toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I didn't say Loeb or Marvel Studios would have any direct impact - just that they've re-taught me the lesson taught by early Marvel films and the unfortunate AVENGERS: UNITED THEY STAND animated series...

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A bit so so, not too sure with Captain America costume and Hulk's bart simpson hairdo what's that about. Wasp could have been better in my opinion. Still not that wow on the whole pokemon/digimon or whatever they are planning to do.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmmm so if they're using a wider range of characters beyond just the five I wonder who we might see.

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nifty promo, though Cap's costume looks pretty weird; I'm guessing they're trying to make him more "toyetic" looking. I'm curious to see how this will play out. Can't be worse than the Hulk/Iron Man "Heroes United" feature.

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Thor and Wasp. Cap and Iron Man are okay. I'm not really feeling Hulk. Spidey... well, he and Iron Man pretty much look how you'd expect them to I guess .

I really can't wait to see the voice cast for this, both for Japan and the eventual English dub .

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Thor and Wasp. Cap and Iron Man are okay. I'm not really feeling Hulk. Spidey... well, he and Iron Man pretty much look how you'd expect them to I guess .

I really can't wait to see the voice cast for this, both for Japan and the eventual English dub .
    I'm inclined to think that Thor, Cap, Iron Man and Spidey will be voiced by their current AA/USM/Loeb regime voice actors - Travis Willingham, Roger Craig Smith, Adrian Pasdar and Drake Bell, respectively, with default Hulk voice actor Fred Tatasciore as old jade jaws. Wasp I don't know, but it would be cool if they could bring back her EMH voice actress Colleen O'Shaughnessey.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMarsh View Post
    I'm inclined to think that Thor, Cap, Iron Man and Spidey will be voiced by their current AA/USM/Loeb regime voice actors - Travis Willingham, Roger Craig Smith, Adrian Pasdar and Drake Bell, respectively, with default Hulk voice actor Fred Tatasciore as old jade jaws. Wasp I don't know, but it would be cool if they could bring back her EMH voice actress Colleen O'Shaughnessey.
    It helps that Travis Willingham (too many roles to count), Roger Craig Smith (Shinji in Bleach, Deidara in Naruto Shippuden), Adrian Pasdar (Tony Stark in the Iron Man anime), and Fred Tatasciore (Kakuzu in Naruto Shippuden, Beast in the X-Men anime) all have anime dubbing experience at this point. So does Colleen O'Shaughnessey (Sora in Digimon, Ino in Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, Nel in Bleach) for that matter.

Drake Bell will likely struggle if they have him dub Spider-Man (the same way Adrian Pasdar struggled to dub Tony), tho if Spidey is almost always hidden behind a mask maybe it won't be as much of a problem. If they want a guy with anime dub experience AND Spidey experience, there's Sam Riegel, who's voiced Spidey for the first ASM game and he has a huge backlog of anime dub experience as well.

But . . . yeah, the Loeb-regime VAs have anime dubbing experience so it would make sense to cast them. It also makes sense for O'Slaughnessey to retain Wasp as she also has anime dubbing experience, but if they don't retain her, there's other VAs that can fit Wasp's vocal range who also have anime dubbing experience. Hopefully they don't try to cast some "name" VA kids aren't going to care about in the part who'll struggle in dubbing.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Toei will probably hire whoever usually voices the characters in film or cartoon dubs. Fujiwara Keiji is no stranger to Iron Man at this point, having voice versions of him in the Madhouse projects. Apparently Nakamura Yuu'ichi voices Captain America in dubs, so that's another name down. My Google Fu can't dig up anyone else who has dubbed for previous American productions.

I suppose we could always play 'pick an actor based on their voice demo' for who we'd like to see voice who.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So could anyone make out who was on the disks in the toy segment? I think I could see the Lizard and the Fixer.

Webbed-Wonder is offline Still thwipping!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    So could anyone make out who was on the disks in the toy segment? I think I could see the Lizard and the Fixer.
    Ok. Green Goblin, Loki, Venom, Absorbing Man, Death Adder (not Lizard). Fixer, and there's two guys I couldn't make out. A red guy and somebody looking like the Mandarin. The Green Goblin looks cool!
    "So you don't like names, huh? Well, that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me, you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon, with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hadn't noticed it before but Comicsalliance pointed out War Machine could be seen as well. That's cool.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ChibiGoku is offline Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, full staff and cast listing was announced, via TV Tokyo's website. I'll try and get a translation asap, but what is throwing me off is the Series Writer and Music Production (King Ryuu (Liu?) and Studio Kitchen respectfully), neither which I can find information on.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anime News Network has the staff listed. I'm completely unfamiliar with the cast. The only staff name I recognize is Yamamuro Tadayoshi as Character Designer and what I assume will be Chief Animation Supervisor. Yamamuro Tadayoshi is a former Shindou Pro animator who rose to recognition for his work on Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT. Yamamuro eventually became the animation supervisor for Shindou Pro episodes beginning with Dragon Ball Z episode #122. As such his hand quickly began being felt on the series. When Maeda Minoru stopped providing the character designs for Dragon Ball Z movies Yamamuro took over with the eighth film. Yamamuro is currently the character designer for all Dragon Ball animated projects since the end of the Dragon Ball GT TV series.

Too bad this isn't airing on Fuji, now we'll never get a Dragon Ball crossover! I wonder how busy he will be kept with as character designer and chief animation supervisor. It'd be cool if he could provide action cuts for this series.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, unlike most of the MADhouse Marvel anime, we actually have a director who has been in the business, also being series director of some Pretty Cure and Ultimate Muscle anime. And some of the animators have worked on big shows like Dragon Ball (as Jacob mentioned), Pretty Cure, One Piece, Toriko, and Beet: The Vandel Buster.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh wow, Komura Toshi'aki was Series Director of Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! I hope he can ask Ootsuka Takashi to act as an episode director and Tanaka Hironori to return. Tanaka's work on episode #4 of Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! is perhaps the finest work in a Toei Animation animated series.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    T.M. Revolution will provide the Opening and Ending themes. Oh my God. This can't get any better.

T.M. Revolution provided the theme song for the fourth Bleach film, Hell Verse.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it kinda makes sense given that TM is a massive comic book geek IIRC. Didn't he do the Japanese theme song for Spider-Man 2 or 3?

Edit: It was Spidey 2

Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Marvel quite a bit and enjoyed their anime programs from a couple years back, so I will give this new series a shot when they dub it. I want more superhero anime to come out should this prove popular, I've always felt it was an untapped market.
    Twitter - @Bslythegamerguy
    Blog - http://BslyDarkSky.blogspot.com UPDATE - 3/17/14 a NES review of RYGAR.

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    T.M. Revolution will provide the Opening and Ending themes. Oh my God. This can't get any better.
    T.M. Revolution on opening and ending? Nice .

The the voice cast has also finally been revealed and... the only ones I could recognize by name were the voice actresses for Wasp and the main kid .

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast