toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll

1 11.11%
  • ****1/2

1 11.11%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

2 22.22%

2 22.22%
  • **1/2

1 11.11%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

2 22.22%

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Just watched this episode and man did the animation suck, as did the plot itself. I just wish this show could be as mature as Beware the Batman and LoK those are both for kids and seem to be able to keep it entertaining for a wide audience just wish Marvel had something animated that has more complex storytelling like some fans want.

Infinite-bit is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well so much for Thor's Asgardian physiology negating or resisting the effects of gamma radiation. Also I've noticed that Black Widow's hazmat suit looked a lot like Jenny Takeda's containment suit from "Avengers Academy/Arena".

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-bit View Post
    Well so much for Thor's Asgardian physiology negating or resisting the effects of gamma radiation. Also I've noticed that Black Widow's hazmat suit looked a lot like Jenny Takeda's containment suit from "Avengers Academy/Arena".
    Yeah. As if previous episodes did not confirm this, this firmly establishes the show as being outside of AEMH continuity. Now we can finally let the argument rest.

I guess I'm supposed to be glad that Banner at least got mentioned but the writing basically confirmed that Banner's been permanently transformed into the Hulk. It's too bad, this episode would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce Banner but it didn't happen.

There was also a bit of a plot hole. If there was a gamma virus going around, one that got Thor infected, why didn't Black Widow get infected in the final battle (which would have made things less predictable and more interesting)? Or any of the passersby? (At least there WERE passersby, off-topic)

The animation was not good in this episode. A LOT of clear, obvious cut corners everywhere.

Also, the "casual danger dialogue" in the opening scene bothered me. Nick Fury and Natasha are outnumbered and outgunned by a big bunch of AIM goons and yet they practically stop and have a conversation while kicking the AIM goons' asses. I'm sorry, there was just so much wrong about that scene that I can't ignore it.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

dr_marvel2040 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hope the show will improve n the next episoides,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i was looking to see any gamma villan helping the skull n this episoide,,,,,,,i will be disappointed if they r not gonna bring villan teams like the revengers,aquadrone supremes,new masters of evil.........and if they bring loki why not ultron or kang????and what happen with loki ????????

Roxas_Sora is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw the episode, and I have to admit, it was really good!! Just a few things that called my attention about all this:

+ Back in "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes", episode "Gamma World", the Leader unleashed a chemical gas that turned every human being (and some members of the Avengers) into Hulk's alikes. However, Thor was unaffected by it because, according to him, man's science can't affect an ancient God. And yet, in this episode, Thor was affected by the gamma virus and turned into a Hulk version of himself. Can somebody explain this to me, please?

+ The anti-radiation suit that Black Widow were using to protect herself from the virus. Anybody else noticed that it looked very much like the used by the character Hazmat?

+ It was fun to see Hulk facing himself from the Avenger's point of view. Now he can understand a little why people turns rude with him. By the way, with the Hulk dealing with a group of his "duplicates", do you think this episode is also some kind of preview for "Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H."?

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas_Sora View Post
    I saw the episode, and I have to admit, it was really good!! Just a few things that called my attention about all this:

+ Back in "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes", episode "Gamma World", the Leader unleashed a chemical gas that turned every human being (and some members of the Avengers) into Hulk's alikes. However, Thor was unaffected by it because, according to him, man's science can't affect an ancient God. And yet, in this episode, Thor was affected by the gamma virus and turned into a Hulk version of himself. Can somebody explain this to me, please?
    The two series are not connected. Done )

Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched Marvel Universe with my cousin on Sunday, and we pretty much spent the whole time comparing this to Gamma World. It just felt as though this situation was handled in the most uninteresting and unappealing way possible. The lazy Hulked Out designs certainly didn't help either. Widow's stealth suit was pretty awful as well, though it might have been due to the generally awful coloring on this show after the pilot. I like the idea of the Hulk and Widow team-up but they could have done so much better. Was it just me or was the opening mission the most active that we've seen the post-EMH Fury ?
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Infinite-bit is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas_Sora View Post

+ The anti-radiation suit that Black Widow were using to protect herself from the virus. Anybody else noticed that it looked very much like the used by the character Hazmat?

Yes I've noticed it too only with a yellow & red color scheme instead of yellow & black like Hazmat's suit.

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could not help but compare this to "Gamma World" from Avengers EMH and point out the deficiencies this episode had, considering the similar concepts. If I ruin anyone's enjoyment I apologize.

1. There was actual tension in Gamma World, in BOTH episodes. Part 1 had a horror-ish vibe and Part 2 was straight-up action/conspiracy with a slight macabre atmosphere. The only comedy was a few intentionally awkward one-liners, mostly from Wasp. In here, it was played mostly for laughs. I admit I smiled at the "PIZZA BAGELS!" running gag once but none of the rest of the jokes worked for me and they only derailed some of the more serious moments like Hulk telling everyone that "everything is an egg". What the humor did was erase any semblance of tension that made the Gamma World episodes work so well and would have made this episode better.

2. The animation in EMH was frankly better, especially in the shading. Compare the opening scene of Gamma World part 1 to any scene in this. The coloring, the shading, the fluidity, it's all significantly better in the Gamma World episodes.

3. There were multiple plot holes in Hulked Out Heroes. If there indeed was a "gamma flu" going around, why didn't any of the passersby get infected, potentially causing a Prototype or inFAMOUS-esque type of situation (which would make for one hell of a story)? Or Black Widow in the concluding battle, which would have caused a lot of tension as she would have struggled not to lose control while curing the others. It would have also have painted Widow in a more heroic light if she put curing the others ahead of herself. After all, this episode intended to do that for Widow to a degree. The Gamma World episodes mostly managed to avoid plot holes (there's the question of Hulk and Hawkeye charging from Canada to the Mojave Desert in time to stop The Leader, admittedly). Plus there at least was an excuse for Hawkeye not getting infected (inoculation is a bit of a cop-out but at least it's an explanation).

4. The designs in Hulked-Out Heroes are LAZY. There's no real variation among the characters. They just turn into green copies of the Hulk. Gamma World mixed things up with the designs at least, some turning into Hulk-like behemoths, others into more horrifying creatures, and not all of them are green.

5. The music in Gamma World tends to lurk in the background or even turn silent in some areas to raise the tension, saving the orchestral bursts only when the action gets underway. Much like USM, the music in Avengers Assemble never shuts off which is a major detriment on occasion.

6. BANNER. I've gone on and on about why Avengers Assemble's obsession with ignoring Banner is ultimately a bad thing. This episode would have been a golden opportunity to have Banner appear and have him help in the general situation, and expand on the themes the episode wanted to explore. It was all wasted, and the passing mention of Banner doesn't really help as Banner seems to be referred to in the "past" tense, which means he's gone. Gamma World Part 2 did utilize Banner, and Banner's genius came up with the cure to stop the Leader's plan, even though the Hulk (who is about as smart as the AA Hulk) arguably played a bigger role in actually stopping the threat.

7. Say what you will of AEMH's turning Wasp into a hideous-looking hornet creature, but AEMH never made the colossal, raw stupidity of Thor being turned into a Hulk. Asgardians are not affected by gamma radiation . . . well, at least not until that rather Amazons Attack-level of atrocity that was the comic book version of Hulked Out Heroes. Not to mention Tony hulking out of his armor. The armor should have burst into a zillion pieces, not rip apart like clothing. IT WOULDN'T WORK THAT WAY.

I'm done. I could go on but I've been writing this for 20 minutes. That's long enough.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Maxwell Cohen is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While Avengers Assemble is inferior to Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it certainly is the most tolerable of Marvel's Cinematic Animated shows, and if you want to see the Avengers in action via animation, this is the current way to do so unless you have Netflix.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast