toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Red Arrow :D is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I really liked Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes, Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes and The Incredible Hulk (1996-1997), but the other series were indeed either boring or awful according to me.

DC Comics always had much better cartoons to offer. Not only DCAU, YJ and GL:TAS, but also The Batman and Legion of Super Heroes were awesome. And although I haven't seen much from Teen Titans, it's still much better than anything else from Marvel. (It's actually pretty good if you want a superhero cartoon with a bit of humor in it...)
    Skandinavien, här kommer jag!
    Skandinavia, her kommer jeg!
    Scandinavia, here I come!
    Scandinavië, hier kom ik!

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-bit View Post
    Wow and I thought I was the only one who didn't like Wolverine & the X-Men.
    I didn't like W&TXM either, played out way too much like some really bad fan fiction, wasted a good cast too. Apparently the original idea was a solo-Wolverine show, possibly set before he joined the X-Men, and honestly they should've just stuck with that. They probably could have a done a good Fugitive-style show with Wolverine (in the Richard Kimble role) on the run from Weapon X, stopping every now and then to do a good deed, least it would've spared the other X-Men, specifically Cyclops, being dragged through the mud just to make Wolvie look good.

Anyway, modern Marvel animation currently suffers from being managed by men who seem to think it's still the 1980s when writing was of a lower quality - and somehow they manage to aim lower and achieve even weaker narrative results than what you'll find in series such as GI Joe, Transformers, etc. They seem to believe their target audience is of a lower intellectual capacity and write as if the audience is predisposed to enjoy works of inferior narrative quality. This is why shows like "Avengers Assemble" feels stiff, clunky and about 30 years out of date when compared to the previous series "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes", which featured sharper writing and characterizations.

reflection is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Marvel is trying to drag us back into a pre-BTAS world. And they're succeeding.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Marvel is trying to drag us back into a pre-BTAS world. And they're succeeding.
    Do you mean Batman TAS? I think it's more fitting to compare the new shows to the 90's Iron Man, Fantastic Four and Avengers United They Stand. Batman TAS easily can beat the new Marvel cartoons together.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    Do you mean Batman TAS? I think it's more fitting to compare the new shows to the 90's Iron Man, Fantastic Four and Avengers United They Stand. Batman TAS easily can beat the new Marvel cartoons together.
    No, reflection's saying that they're dragging action animation back to how things were before Batman: TAS was released (aka, before 1991). A bit of a difference.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    No, reflection's saying that they're dragging action animation back to how things were before Batman: TAS was released (aka, before 1991). A bit of a difference.
    Doesn't sound like such a bad thing. B:TAS isn't the be all end all measuring stick of cartoons. A lot of shows that were on before were good.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

btgr is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If there is something you don't like: "Turn the TV off".

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by btgr View Post
    You're missing the point of this discussion, it's not about "you don't like, change the channel" it's about how Marvel Animation doesn't have a good stream when it comes on doing cartoons, some came out good but the majority have came out bad to worst where they seem to go backwards instead of moving forward.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by btgr View Post
    The point of boards like these is to discuss shows, good and bad, not to fart rainbows about substandard shows.

btgr is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    You're missing the point of this discussion, it's not about "you don't like, change the channel" it's about how Marvel Animation doesn't have a good stream when it comes on doing cartoons, some came out good but the majority have came out bad to worst where they seem to go backwards instead of moving forward.
    Look, don't talk to me alright. None of your previous views will ever change my opinions and I'm really not in the mood today.