toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I feel like Lyra would be kind of redundant. And she fizzled out and disappeared fairly quickly in the comics, so they might not have any interest in her.

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    The thing is the entire premise of the show is that its about a family of Hulks. So yeah everyone is a Hulk and has brute strength and whatever. That's the whole point! If you want an action show with a more diverse line-up that's what Avengers Assemble and to a much lesser extent Ultimate Spider-Man are for.

Agreed that Red She-Hulk can't carry a series, but Rulk definitely can. Pretty sure his series was a bestseller when Loeb was writing it. I think it on the decline (sales wise, quality wise it definitely went up) when Parker took over.
    Ultimate Spider-Man is still the benchmark for "ultimate dropping the ball on your lineup". There's such a diverse lineup of teenaged heroes and heroines in Marvel that could have been gathered from Young Allies, Young Avengers, and Avengers Academy, and they were all passed over. I will forever be furious over that one. Anyway, you've got a point. A team of Hulks is going to be like that. That's why I called it an "unavoidable flaw".

Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    Koen's RULK run was a top seller SOLELY because Ed McGuines was drawing it. And RULK can't carry his own book, which is why the series was retitled RED SHE-Hulk (which will be canceled in a month or two.
    There isn't strong enough evidence to support this. The shock value of there being a Red Hulk and the mystery of who Red Hulk was probably helped at least initially. Sales did begin slacking off when it became clear the mystery was going to be dragged out.

This show definitely looks a heck of a lot better than AVENGERS ASSEMBLE. Here's a clip from (I think) the first episode.

'Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of SMASH' Sneak Peek - Hollywood Reporter

I think that this show (despite the problems I have with the team being made up entirely of Hulks) might end up being a sleeper hit both critically and in the ratings.
    Another clip, another hint of Paul Dini's usual subversiveness. Plus it was surprisingly dark and serious too. Very, very different from both AA and USM. Dare I hope we may have something good coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumori MC View Post
    Hopefully She-Hulk won't end up being the punching bag of the team like she did in this video.
    To be fair, both Hulk and Red Hulk got it pretty bad too but She-Hulk's definitely looked the worst of the lot there. But we don't know the full context of the clip. We just know Tony's pissed at the Hulks for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl's pal View Post
    +1
    She-Hulk looks and sounds good in this, but we need more female cast members and guest stars in this to keep her from being the lone female voice in this show. I do like your idea for Lyra Macattack! I want to see Betty in this too.
    I kind of wish I was on SMASH's staff so I could've suggested my Lyra idea, it would've been helpful to have as a side-plot and give Hulk some additional humanity and layers. Maybe Lyra and Betty could still show up though.

To be honest, I would not have had Red Hulk on the team right away. If I were in charge, Red Hulk would not be on the team until mid-season. For the first several episodes, I'd still have Red Hulk be General Ross, trying to discredit and destroy the Hulks, perhaps against orders. Eventually this bites Ross in the ass and he turns (permanently) into Red Hulk. After a few episodes of him being an enemy to EVERYBODY, he has no choice but to begrudgingly join the SMASH unit by mid-season. My initial team probably would have been Banner/Hulk, Jen/She-Hulk, Lyra (following my scenario), Rick Jones (who is still human for now), Doc Samson, and Skaar (whose motivations would be a complete mystery), but Doc Samson's ties to the military are strong. In fact, that's probably how Ross' final battle as a human being is fought. The SMASH team is probably too roguish for Samson, so he reaches out to both SHIELD and the military for legitimacy, and Ross accepts Samson's overtures, but only to lure the SMASH team into a trap and destroy them. Needless to say, this fails, Samson is discredited (though this wasn't entirely his fault), and Ross gets turned into Red Hulk and has his own troops firing upon him. Samson winds up being brought into SHIELD, and Betty joins the SMASH team though she is still a normal human being. The SMASH team would be in disarray for a bit, as Banner/Hulk views what Samson did as a betrayal. Banner and Samson's relationship would take the rest of the season, if not into Season 2, to mend. Along the way, the SMASH team would eventually recruit Red Hulk (who's doing this mostly out of concern for Betty) and Delilah Dearborn/Geiger (who I have aged up into a thirty-something mother of two and "locked" into her Doc Samson-esque strength and appearance) by the season finale. Rick and Betty would not transform until season 2.

God, I'm rambling again. I'll stop, promise =3

Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    I feel like Lyra would be kind of redundant. And she fizzled out and disappeared fairly quickly in the comics, so they might not have any interest in her.
    Lyra's only as redundant as everyone else on the rest of the Hulk team. XD It just matters how you use her and how she's portrayed. I came up with a way to make Lyra more unique and integral. She is only redundant if you let her be redundant. Same with letting her fizzle out. Though you're likely right in that the staff may not have much interest in bringing Lyra in.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

bigdaddy313 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the press release of ultimate spider-man season 3 this show is definately canceled course the creative team have moved on to spider-man which means MOA is working only on avengers assemble.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    Devil Dinosaur is introduced in the Comic-Con episode. Sauron appeared as the villain. Sounded like Steven Blum was the voice of Sauron.

After Devil Dinosaur is broken of Sauron's mind control, A-Bomb/Rick adopts him as his new pet.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Spoiler:
    Devil Dinosaur is introduced in the Comic-Con episode. Sauron appeared as the villain. Sounded like Steven Blum was the voice of Sauron.

After Devil Dinosaur is broken of Sauron's mind control, A-Bomb/Rick adopts him as his new pet.
    What did you think of the episode? How does the animation,art (character designs/background art),humor,and story (in your opinion) compare to that of AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and USM?

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Animation, art, characters designs, backgrounds, etc. are comparable to Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble. In terms of design, the characters look more heroic than menacing/threatening. Which I understand from the point that they want to make a show more aimed at younger kids and showcase the Hulk being more of a hero than a misunderstood monster.

The episode I thought was OK. It was a good story because the Hulk's go on a mission to the Savage Land. Sauron was presented as a credible and dangerous threat since he can control minds and absorb the Hulks' energy. Sauron has always been a favorite, underrated X-Men rogue of mine so I liked how he was presented here.

Humor's not as overt and rampant as Ultimate Spider-Man. It comes more out of the "testimonials" of the team members speaking to the portable video cameras that Rick has deployed and also Rick/A-Bomb. I say not as overt in that there are no peaks into the psyche like in Ultimate Spider-Man or really any meta-/fourth wall breaking humor. Rick is now a teenager who is not used to being a "Hulk" and Hulk is trying to train him and take him under his wing so he won't make the same mistakes. Hulk is very over-protective of Rick and Rick wants to prove himself to the team.

I think if you don't like Ultimate Spider-Man, you might be turned off by Rick/A-Bomb being such a goof in this show. A-Bomb likes to act goofy and crack wise.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I think if you don't like Ultimate Spider-Man, you might be turned off by Rick/A-Bomb being such a goof in this show. A-Bomb likes to act goofy and crack wise.
    I don't like USM NOT because Spidey cracks wise (they got that part right) or because he sometimes acts goofy. I don't like USM because it is poorly executed and the characters often act like idiots/incompetents for no other reason than to either drive the plot or for a cheap laugh. Based on the clips/trailers that I have seen and your review, I think that I MIGHT enjoy HULK AND THE AGENTS OF SMASH (which I will refer to from this point on as "HATAOS" or "HATAS").

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a new trailer airing on DISNEY XD that spotlights and focuses on A-Bomb.

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a reminder that the first 2 episodes of this series will be airing on WATCH DISNEY XD ONLINE this Thursday.

Choppasmith is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a new trailer airing on DISNEY XD that spotlights and focuses on A-Bomb.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to like this show just for Seth Green's A-Bomb

Just a reminder that the first 2 episodes of this series will be airing on WATCH DISNEY XD ONLINE this Thursday.
    You mean on their website or is there going to be an actual segment on TV?

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppasmith View Post
    You mean on their website or is there going to be an actual segment on TV?
    There website at this link.

WATCH Disney XD - Disney XD

You have to sign in using your cable or satellite provider ID (if your cable/satellite provider carries Disney XD).

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney XD has released the August 2013 schedule for new Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. episodes slated to air during the month. Continue below to check out the details.

Sunday, August 11th
    Original Series – Special One-Hour Series Premiere
    Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "Doorway to Destruction, Part 1/Doorway to Destruction, Part 2"
    (11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET/PT)

-"Doorway to Destruction, Part 1" - Hulk's best pal Rick Jones begins making a web-series to show the world Hulk is a hero and Big Green gets his first chance to prove it when Annihilus invades Earth!
    -"Doorway to Destruction, Part 2" - The newly formed Agents of S.M.A.S.H. – including a Hulked-out Rick Jones aka A-Bomb – invade the Negative Zone to stop Annihilus once and for all.

Sunday, August 18
    Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "Hulk-Busted"
    (11:00 AM – 11:30 AM ET/PT)

When the Leader hijacks Iron Man's Hulkbuster suits to destroy the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., the team and Iron Man must learn to trust each other and work together to defeat the Leader. Adrian Pasdar ("Heroes," "Marvel's Avengers Assemble") guest stars as Iron Man.

Sunday, August 25
    Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "The Collector"
    (11:00 AM – 11:30 AM ET/PT)

Perceived by the public as "menaces," Hulk and Spider-Man are the only ones left to save the planet from destruction when The Collector captures every last hero on earth. Drake Bell ("Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man") guest stars as Spider-Man.

Also...

Jim Harvey's Mini-review of the two-part Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. series opener: While an improvement over the two-part series openers for Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel's Avengers Assemble, Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. suffers from a disjointed story, significant plot holes, underdeveloped villains, and occasional bouts of toilet humor and child-ish behavior from the main cast. There is some potential though - such as a promising subplot involving Skaar and the odd moment our heroes actually act in character (the Hulk actually gets a couple effective scenes) - but those moments are fleeting and lost amongst a jumpy script and uneven animation (which jumps back and forth between genuinely great and jaw-droppingly awful/motion comic quality). Basically, if you're not a fan of the current Marvel Animation era, this probably won't change your mind.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Iron Man & Spider-Man within the first 5 episodes? I dunno I think that's too soon for such high profile guest stars, but I guess that adds weight to the theory that Marvel/Disney don't have much confidence in this show.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jim Harvey's mini-review has me cautious.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first episode is up on WATCH DISNEY XD. It will only be up for one day. Watch it before they take it down, otherwise you will be onlly to check it out on itunes (for free). Here's the link.

Doorway to Destruction, Pt. 1 Full Episode - Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H - Disney XD

As for my thoughts on the episode, for the most part, I liked it. I thought that the animation and art was better than the animation and art from the first episode of AVENGERS ASSEMBLE, but not as good as the animation and art in the USM cartoon. I do agree with Jim Harvey that the animation was inconsistent (sometimes it was great, sometimes it was garbage). Like AA, the CGI in the show clashed with the art and animation. The story was a lot better than the story for the first episode of AA, and slightly better than the story for the first episode of USM.

Darth_Cygnus is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seems like there will be some good moments with this show. "The Collector" episode sounds awesome.

Darth Cygnus

supergirl's pal is offline Give us a SBFF Animated Series
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Jim Harvey's Mini-review of the two-part Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. series opener: While an improvement over the two-part series openers for Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel's Avengers Assemble, Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. suffers from a disjointed story, significant plot holes, underdeveloped villains, and occasional bouts of toilet humor and child-ish behavior from the main cast. There is some potential though - such as a promising subplot involving Skaar and the odd moment our heroes actually act in character (the Hulk actually gets a couple effective scenes) - but those moments are fleeting and lost amongst a jumpy script and uneven animation (which jumps back and forth between genuinely great and jaw-droppingly awful/motion comic quality). Basically, if you're not a fan of the current Marvel Animation era, this probably won't change your mind.
    Thanks for the mini review! How good was She-Hulk's depiction? I hope they have an episode centered around her character.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Cygnus View Post
    Seems like there will be some good moments with this show. "The Collector" episode sounds awesome.

Darth Cygnus
    The Collector is one of my favorite characters.

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the Collector is kidnapping heroes, I wonder if there will be brief cameos from the heroes who we haven't yet seen but have been mentioned. I know in the Guardians episode of USM, Star-Lord mentioned Captain Marvel and the X-Men, among others.

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I managed to see the first episode as well, and I gotta say. If you didn't like the humor in Ultimate Spider-Man, you won't like this. Everything James Harvey says is correct, and this is kind of an insult to the Hulk.
    Yet.....it still peaked my curiosity. And I definetely want to see She Hulk, just to see how much they messed up my favorite Marvel character.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast