toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The beginning of December feels a little late for it to match the cinematic or home video releases of Iron Man 3. My personal inclination would be that this had to do with some kind of production dissatisfaction. Maybe they'll do well during the Christmas shopping season though. This pushback is a little disappointing (I was pretty curious to see how the first movie from MAS would be) but if it's to boost the quality, I can't be mad at that.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Hero Supreme is offline Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post

Rise of Technovore and Heroes United seem to be very different in terms of audience. Rise of Technovore seems to be targeting more hardcore viewers, people who want something borderline R-rated and a bit artsy at the same time. Heroes United seems much tamer in comparison, it seems to be more of a PG-rated thing with a more straightforward approach to its dialogue and storytelling, unlike Technovore which seems to be shying away from black and white. The two DTVs also look much, much different, Technovore being an anime and Heroes United being CGI. So they could have easily released them both at their original release dates without there being cannibalizing.
    Well surely there would be some cannibalization. I mean there has to be some overlap in audience for two Iron Man animated movies. These DTVs dont sell that well to split into two separate and sizeable audiences. Another factor is that Superman Unbound and the Lego Batman movie are both coming out around the same time.

Hopefully the delay means that they are going to improve the quality. The animation in the trailer was not great. On the other hand they may think December will just be a better time to dump the movie with the hopes that parents will buy it for their kids with less of a quality filter in place.

On the other hand, Thor was delayed for a long time simply for marketing purposes and that didn't pan out very well.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A new studio-conducted interview for Iron Man/Hulk: Heroes United is now up at Marvel.com. A first look at the packaging is also included.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My prediction:

Spoiler:
    Hulk wears the Hulkbuster armor in the movie.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that Vile One means Iron Man in his spoilers.

NuclearBLt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just the idea of Hulk trying to pilot an Iron Man armor is hysterical.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearBLt View Post
    Just the idea of Hulk trying to pilot an Iron Man armor is hysterical.
    Or maybe Bruce Banner gets in the Iron Man armor, and Hulks out, fighting in partial armor and occasionally setting off a subsystem, like fire retarding foam into the Abomination's face....

...or maybe not. There's prboably a reason they don't ask me to write this stuff... )

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No I mean exactly what I said. In the picture that Marvel released, Iron Man himself is looking at the Hulkbuster armor. So clearly he is not wearing it.

Todd Casey said its going to be used in a way Iron Man never intended. I think it would be an amusing sequence to see Hulk wearing the famous Hulkbuster armor and push the bromance even further.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK, Abomination looks pretty cool.

Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

Todd Casey said its going to be used in a way Iron Man never intended. I think it would be an amusing sequence to see Hulk wearing the famous Hulkbuster armor and push the bromance even further.
    Based on the trailer and recent cartoon series, I wouldn't be shocked if Zzzax just takes over the armor himself.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill