toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - USM "The Sinister Six"

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

2 18.18%
  • ****1/2

1 9.09%

2 18.18%
  • ***1/2

1 9.09%

2 18.18%
  • **1/2

0 0%

1 9.09%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 9.09%
  • 1/2

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Okay not a bad episode but I was disappointed with how Rhino was treated. There were lines about him getting the Rhino formula from Doc Ock so a bit of an addition to it now but Spider-man had zero sympathy for Alex. Maybe the writers were focusing solely on Lizard being the "innocent victim" but it just wrong that Spider-man never tried to reason with Alex, a kid like him.

Anyway this episode was also rushed. I really wish there was more build up, that we saw the team come together. I would have liked to see Doc Ock gathering each of these villains. I realize this show will never be big on story building not sometimes I just expect more then they gave us. I really feel they dropped the ball with the six Sinister six episodes and I was hoping they felt more like a story arc then they did.

FFmax is offline Poke Maniac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I had a feeling that they were going to rush the sinister six storyline, like I seriously have no idea how these guys came together. The action was pretty good at least and the cutaways were kept a minimum. Wonder what going to do with the Lizard/Dr. Conners though?
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Okay not a bad episode but I was disappointed with how Rhino was treated. There were lines about him getting the Rhino formula from Doc Ock so a bit of an addition to it now but Spider-man had zero sympathy for Alex. Maybe the writers were focusing solely on Lizard being the "innocent victim" but it just wrong that Spider-man never tried to reason with Alex, a kid like him.
    I didn't really view it as him being pitiless or unsympathetic. It's just, like you said, it's kind of redundant to have another rousing "You're a good man! You can fight this! You don't have to do this!" speech when the writers were already doing with with Spider-Man and Dr. Connors.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I kind've enjoyed this episode, it wasn't worth the hype at all.

Mymain complaint was all the plot holes. As stated in another thread, its weird how Electro doesn't zap anyone, even though they're all wading in water. Yet later, when some more water hits Electro, he zaps everyone. And yet NO ONE EVEN REALLY GETS HURT! In fact, Kraven is holding Electro. Huh?

Also, all the scenes where Spider-Man tried reasoning with Lizard annoyed me. JUST DESTROY THE DEVICE ON HIS NECK! OR THE CONTROLLER THAT OCK IS HOLDING! Man, for being really smart, Peter can be dumb sometimes.

Also, how did the Sinister Six outrun Peter to the Statue of Liberty? And at the end of the episode, when Spidey told his team-mates to switch opponents, I groaned. That is used in every single action cartoon (kinda).

On the positive side, I like Lizard. He was the only even decent villain in this episode, and I like that he was able to break free from Okc's control. With that said, why would he rather not be a human?
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Infinite-bit is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    While I kind've enjoyed this episode, it wasn't worth the hype at all.

Mymain complaint was all the plot holes. As stated in another thread, its weird how Electro doesn't zap anyone, even though they're all wading in water. Yet later, when some more water hits Electro, he zaps everyone. And yet NO ONE EVEN REALLY GETS HURT! In fact, Kraven is holding Electro. Huh?

Also, all the scenes where Spider-Man tried reasoning with Lizard annoyed me. JUST DESTROY THE DEVICE ON HIS NECK! OR THE CONTROLLER THAT OCK IS HOLDING! Man, for being really smart, Peter can be dumb sometimes.

Also, how did the Sinister Six outrun Peter to the Statue of Liberty? And at the end of the episode, when Spidey told his team-mates to switch opponents, I groaned. That is used in every single action cartoon (kinda).

On the positive side, I like Lizard. He was the only even decent villain in this episode, and I like that he was able to break free from Okc's control. With that said, why would he rather not be a human?

I think destroying the device on Curt's neck would've been a little risky(could've caused permanent damage) but yes Spider-Man should've tried to make more grabs for the remote.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched this with my nine-year-old:

SPIDEY: Why are my team all out to get me? (paraphrase)
    SON: Because its a training exercise. They did that already, back when they introduced Kraven.
    DAD: Yeah, well... its not like they stop training. Ever,
    SON: Yeah, but do we have to see it? They act like its some kind of surprise.

Apparently they can't even write down to a nine-year-old effectively.

And so it goes.

SON: Dad, why is the fight taking so long?
    DAD: What do you mean?
    SON: Well, Electro was a threat for the whole team. The Lizard was a threat for the whole team. The Rhino...
    DAD: I get the picture. Its called "jobbing", when you write one side of a fight to make the other side look more powerful.
    SON: So, were the good guys jobbed in the other episodes, or are the bad guys being jobbed here?

And the fight proceeds, with the writers throwing in the old JLA trope of "Fight with someone other than your arch enemy who knows your moves", even though none of the bad guys are familiar enough with anyone's moves for that to really matter. Got to wonder why the Bad Guys never use that tactic - Light knows its used against them often enough...

SON: Why doesn't the Beetle just fly up out of Iron Fist's range and fire his cannons? Iron Fist isn't bullet-proof.
    DAD: Because the script says not to, I guess.
    SON: Then the script is lame.

From the mouth of a child...

The exposed Lizard control-module was exposed, and an easy shot for Iron Fist or White Tiger or Spider-Man. Doc Oc just sat there, wasting his presence - he could have tipped the balance in any of the fights. When Spider-Man made an appeal over the airwaves (or the cable-TV waves) for the team, why the heck wasn't SHIELD all over the battle site? Bad writing all the way around, even without mentioning the Electro-In-Water lameness.

At least my usual objections - chibi lameness interrupting the narrative flow, and the team being worthless props - weren't in evidence this time. While they did use chibis, using them for exposition/recap was a good use..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.

bigdaddy313 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a smart kid

Infinite-bit is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    I watched this with my nine-year-old:

SPIDEY: Why are my team all out to get me? (paraphrase)
    SON: Because its a training exercise. They did that already, back when they introduced Kraven.
    DAD: Yeah, well... its not like they stop training. Ever,
    SON: Yeah, but do we have to see it? They act like its some kind of surprise.

Apparently they can't even write down to a nine-year-old effectively.

And so it goes.

SON: Dad, why is the fight taking so long?
    DAD: What do you mean?
    SON: Well, Electro was a threat for the whole team. The Lizard was a threat for the whole team. The Rhino...
    DAD: I get the picture. Its called "jobbing", when you write one side of a fight to make the other side look more powerful.
    SON: So, were the good guys jobbed in the other episodes, or are the bad guys being jobbed here?

And the fight proceeds, with the writers throwing in the old JLA trope of "Fight with someone other than your arch enemy who knows your moves", even though none of the bad guys are familiar enough with anyone's moves for that to really matter. Got to wonder why the Bad Guys never use that tactic - Light knows its used against them often enough...

SON: Why doesn't the Beetle just fly up out of Iron Fist's range and fire his cannons? Iron Fist isn't bullet-proof.
    DAD: Because the script says not to, I guess.
    SON: Then the script is lame.

From the mouth of a child...

The exposed Lizard control-module was exposed, and an easy shot for Iron Fist or White Tiger or Spider-Man. Doc Oc just sat there, wasting his presence - he could have tipped the balance in any of the fights. When Spider-Man made an appeal over the airwaves (or the cable-TV waves) for the team, why the heck wasn't SHIELD all over the battle site? Bad writing all the way around, even without mentioning the Electro-In-Water lameness.

At least my usual objections - chibi lameness interrupting the narrative flow, and the team being worthless props - weren't in evidence this time. While they did use chibis, using them for exposition/recap was a good use..

Well Electro did short out when he was completely submerged in water so I'm guessing water doesn't bother him when it's up to his ankles similar to Cole McGrath from the inFamous games.

bigdaddy313 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-bit View Post
    Well Electro did short out when he was completely submerged in water so I'm guessing water doesn't bother him when it's up to his ankles similar to Cole McGrath from the inFamous games.
    Don't use Infamous as an example if he touches water it hurts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast