toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    NuclearBLt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Here's an interesting tidbit I found in an IGN interview for season 2.

IGN: Gotcha. But safe to say the depiction of those individual characters will be pretty in line with what we’ll see on Avengers Assemble?
    Lane: Absolutely, including the same voice talent. You’re going to see character crossovers in all three shows this year [including Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.].
    Source: Ultimate Spider-Man: What to Expect in Season 2 - IGN

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearBLt View Post

Good catch. Not sure how much that means, though - we've seen several examples where what the staff says is refuted by actual episode content, and shared voice actors makes sense from a branding level without the continuity dovetailing (like AEMH Spider-Man's re-dubs).

Like anything else, lets see how well they do it before judging. After all, Chris Yost was right when he said that these could all be alternate worlds, with varying degrees of closeness to each other, but NONE of them actually in-continuity with each other; after all, they all draw on the Marvel multiverse and the movies and whatnot as source, so its all likely to be close if not exact. Give me good stories, and I'll look the other way about continuity glitches, really...

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Also in the 1990's Spider-Man animated series.
    Didn't watch to much of the 90s series, but it seems Kraven has a history of beasting out. Definitely helps even the odds between him and Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    I just wish it was still cool for Hawkeye to wear his actual mask.
    I'm cool without the mask. It's a solid design though, the only real flaw is that it's pretty much the same outfit Red Arrow wears in ​Young Justice​. I think they coulda at least made Hawkeye's chest arrow purple. Or even better, just use the design from ​Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to Dish Tv's summery for the Electro episode Spider-man has already faced Electro in this universe. That should make some people happy as that means some of Spider-man's
    villains already exist and he was not just facing the likes of Paste Pot Pate before the series started.

Of course Dish network's internal guide has been wrong with episode summaries in the past.

While Kraven never turned into an animal in the 90's series (From what I could remember) he has a serum that made him incredibly strong and make him act like an animal.
    Last edited by Dragnatek; 01-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearBLt View Post

Good catch. I hope this means we might get to see the Guardians in Assemble as well.

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    According to Dish Tv's summery for the Electro episode Spider-man has already faced Electro in this universe before. That should make some people happy as that means some of Spider-man's villains already exist and he was not just facing the likes of Paste Pot Pate before the series started.
    Wonder if he won against Electro on his previous battles, it will be sadly inconsistent if he beats Electro but his first three encounters with 'Triple P' ended with his failure
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

NuclearBLt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New images of Electro, Rhino and Kraven the Hunter.

https://www.facebook.com/Marvel/photos_stream

Kraven's design is just perfect imo.

Webbed-Wonder is offline Still thwipping!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I really like Kraven & Electro's designs. They did a good job with them.

This article here says Carnage will be in season 2 as well, now that's going to be interesting to see. Looking Ahead to Ultimate Spider-Man Season 2 | Spider-Man | News | Marvel.com
    "So you don't like names, huh? Well, that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me, you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon, with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!"

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the Kraven design just fine (although I wouldn't mind bigger furry trim on the shoulders at the radial line instead of the collar). The Rhino design is adequate, and logical given that (I imagine) his powers come from Octo-Juice (tm) and not from a suit. I suppose the Electro design is more.... appropriate? Less gaudy? Than the traditional green and yellow, but I confess I like it better anyways (which goes to show I should never be let loose in an art department, neh?).

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kraven and Rhino look...surprisingly cool. I just hope their writing is up to par.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst