toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - USM "Journey of the Iron Fist

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

4 50.00%
  • ****1/2

2 25.00%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 12.50%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 12.50%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Infinite-bit is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I don't know I kinda like this reimagined version of Scorpion slightly better than the Mexican Gangster version Miles Morles fought in the ultimate comics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-bit View Post
    I don't know I kinda like this reimagined version of Scorpion slightly better than the Mexican Gangster version Miles Morles fought in the ultimate comics.
    I'll agree with that, but I would of preferred good ol' Mac Gargan. He's one of my favorite Spidey villains. I feel like using his 616 story would've given some development on JJ. Though I still liked this episode.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good episode. I'm surprised Scorpian never said, "COME OVER HERE." Seeing that it was obvious this version of Scorpion was inspired by the Mortal Kombat Scorpion. I liked this re imagining of Scorpion, mainly because he's a serous threat in this episode and his motivation does not suck. I fond it interesting that this is the second time one of Spider-man's foes became an arch enemy of one of his teammates.

I really wish this whole show was as good as episodes like this one. It shows how strong the show can be when it actually tries.

Monsoon is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I took a chance with everyone's positive impressions and watched the episode. Dude, this is what I had in mind when hearing this series was announced. Such a good episode, and I actually liked new this take on the scorpion. Shame they wont maintain this level of quality.

Choppasmith is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After being so underwhelmed by the last two episodes, this was a really nice surprise. Very fun and enjoyable. They REALLY need more episodes like this.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    *chuckles* And I always believe the marketing materials of entertainment fighters. Press releases always contain the truth...
    Jon Jones is a UFC light heavyweight champion, that's legit.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Jon Jones is a UFC light heavyweight champion, that's legit.
    Of course it is. /patpat

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, this episode was actually pretty good. Before this episode, I can't say I've really enjoyed an episode of Season 2 since Carnage and that was four episodes ago.

And, surprise surprise, it shares plenty of similarities with White Tiger's focus episode, another highlight of the season. We got an origin story for a member of the Team, Spidey helping them out, a Spider-Man villain re-imagined with a connection to that specific Team Member, and all around better characterization and jokes. I guess the creative team are really bringing out their A-game for the Team focus episodes. I have to wonder where it was for season one, but for now I'm satisfied that at least exists.

I really liked Scorpion, voiced by none other than Dante Basco of Avatar fame, especially because of how different he was from the normal Scorpion. Kinda makes me wish the creative team did more with Spidey's Rogue Gallery instead of just mixing and matching qualities from their Mainstream and Ultimate counterparts. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if this Scorpion somehow comes back and gets a hold of Ock's mutant serum and becomes more like his comic self, especially now that his scorpion stinger is smashed. And if that were to happen, that would leave Vulture left, and I'm betting we'll see him in either Nova's or Power Man's focus episode. Could a new Sinister Six be on the horizon? It'd be crazy to see two different rosters of the team in one season, though if we are going to get another round I hope its ten times better.

I missed having a competent and in character Spidey. You tend to forget about him what with all the fourth wall gags, dumbing down, and sheer irresponsibility he exhibits from time to time. I even liked most of his jokes this time!

All in all, definitely a step up in quality for Ultimate Spider-Man. I highly doubt they can keep it up for the rest of the season, but I'm at least hopeful for Nova and Power Man's focus episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just read an interview on CBR seems the next time Scorpion shows up another marvel villain will give him a new suit!

AdamYJ is offline The Saturday Morning Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Pretty good episode. I'm surprised Scorpian never said, "COME OVER HERE." Seeing that it was obvious this version of Scorpion was inspired by the Mortal Kombat Scorpion. I liked this re imagining of Scorpion, mainly because he's a serous threat in this episode and his motivation does not suck. I fond it interesting that this is the second time one of Spider-man's foes became an arch enemy of one of his teammates.

I really wish this whole show was as good as episodes like this one. It shows how strong the show can be when it actually tries.
    I saw this version of Scorpion as being more inspired by the old Shaw Brothers movie Five Deadly Venoms. I liked the new Scorpion, but that may be because I was never crazy about the traditional Mac Gargan version. Other than being a character who can mess with Jameson (who's suppose to hate masked vigilantes, so Jameson creating a masked villain makes little sense), I never had much interest in Gargan.
    Saturday Morning is not just part of the week. It's a state of mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast