toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Rocknroll is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic Four 1967 cartoon series soundtrack

Like This Thread!

Does anyone know where I can get the 1967 Fantastic Four cartoon series soundtrack? I have heard it exists somewhere. Thanks.
    Last edited by Rocknroll; 10-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably in a music archive. I doubt they composed music specifically for the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're right. I doubt they composed the music specifically for the show, but word has it that someone compiled all the music from the show and released it on the internet as the soundtrack to the 1967 Fantastic Four show. I just can't seem to find it. I know this would be the place to go to locate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The internet is a place of filth and lies. Where'd you get your tip that it existed?

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some of the tracks of the 1967 F4 show was probably be re-used in other HB cartoons of the same era like Mighty Mightor, Space Ghost, Young Samson, Birdman, Adventures of Gulliver...

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stephane's right. H-B recycled the same music cues for their adventure shows---all of them----between 1966-70, and that includes usage on Scooby-Doo & Josie & the Pussycats. As far as a supposed soundtrack, which our newcomer seems to think might be tied to a 30th anniversary of the series or something, I've heard absolutely zilch about it over the last 16 years. I'd say he's having a fever dream or something.

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it was some sort of limited edition released in some overseas markets (UK, Australia, France, South America,etc...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, from what this person told me, it sounds like it was just something someone on the internet threw together and called The 1967 Fantastic Four Cartoon Soundtrack or something. That music was definitely not made for that show. I think someone just made a compilation of the music for the internet and that it was never for sale.

I'll try to get him to post here and explain more..........

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please do.

Gov'nah is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey guys, yes it's true i did download a soundtrack labeled fantastic four 1967 soundtrack about 4 or 5 plus years ago but i noticed while watching other cartoons by HB over these past few years such as "Space Ghost" and I wanna say "Thundar" I've noticed a few similar music cues. As fare as finding the music cues good luck. It's honestly easier to find the 67 spiderman music cues as fare a Marvel shows from back then. All i know is that KPM records produced 67 FF and im pretty sure most of HB's cartoons. Their music archive is pretty big so ill keep searching but if anyone on the face of the earth can hand me any legit info on where to find it, LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

on another note sup guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where is the KPM archived that you're searching? I'd like to check it out.

Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of the background music was stuff you'd hear on the other late 60s H-B action shows (Birdman, Space Ghost, Mightor, Shazzan, etc) but I keep thinking that there was at least one other small bit of music, besides the theme, that was original to the show. It was sort of a riff on the theme but it played during some suspenseful moments.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know that one piece of the FF music was used in an episode of Superfriends also.