toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Greg91 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    Perhaps if they release something other than the crap episodes from the tedious and trite series that are currently being produced (USM, AA, and Hulk/SMASH), there might be some more enthusiasm here, but I won't buy the DVDs of shows that are utter crap, whether it supports somehow "future releases of Marvel's animated series" - right now, they could cancel all three series and never release another DVD of them and mostly you'd get cheers here.
    I haven't seen Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. myself; I just wanted to let everyone know about the DVD. I would personal like to see Spider-Man The Animated Series on DVD, but I think Disney is worried that no one will buy it. I should be seeing Hulk Agents S.M.A.S.H. this Friday, so I can finally judge it for myself. I'm frustrated with Marvel's current shows too. I'm usually lenient with the shows, but lately, I have been really unimpressed with both USM and MAA.

Also, I'm wondering if you think Iron Man/Captain America: Heroes United will be better than Iron Man/Hulk: Heroes United in the writing/story department.

Thanks for the comments. I understand what you're saying.

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Moebius View Post
    Any news about season 2 dvd volumes of Ultimate Spider-man coming out soon? Europe? US?
    Considering Disney still hasn't released a set of the episodes that the previous DVD skipped over, I wonder if this show sold worse than expected on home video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsneybuf View Post
    Considering Disney still hasn't released a set of the episodes that the previous DVD skipped over, I wonder if this show sold worse than expected on home video.
    I wouldn't be surprised. The entire show is available on Netflix, which I'm sure parents prefer than buying a fifteen dollar DVD.

That's why Nickelodeon yanked all of its shows off Netlix a few years back - I think it hurt ratings and DVD sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I remember correctly, the DVD came out about one and a half months after the show became available on Netflix. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, on the other hand, came to DVD a little over a month before first appearing on Netflix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm...well here in Holland they released 4 volumes of the Ultimate Spider-man show, containing all episodes of season 1! Hope they do the same for season 2!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do the DVDs in Holland play the episodes in order? I read that the American release plays them out of order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do the DVDs in Holland play the episodes in order? I read that the American release plays them out of order.
    Nope. The dvd are theme based collections. But across the four volumes you do get ALL season 1 episodes.

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first season of Ultimate Spider-Man was released over four DVDs by Beyond Home Entertainment in Australia too. Followed by a Ultimate-Man season 1 steelbook which includes the previous four DVDs. It looks like the episodes are only slightly out of order (one episode), judging by the back covers at Devoted DVD.

There might be better DVD releases of more recent Marvel cartoon series in Australia in future, the latest two series (Avengers Assemble, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.) still have not been shown on TV in Australia yet.

Greg91 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was wondering, if Disney released a 'Best Of' DVD set featuring fan-favorite episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (great or better than average episodes), would anyone get this? (Note: I didn't include EMH, because Disney will probably want to promote the new shows).

By the way, I have seen Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. finally and...I will wait to see a few more episodes before deciding how I feel about the show, and why I now understand everyone's disinterest in a DVD set. Speaking of such, I don't know if the DVD is still coming out (not that anyone here seems to care, but still). Amazon.com set a date of January 1, 2037 meanwhile Amazon.ca still has February 11, 2014. I don't know.

Last thing, from what I've heard, no more Ultimate Spider-Man DVD sets seem to be in-the-works. Sorry season 2 fans. Bad sales for the Avenging Spider-Man set, perhaps?

Webbed-Wonder is offline Still thwipping!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really wish Disney would release some of the older Marvel cartoons on DVD soon, I'm not sure what the reasons are for always sitting on this stuff. They have these properties that are huge moneymakers and they have these unreleased things in their library they could be getting more out of it with. It's weird, a while ago they took off just about every episode of the 90s Spidey show that was on YouTube off of there on copyright claims and it made me think that maybe that meant they were finally going to release something since they cared so much to do that. Eh, guess not in that way.
    "So you don't like names, huh? Well, that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me, you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon, with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!"