toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I like both Banner and Hulk, and when used correctly I think they're both good characters that are at their most effective when paired together.

Though I honestly miss Banner's presence in S.M.A.S.H., an actual Hulk show, much more than I do in Assemble.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsneybuf View Post
    For what it's worth, the high number of armor-less scenes in Iron Man 3 formed one of the most frequent complaints I read people make about that movie.
    You have to remember message boards aren't necessarily indicative of the actual response to the movie. Hence the massive fan hate vs. the billion dollar gross and good audience scores for the movie.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Could've fooled me. "Big dumb guy who does nothing but scream and punch stuff" has gotten boring very fast. Even in the 70's show, the dramatic thrust was on Banner's attempts to cure himself . An hour of Hulk punching people gets old very quickly.
    Banner curing himself was a mistake. Hulk is is not a disease. He's a hero. Hulk is more than just a tank. The animated shows actually developed Hulk as a character and showed him interacting and befriending the team outside of the fights. Doesn't seem to get old at all to me when they have Hulk doing things other than just fighting.

The Hulk movies could've done a lot more with the character than essentially just make him a sideshow attraction.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    However, MOA has taken the easy, lazy way out and are just ignoring Banner. But taking the easy, lazy way out results in mediocrity at best, which is all that Avengers Assemble has managed so far IMO. We're 12 episodes in and there has yet to be a truly great or even decent episode so far, and there's been hardly any buildup in any of the recurring instances that I suppose pass as "story arcs".
    I don't think the show's all that great either, but I think the Dracula episode was at least decent, the Hyperion episode was good and I really liked Cap in the Super-Adaptoid episode. Quick question for you, since you don't think there's at least one decent episode in the 12 you've seen, why are you still watching?

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Hulk is a more interesting character and fun character than Banner and it's something the movies should pursue more as well. It's also something they have not done enough of.
    I agree, especially if it is the angry/grumpy intelligent Gravage Hulk who can hold a conversation with other characters on screen. If the huge box office success of the movie AVATAR has taught us anything, it's that moviegoers are willing to pay to see a movie that dedicates most of the screen time to focusing on large talking CGI "creatures".

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I don't think the show's all that great either, but I think the Dracula episode was at least decent, the Hyperion episode was good and I really liked Cap in the Super-Adaptoid episode. Quick question for you, since you don't think there's at least one decent episode in the 12 you've seen, why are you still watching?
    I don't believe in complaining about shows I don't watch.

I thought that episodes 6-8, in other words Super-Adaptoid, Hyperion, and Molecule Kid, were okay. They gave me some mild hope for the series, even though I had issues with all three episodes. However, the last four episodes have been getting increasingly worse, culminating in the "Impossible Man" episode which was an atrocity.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, but it was BOTH aspects of the Hulk that were well-received. Arguably Banner was better received than even the Hulk was, and this show is ignoring Banner (and considering Banner's only reference was in the past tense it probably means he's ceased to exist in this continuity).
    Hasn't it been confirmed that we are seeing Banner this season?

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Hasn't it been confirmed that we are seeing Banner this season?
    Fred Tatasciore confirmed he was voicing Banner, but he did not say for what show IIRC.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think part of the reason why they didn't use Banner that much in EMH is because his voice actor was a live-action TV star (Gabriel Mann is Nolan Ross on the ABC drama Revenge) and his schedule wouldn't allow for many regular appearances on EMH. However, as I mentioned elsewhere, Fred Tatasciore is more than capable of voicing Bruce Banner himself so there's really no excuse for not featuring Banner just because of a voice/cost issue.
    That's a shame. I really liked the idea of Hulk and Banner being able to talk to each other and cooperate. It gave a reason why he was the Hulk full-time but also had the opportunity to have Banner show up every now and again.

I can understand that an Avengers cartoon focuses on them as heroes, but in EMH we still got to see them outside of the team. Stark running his company, Thor at Asgard, Cap getting his bike, etc, so a little time with Hulk and Banner would've added to both their characters. I don't know if they're doing any out of costume stuff in AA, if so them this might be mute.
    The Reaf Debrief My site for my reviews and articles of comics, cartoons, and riffing on nostalgia.
    Currently up:
    Avatar The Legend of Korra Book 3 Review: Episodes 1 – 3

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't believe in complaining about shows I don't watch.
    Fair enough, but if you don't like the show why bother watching and complaining? Just stop watching.

I thought that episodes 6-8, in other words Super-Adaptoid, Hyperion, and Molecule Kid, were okay. They gave me some mild hope for the series, even though I had issues with all three episodes. However, the last four episodes have been getting increasingly worse, culminating in the "Impossible Man" episode which was an atrocity.
    I've only seen one of the last 4 and if they're worse than the Attuma episode I don't really have any motivation to keep watching. It sucks that Marvel is able to get 3 cartoons on the air all with really good character designs and not bad action scenes, but story wise are all just mediocre.