I'm guessing Yost and Fine wanted to put him in an episode from the magic season...
    He never did a cameo for the 90s X-Men series either.