Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Lawson View Post
    I don't know why this article currently gets a 404 error (or 4-0-Forbes error according to the site)
    It seems to have been deleted. I went over to Andy Robertson's page on Forbes, and I couldn't find an article titled "Big Hero 6 Toys."

EDIT: When Googling the article, every other news source just provides the same excerpt from Forbes while linking back to that same article.

ILDC is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Lawson View Post
    I don't know why this article currently gets a 404 error (or 4-0-Forbes error according to the site), but an article there today suggests that Bandai will the toy company releasing Big Hero 6 toys. Of course, Bandai is well-known for Super Sentai and Kamen Rider toys in Japan, plus Power Rangers and Ben 10 toys in the U.S. I looked for more information, and came across a LinkedIn profile that also mentions Bandai toy releases for Big Hero 6.

What the Bandai toy news for Big Hero 6 implies is that the movie might not be getting Marvel branding from Disney, since Hasbro is the master toy licensee for Marvel products in the U.S. And as mentioned above, if this movie is dissociated from Marvel, it would allow it to be present in Disney's theme parks in Orlando for promotional purposes this fall. It really depends on if this Bandai deal is similar to the Marvel Disk Wars deal where it is for other markets outside the U.S. or if it includes the U.S. market. The phrase "master toy licensee" will probably determine if this will be a Disney and Marvel co-branded movie or just a Disney movie.
    It's being branded as just a Disney movie, but that doesn't mean they won't play up the Marvel connection.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ah that's good. Lately I've been imagining what it's like sitting through the opening logo for Walt Disney Pictures, WDAS, AND Marvel Studios, and that's crazy long.

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |

Hypestyle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    will this be promoted as having any kind of connection to Marvel at all? I hope since Frozen did well, Disney will be willing to at least mention the comic book roots, even though this is a loosely adapted tale.
    With Great Power also comes a Great Responsibility...

ILDC is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    will this be promoted as having any kind of connection to Marvel at all? I hope since Frozen did well, Disney will be willing to at least mention the comic book roots, even though this is a loosely adapted tale.
    Try clicking the links I gave out.

Rick Jones is offline Trickin' N Treatin'
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Ah that's good. Lately I've been imagining what it's like sitting through the opening logo for Walt Disney Pictures, WDAS, AND Marvel Studios, and that's crazy long.
    This reminds me of the Family Guy joke about never ending opening logos in movies. It would be nice to see some Marvel recognition but it's probably weird when they have so little to do with it besides owning the original property.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First look at Hiro and Baymax.

Rick Jones is offline Trickin' N Treatin'
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope they release more soon.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man, I miss the days when we'd have a teaser at least a year before a Disney movie came out.
    That little view of the town doesn't count.

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Man, I miss the days when we'd have a teaser at least a year before a Disney movie came out.
    That little view of the town doesn't count.
    Yeah me too. My guess is that the teaser/trailer will come out in the summer.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/