toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    I think its halfway between, actually - there is a list of characters they cannot use, and perhaps a list of characters they may not use, and then a wide list of optional characters, and probably a list of characters that the regime would prefer they use (for example, near the CAII movie, they might want to focus on Batroc, Crossbones, or the Winter Soldier to pre-market the film).

None of this is nefarious (no relation, probably) - this is common business practice. Some titles Marvel doesn't own, some they do, some they have plans for - and the episodes are a finite resource (in that they only have so many per season to spend). You sure don't advertise someone else's movie if you aren't being paid, and you don't work new Avengers into the series which aren't going to be properties in the near term.
    Avengers Assemble is clearly to be the Avengers product line between movies. That's why they look so much like the movies, why Falcon is on the team since they knew he was their next new movie hero, to just keep the merch line running. So there is a conscious choice to emphasise their movies, which in turn means they don't want to emphasise other companies’ movies.
    The Reaf Debrief My site for my reviews and articles of comics, cartoons, and riffing on nostalgia.
    Currently up:
    Captain America: Winter Soldier Review
    Repercussions of Captain America: Winter Soldier

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Correct. Here is another example - an article on the forthcoming stuff in the FB game "Avengers Alliance":

Marvel Avengers Alliance: Upcoming Events, Hero And Contents At A Glimpse - Avengers Alliance Guide

Note that almost all the forthcoming Special Ops or alt costumes are MCU based, and meant to promote Guardians of the Galaxy, CA:The Winter Soldier, and Avengers 2.

Greg91 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    I think its halfway between, actually - there is a list of characters they cannot use, and perhaps a list of characters they may not use, and then a wide list of optional characters, and probably a list of characters that the regime would prefer they use (for example, near the CAII movie, they might want to focus on Batroc, Crossbones, or the Winter Soldier to pre-market the film).
    In a previous interview, Man of Action explained that they could only use villains from the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films in season one of Ultimate Spider-Man. That's why we only saw the Goblin, Venom, Sandman, and Dr. Octopus. In terms of the Beetle, he was also an Iron Man foe, so I guess they got past that issue. In season two, they seemed to work it out. Anyways, I don't quite know which characters still aren't available on TV. It seems that the rights are connected to TV and movies, rather than animation and live-action. For example, Wolverine only appeared in Hulk Vs. Wolverine because it was a short adventure, and therefore not considered a full movie. This explains why Silver Surfer wasn't in Planet Hulk (it was a full-length movie). So sadly the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and Spider-Man probably wouldn't be appearing in any animated films unless they pull another Hulk Vs. Wolverine move.
    Last edited by Greg91; 03-29-2014 at 11:20 PM.

strugler is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney XD has released titles and descriptions for the Avengers Assemble episodes that will premiere this coming April:

Sunday, April 06
    Marvel’s Avengers Assemble “Guardians and Space Knights”
    (8:00 AM – 8:30 AM ET/PT)
    When Galactus attacks Earth, Iron Man is able to lead him to another planet but discovers that it is populated and under the protection of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Billy West (“Futurama”) guest stars as Rocket Raccoon; Michael Clarke Duncan (“The Green Mile”) guest stars as Groot; and John DiMaggio (“Futurama”) guest stars as Galactus.

Sunday, April 13
    Marvel’s Avengers Assemble “One Little Thing”
    (8:30 AM – 9:00 AM ET/PT)
    While Iron Man and Ant Man are trying to stabilize particles that can shrink or grow matter, Falcon gives them terrible news – his mom is coming to visit, and she has no idea he’s an Avenger. Cree Summer (“A Different World”) guest stars as Darlene Wilson.
    TV-Y7 FV

So we are getting a Guardians of the Galaxy team up which sounds good, and on the next i was so happy to see Ant-man guest starring until i saw that Falcon's Mom is coming to town and they need to hide that he is an avenger??? sigh...

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly my thoughts. The first episode sounds epic, the second sounds like sitcom territory.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

RoyalRubble is offline Member Tetris Champion Magma 2 Champion Crazy Go Nuts Champion Crazy Go Nuts 2 Champion Bimmin Champion R4CE 2078 Champion Nuclearoids Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to hear the Guardians of the Galaxy will show up, alongside Galactus. Their previous appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, respectively were pretty good so here's hoping this episode will turn out well. I'm not that excited about seeing another Avengers versus Guardians of the Galaxy story though, but it's better than nothing I guess and it could lead to some good stuff.

As for the other one... not sure what to say. I wonder how Ant-Man will look, and it's neat that he'll finally appear again somewhere (though I doubt he'll actually join the team, which he should), but Falcon's mom? More unnecessary and forced humor which most likely won't work in the end. Hope she's brought enough of her home-made cookies this time, so that Falcon's "room-mates" or whatever he'll end up presenting them as won't have to fight too much... Granted some of the episode descriptions so far have left out some details which ended up making the episodes a little better (such as, "The Ambassador" didn't mention the Cabal will show up), but I seriously doubt anything really worth watching could come out of this premise.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

bigdaddy313 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalRubble View Post
    Nice to hear the Guardians of the Galaxy will show up, alongside Galactus. Their previous appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, respectively were pretty good so here's hoping this episode will turn out well. I'm not that excited about seeing another Avengers versus Guardians of the Galaxy story though, but it's better than nothing I guess and it could lead to some good stuff.

As for the other one... not sure what to say. I wonder how Ant-Man will look, and it's neat that he'll finally appear again somewhere (though I doubt he'll actually join the team, which he should), but Falcon's mom? More unnecessary and forced humor which most likely won't work in the end. Hope she's brought enough of her home-made cookies this time, so that Falcon's "room-mates" or whatever he'll end up presenting them as won't have to fight too much... Granted some of the episode descriptions so far have left out some details which ended up making the episodes a little better (such as, "The Ambassador" didn't mention the Cabal will show up), but I seriously doubt anything really worth watching could come out of this premise.
    Which episode did the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive in Hulk and the agents of SMASH?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Michael Clarke Duncan? Isn't he dead?

On another note, I think "One Little Thing" sounds promising.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes. He passed away in September 2012. But he voiced Groot who only has one line. So I can only assume he did the I am Groot lines before his passing, or they are just re-using the audio clips since it's just the one line.

The title for the Guardians episode makes me hope we will see Rom, but I guess that wouldn't make sense.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

RoyalRubble is offline Member Tetris Champion Magma 2 Champion Crazy Go Nuts Champion Crazy Go Nuts 2 Champion Bimmin Champion R4CE 2078 Champion Nuclearoids Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
    Which episode did the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive in Hulk and the agents of SMASH?
    They haven't appeared, at least not yet. I meant to say the Guardians' previous appearance on USM and Galactus' appearance on Hulk, respectively. Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough in my post.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think, while it hasn't been confirmed, there is supposed to be a Guardians episode in S.M.A.S.H. with The Collector.

The Guardians episode sounds nice, and hopefully the entire team will be better developed in this episode than they were in their USM appearance. Surprised to see Michael Clarke Duncan is still Groot, though like TheVileONe said, it's probably a recording of him. I wonder if he'll start off as a small tree again .

So it looks like we're finally getting the Ant-Man episode. I wonder if it'll be Pym or Lang? I'm quite interested in seeing how his design will look .

And we even get an appearance by... Falcon's mom ?

I know she gets mentioned a lot but I certainly wasn't expecting her to show up. And it's weird that she doesn't know about Sam being an Avenger. Did he keep the fact that he was a S.H.I.E.L.D agent a secret too .

I'd have less of a problem with her appearing if it wasn't for the Sitcom-esque plot of having to keep Falcon's identity a secret from her. It just seems unnecessary, like RoyalRumble said, and won't really add anything to the episode.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One side with “One Little Thing” we get to see Ant-Man but the other side......Falcon's Mom......really? To make it better he didn't mention her about being an Avenger......You would think with all the cameras that caught him in action his mom would notice that her son is in a bird's outfit.......Like many we know she will bring up the cookies and see the team fight over them. Lets see if they can top with Tuff Puppy since they have made a similar episode, see how much they dumb write this episode.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm guessing Ant-Man will be Pym, since his name was mentioned in the Impossible Man episode of Hulk and the Agents of SMASH. Like I said in that episode's talkback, I'd be more interested in seeing Wasp guest-star, if only to add some more female characters to this new animated universe. I know we're getting Falcon's mom, but still.

[Edit]: It's also pretty ridiculous to think Falcon's mother is coming to visit her son, who lives in the Avengers' Tower, and can't deduce her son is one of the Avengers.
    Going by the title of the episode I'm guessing that Ant-Man's shrink/growth ray (and hopefully, Ant-Man himself) will play an important role in the story though, so there's at least that to somewhat look forward to.
    Last edited by RoyalRubble; 03-25-2014 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Added some more thoughts

ClodClavo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Clips for Avengers Assemble "By The Numbers" & Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "Stranger in a Strange Land"!

Previews: Avengers Assemble & Hulk: Agents of SMASH - CraveOnline

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why do heroes always try to hide what they do from their parents...unwanted stress or something?

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Neat trick by Dracula to attack during the day there.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

BigEclipse is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Neat trick by Dracula to attack during the day there.
    Lol... That is pretty cool!

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a clip from the next episode.

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the another clip.

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)