toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    If they're travelling around trying to find other trapped heroes I wonder who we'll get to see.

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Ha. Remember that Avengers Assemble and Agents of SMASH have a token female character IN THE ENTIRE SHOW (and Black Widow doesn't even show up in all of the episodes in AA!). Ultimate Spider-Man has come really close to that in its 2nd season as well outside of sporadic, increasingly rare appearances by Mary Jane and Aunt May. Toei probably had to fight tooth and nail to get the Wasp and one more girl in the show.
    Sad, really.

Plus, I am sure Loki has minions and at least one or two of them will probably be female, and, if it's like most toyetic anime, the girl on the bad guy side will eventually betray the bad guys and join the heroes.
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, if you want an enlarged version of the picture, TZ has one.

The teens have a Pokemon vibe to them design-wise. The Avengers, by contrast, seem to reflect various series Toei's worked on. Wasp in particular seems to have a bit of Android 18 in her face, and Hulk has a Fist of the North Star look about him.
    Iron Man, Hulk and Spidey look fine, Wasp looks very cute (with what appears to be a streak of Rogue's white hair), Cap looks like he's going for an almost Nolanized version of his costume and Thor's looking like a hammer wielding version of Gourry Gabriev from Slayers. No real opinion on the kids who all looked like they escaped from Digimon.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think the idea that the kids match up to individual heroes is very likely from their outfits and their poses. I also think that it is probable that the token girl would match up to the token girl superhero because the image overall makes it look like the show would use those predictably gendered roles. The boy characters are all in "action" poses while the girl character is in a "cute falling or bouncing pose."
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

ILDC is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sound okay as long as Jeph Loeb stays away.

Hypestyle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hopefully it is successful and has some spinoff series made.
    With Great Power also comes a Great Responsibility...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know who is directing?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Does anyone know who is directing?
    I do not believe this information has been release yet. Pre-production is probably just beginning. I can't tell who the character designer is based on the key visual released so far, but if that's drawn by the Character Designer and Chief Animation Supervisor of the series I am going to guess a Series Director has also been selected.

By the time we hit January the first episode should be in production, so I'll keep an eye on Shida Naotoshi's Twitter to see if he was able to provide any cuts to the first episode or Opening.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    These are cartoons for Japanese kids, they exist solely to sell merchandise.
    Clearly, this is a marketing attempt ploy - but that doesn't mean that the episodes might not be superficially enjoyable. Just don't expect too much.

TheMadSlasher is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, so its Avengers Pokemon.

This could be either hilariously terrible or just flat out weird.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just noticed the kid in red has a 1962 sweatshirt on. The year Spidey debuted. That's a cute little nod.