toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Greg91 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Could the new Marvel direct-to-DVD movies include any connections to the Lionsgate films (Next Avengers 2, World War Hulk)? If Marvel called in the same guys who made Hulk Vs. and Planet Hulk, we could see some epic stuff (without someone altering the final product). Who wouldn't want to see an awesome animated Captain America or Daredevil movie? Just thinking about the opening fight in Ultimate Avengers 2 excites me for an animated Cap movie (traditional animation - Film Roman preferably).

Also, do you want Disney to put some more effort into the extras on the Marvel animated DVDs similar to DC with commentaries, featurettes, and bonus episodes?

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would. My TGWTG blog even has an often-updated list of potential bonus features for a hypothetical, currently-10-disc American Blu-Ray of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes:
    "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray Wish List - Blogs

The undubbed Spider-Man guest spots would be reason enough for me to buy the show all over again.

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A boxset of The Spectacular Spider-Man season 1 is been released in Germany, Italy and the UK in April 2014 according to Amazon web sites. It looks like it is just a bundle of the previous four DVD volumes.

Even more interesting, is The Spectacular Spider-Man season 1 is been released on Blu-Ray in Italy in May 2014, according to Amazon (Italy). No language details so far, but hopefully multiple languages will be included.

Pepperidge is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    A boxset of The Spectacular Spider-Man season 1 is been released in Germany, Italy and the UK in April 2014 according to Amazon web sites. It looks like it is just a bundle of the previous four DVD volumes.

Even more interesting, is The Spectacular Spider-Man season 1 is been released on Blu-Ray in Italy in May 2014, according to Amazon (Italy). No language details so far, but hopefully multiple languages will be included.
    WHAT? Gotta look into this.

EDIT: Yep. Can't tell if it's season 1 or just volume 1: http://www.amazon.it/Spectacular-Spi...lar+spider-man
    SITTING on an ATOMIC BOMB - It's just how I feel sometimes.

The best Spectacular Spider-Man tumblr ever: GOOP IN MY HAIR

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperidge View Post
    Can't tell if it's season 1 or just volume 1: http://www.amazon.it/Spectacular-Spi...lar+spider-man
    It is all 13 episodes of season 1, judging by the listed run time of 286 minutes. Hopefully more details and the back cover art will be added, when it is released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. Hope it gets a Region 1 release (though I sincerely doubt it).

Greg91 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Spectacular Spider-Man season one was already released. Unless you're talking about a Blu-ray release. I don't see that happening.

I'm looking forward to a Spider-Man The Animated Series DVD set with more than a handful of episodes. The release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 may be the best bet at this moment to get at least season one on DVD. Hopefully Disney will see the potential of the show on DVD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm talking about the Blu-Ray. I own all the DVDs, but I've seen a little bit of the show on Vortexx, and it looks beautiful in HD.

r0derix is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazon has a listing for a Season 1 and 2 Blu-Ray release for Spectacular Spider-man. No picture, but it says 590 minutes (which would be all 26 episodes) and release date April 22.

Greg91 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. I'm speechless. Is this really happening? I mean, I just can't believe this. Season one and two together on Blu-ray. The only thing that could make this better are some in-depth extras.

Here's hoping Spider-Man The Animated Series joins the party. Thank-you Sony if this releases. Disney, that's your cue to get your act together, and release the 1994 series already. The complete series similar to the X-Men volumes (preferably with some extras).

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r0derix View Post
    Amazon has a listing for a Season 1 and 2 Blu-Ray release for Spectacular Spider-man. No picture, but it says 590 minutes (which would be all 26 episodes) and release date April 22.
    Good to hear the complete series will be released on Blu-Ray in the USA too. Australia & Europe frequently get split volumes, compared to the USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, that'd be great if the listing is correct.

joltman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Spectacular Spider-Man on Blu-ray!

I just came across this link on Amazon that says a Blu-ray will be coming out featuring both seasons of The Spectacular Spider-Man on April 22!

MichChrisIp is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw that too! Really really awesome!
    Have not seen a single episode of the show, but I've heard some very good things about it, so I have to get this!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Given the series has been airing on Vortexx, the timing seems ripe. While the box image isn't shown, the fact that Sony is attached to it seems to confirm it to be official.

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was prowling Blu-Ray.com for more news about Spectacular Spidey, and someone apparently found a cover and an extras list on Sony's press website:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&stream_ref=10
    Personally, since I already have all the episodes on DVD, I would consider buying this set only if the actual bonus features prove mightier than that list makes them seem.

Beemo is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spectacular Spider-Man coming to Blu-Ray

Spectacular Spider-Man: Comp First & Second Season Blu-ray Disc - Best Buy

I know there's going to be lots of folks here who will be very happy indeed.

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At some point, I needed money, and I decided to sell my DVDs for the simple fact that the whole series ended on a cliffhanger. I'm rather tempted to get this, although I probably won't. Anyway I'm glad it's getting the Blu-ray treatment, as well as getting released as a complete series set.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the DVD set of the first season, and have been waiting a long time for one of the second to come out. At a certain point, I nearly considered just getting all the singles of it, which you can usually find one or two, if not all four, for $5 at Target here and there, but it looks like I won't have to. I don't even necessarily like getting TV shows on Blu-Ray, since I don't have a player in my room, but I have to make an exception here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those featuerttes the same one from the first season set?

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Spectacular Spider-Man - The Complete Series (aka The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete First and Second Season) arrives on Blu-ray April 22nd, 2014 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The studio has provided the initial information below for the four-disc collection, with more details to follow according to the studio. Please note the details below are subject to change as more official information is released by the studio.

Technical Information
    Runtime: 590 Minutes
    Screen Format(s): Anamorphic
    Languages: English 5.1, French (Parisian) 5.1, Spanish (Latin Am) 5.1, Italian 5.1, Portuguese (Brazil) 5.1
    Subtitles: English (UK), English (US), French (Parisian), Spanish (Latin Am), Italian, Portuguese (Brazil)
    Aspect Ratio: 1.78
    Discs: 4

Special Features
    -Featurettes
    -Stylizing Spidey
    -Spider-Man: Re-Animated
    -The Spectacular Spider-Man Music Video

Short Synopsis: This adventure finds our hero tackling more Super Villains both old and new, including Chameleon, Venom and the Sinister Six: Electro, Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Sandman, Rhino and Shocker. While these criminals are almost more than Spidey can handle, his real struggle becomes an internal one. The stress is enough to drive a high school Super Hero over the edge, but making mistakes and learning lessons is all in a days work for the Spectacular Spider-Man!

Surprisingly, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment still has a listing for The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Second Season on DVD, but nothing beyond a name at this point.

The Spectacular Spider-Man - The Complete Series arrives on Blu-ray April 22nd, 2014 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast