toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73
  1. #31
    Aaron's Avatar
    Aaron is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I've been hearing lots of negative views toward this show.
    But the main complaints I've been hearing are 1) It's not A:EMH & 2) People not liking the art-style.
    ...
    So, After accepting the fact that this will never be as good as A:EMH, I finally sat down to watch. I actually like the visuals, so that doesn't bother me. I loved the introduction of Red Skull. I rather enjoyed the episode "The Serpent of Doom", I really, really, REALLY loved "Blood Feud". Give me more Dracula, please! I liked The Avengers getting to fight Attuma in "Depth Charge". And "The Doomstroyer" gave me a Doctor Doom/Destroyer/Loki cross-over, and I love cross-overs! And "Planet Doom" gave me more Doctor Doom, plus a little be of The Punisher, so that made me happy.

    This show reminds of old-school Buffy, Angel, X-Files, Power Rangers, in that "monster of the week" kind of way. So, I can see why it's less favored than previous shows like Spectacular Spider-Man or A:EMH. But Ultimate Spider-Man started building toward a more cohesive continuity, so maybe this show will too.

    In the meantime, this show, while not as good as its predecessor, gives me Hulk, Thor, the rest of the Avengers, cross-overs, Dracula, Doom, and all sorts of goodies. I like it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like it so far. Laura Bailey does a good job of voicing Black Widow.

    The best thing I've seen was Hawkeye doing a CA impression and BW's reaction to it.

    For the upcoming episodes, I hope one of them features an appearance of Deadpool. It'll be even better when Will Friedle voices him again.

  3. #33
    Monsoon is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just mediocre from the writing to the art direction, and can't say it dose anything better than the previous incarnation of the Avengers. It's got pacing problems, the cast is 2 dimensional lacking any depth, plagued with cheap animation, and lacks it's own imagination which hurts it most of all. Avengers Assembles entire point of existence is to bring in the same audience that loved the movie to Disney XD, unfortunately it's just so apparent when watching it. All of the work making them look like their movie counterparts, but without understanding what makes them so great.

  4. #34
    NBM05 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso Torrejon View Post
    I like it so far. Laura Bailey does a good job of voicing Black Widow.

    The best thing I've seen was Hawkeye doing a CA impression and BW's reaction to it.

    For the upcoming episodes, I hope one of them features an appearance of Deadpool. It'll be even better when Will Friedle voices him again.
    I thought Friedle was terrible as Deadpool. Just absolutely horrible. His voice (as guided by the director I'm sure) ruined the Deadpool episode of USM (well, the writing wasn't great either, but I expected to like the episode for Deadpool, but hated Friedle's voice for the character completely. So high pitched and young and with such bad delivery).

    Nolan North was a VASTLY superior Deadpool in every way in my opinion. He was perfect as Deadpool in both Hulk vs Wolverine and the Deadpool game. For me, it wasn't even close and there is no comparison; Nolan North should always be Deadpool, Friedle should be kept away. I'd give both of Nolan's performances a 10 on a 10 point scale; I'd give Friedle's performance a 1.

    That said, I'd love to see Deadpool make an appearance with Nolan North doing the voice.

    As to AA itself; I find it very disappointing so far. The lack of continuity, subplots, progression, or character growth really hurts the show. And while I overall like the character designs, I find the animation cheap, lazy looking, and bland. The action sequences are really hurt by the bad animation--there's not enough fight choreography and too many static shots or random hits or seemingly reused animations. The fights (and the hits) don't seem epic or hard. SSM, AEMHs and JLU all did action much, much better than any of the current Marvel shows.

  5. #35
    firefoxprime's Avatar
    firefoxprime is offline 90s = Golden Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NBM05 View Post

    I thought Friedle was terrible as Deadpool. Just absolutely horrible. His voice (as guided by the director I'm sure) ruined the Deadpool episode of USM (well, the writing wasn't great either, but I expected to like the episode for Deadpool, but hated Friedle's voice for the character completely. So high pitched and young and with such bad delivery).

    Nolan North was a VASTLY superior Deadpool in every way in my opinion. He was perfect as Deadpool in both Hulk vs Wolverine and the Deadpool game. For me, it wasn't even close and there is no comparison; Nolan North should always be Deadpool, Friedle should be kept away. I'd give both of Nolan's performances a 10 on a 10 point scale; I'd give Friedle's performance a 1.

    That said, I'd love to see Deadpool make an appearance with Nolan North doing the voice.

    As to AA itself; I find it very disappointing so far. The lack of continuity, subplots, progression, or character growth really hurts the show. And while I overall like the character designs, I find the animation cheap, lazy looking, and bland. The action sequences are really hurt by the bad animation--there's not enough fight choreography and too many static shots or random hits or seemingly reused animations. The fights (and the hits) don't seem epic or hard. SSM, AEMHs and JLU all did action much, much better than any of the current Marvel shows.
    Which is strange, because doesn't MOI Animation animate Ultimate Spiderman? I believe YJ as well. And they're no slackers.
    Anime currently watching:

    Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

  6. #36
    NBM05 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxprime View Post
    Which is strange, because doesn't MOI Animation animate Ultimate Spiderman? I believe YJ as well. And they're no slackers.
    Huh. The action sequences in YJ were fantastic (it's another show I should have sighted for great action along with SSM, AEMHs and JLU).

    If the same studio is doing Avengers Assemble as did YJ, then the bad action sequences in AA must be the result of behind the scenes decision. The action in YJ is far more epic, coherent and exciting.

  7. #37
    macattack's Avatar
    macattack is online now I see you!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MOI Animation has done some of the USM animation, but they haven't done every single episode. A lot of the episodes have been handled by different Korean studios.

    Avengers Assemble's first few episodes were done by Chinese animation studio. That's right, the animation was initially outsourced to China. That should explain everything. Newer episodes have been animated in Korea by Lotto Animation.

    Hulk and the Agents of SMASH has generally been outsourced to DR. Movie and Dongwoo which are in Korea.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

  8. #38
    spyke is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    912
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NBM05 View Post
    If the same studio is doing Avengers Assemble as did YJ, then the bad action sequences in AA must be the result of behind the scenes decision. The action in YJ is far more epic, coherent and exciting.
    BINGO. You hit the nail right on the head.

  9. #39
    JTMarsh's Avatar
    JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AA is like an 80s show without the awesome intro music. It has a fine voice cast but the writing likes energy and bite. The writers try as hard as they can to channel the 2012 Avengers film but like the many writers who tried to imitate Alan Moore's "Watchmen" they only chip away at the surface without really capturing the heart underneath it.

  10. #40
    Silverbolt's Avatar
    Silverbolt is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had to bow out of this group of Marvel shows, gave them all a fair shot but all they did was irritate me. For Avengers Assemble the main problem I have with it is mainly the characters all feel the same. Different voices but they all seem to have the same personality. There just isn't really anything to the episodes like they dumbed down EMH. Its really the same problem I have with USM and Hulk. I know I'm not the target audience but it is a shame because in the last five or six years they were really bringing it with their shows. SSM, AEMH, and Wolverine XM were some of the best superhero shows that I have seen. I'm hoping that the next lot of shows will be great, but I'm afraid that I might not care enough to give them a chance just because of how distasteful this lot have been.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO