toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Avengers Assemble "Ghost of a Chance"

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

2 18.18%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

2 18.18%
  • ***1/2

1 9.09%

4 36.36%

0 0%

1 9.09%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 9.09%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man Of Inaction

Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    When people stop watching action cartoons, because of the mediocrity overtaking the quality/getting the more quality fare cancelled for cheap reasons... which is slowly happening already, thanks to bad habits dying way too hard in this current generation like mediocre creators (which Man of Action are) getting more work than they deserve (that, and most of these shows obviously being toy commercials instead of legitimate stories worth following!).

We may just need to take a page from Japan and how they do it - period. I don't see too many other ways around fixing the problem with current-gen action cartoons, besides firing all the mediocre people and enforcing a regime of heavy training involving this medium and doing it right.
    I'd love to see Christy Marx, Buzz Dixon, J.M.S. (if he could be persuaded), Wally Burr, Flint Dille, George Arthur Bloom (who doesn't get the respect he deserves) get the chance to make new shows. I don't know why Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, or Greg Weisman (who all got their starts on '80s shows) haven't/won't call in some of the veterans of the game.

I don't know if doing it like Japan does will really work in the states. A bunch of different companies and each having their own stake in the project dividing up all the rights would never happen here. Disney wouldn't allow it for Marvel nor would Warner Brothers do it for DC. Creatively speaking, how do they do it in Japan?

Shows based off of toy lines can be good even great. If the people involved take the time to make a well thought out universe and write interesting programming. Man Of Action doesn't even try, they've found a formula and if it ain't broke they won't fix it.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieB21:-) View Post

Man Of Action continues to be the worst bunch of hacks ever to inflict their collectively awful writing across several cartoon channels. When will someone in charge realize how much they just recycle the same plot points, story lines, and character traits over and over again? When will their reign of terror stop?
    Even after like seven years they just don't know cartoons. they are not hacks, as they are actually talented comic book professionals however their combined work as a group just does not match their individual work. I could never call Joe Kelly a hack, he is and always will be one of my favorite comic book writers.

I also still stand by Generator Rex which I believe was a good show when it did not force comedy in.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    The Hulk's glass figurines were a cute bit though very surreal.
    What would have been better was to see the Hulk start his collection, with one glass animal. Then throughout season one, watch the collection slowly grow. They could have worked in UPS delivery, an eBay joke, having one of the others gift him with one, and/or just show the shelves filling in background shots. And we won't even talk about how it would have worked in perfectly if the Collector would have shown up...

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Even after like seven years they just don't know cartoons. they are not hacks, as they are actually talented comic book professionals however their combined work as a group just does not match their individual work. I could never call Joe Kelly a hack, he is and always will be one of my favorite comic book writers.

I also still stand by Generator Rex which I believe was a good show when it did not force comedy in.
    Agreed on Generator Rex - That, however, is the only show I legitimately enjoyed from them (despite the humor, too!)... Real shame.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    What would have been better was to see the Hulk start his collection, with one glass animal. Then throughout season one, watch the collection slowly grow. They could have worked in UPS delivery, an eBay joke, having one of the others gift him with one, and/or just show the shelves filling in background shots. And we won't even talk about how it would have worked in perfectly if the Collector would have shown up...
    You sir, win thread. That would've been perfect.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You Should Write Avengers Assemble

Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    You just illustrated in a few sentences better plotting, emotional build up, humor, and dramatic tension than Man Of Inaction has done in the 3 episodes of AA I've seen.

Who knows maybe Falcon will get to talk to the Hulk about it later on. But considering no one cares about the Dr. Banner/Hulk emotional/psychological struggle, I'm betting that Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Thor will make fun of him.

As for Generator Rex.... it was Ben 10 with the names changed. Snarky, teenage white male hero (check), one relevant female character (check), cool old guy (check), a large assortment of villains that change into other things (check), monsters/aliens (its all the same, it doesn't matter) (check).

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieB21:-) View Post
    You just illustrated in a few sentences better plotting, emotional build up, humor, and dramatic tension than Man Of Inaction has done in the 3 episodes of AA I've seen.

Who knows maybe Falcon will get to talk to the Hulk about it later on. But considering no one cares about the Dr. Banner/Hulk emotional/psychological struggle, I'm betting that Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Thor will make fun of him.

As for Generator Rex.... it was Ben 10 with the names changed. Snarky, teenage white male hero (check), one relevant female character (check), cool old guy (check), a large assortment of villains that change into other things (check), monsters/aliens (its all the same, it doesn't matter) (check).
    I'm pretty sure Rex was hispanic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rex was hispanic.
    I debated awhile with myself on whether or not Rex was Hispanic. But he's like Artemis, if you have to ask, then it's not obvious, so you can't tell. He's ambiguously brown at best. Of course if he were, then CN cancelled their first show with a Hispanic lead. Not surprising since they've also cancelled Juniper Lee, Class Of 3,000, (and never rerun them) and I Heart Tuesdays will never happen.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Generator Rex is Latino.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Generator Rex is Latino.
    Yeah they it was brought up quite a bit in the show wasn't really ambiguous