toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - AEMH "Michael Korvac"

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll

13 59.09%
  • ****1/2

2 9.09%

5 22.73%
  • ***1/2

1 4.55%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

1 4.55%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    According to imdb it was Kevin Conroy.
    Well that's why I don't use imdb until well after the fact. There's no way that's Conroy.

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    According to imdb it was Kevin Conroy.
    Very unlikely. It sounded like Master Chief's voice actor, Steve Downes.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

Josh_Fine is offline Producer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K. View Post
    Very unlikely. It sounded like Master Chief's voice actor, Steve Downes.
    Yes, it was Steve Downes in his first-ever animated appearance. Star-Lord was one of the rare characters that we didn't audition for, because I knew exactly whom I wanted to play the part. I tossed the idea out there to the crew, and Frank Paur (our Supervising Director, and incidentally also a big Halo fan) loved it. Steve was one of my favorite guest actors to work with (even though we recorded him remotely from a studio in his home city of Chicago.) He's one of those actors who could just sit there and read the phone book and it would sound awesome.

(Fun Fact: Back when Frank and I were working on the Marvel-Lionsgate animated features, we used to have big Halo 3 throw-downs once a week with Gary Hartle, Phil Bourassa, Sam Liu and a bunch of other members of the crew. Originally, Craig Kyle as well, who would insist on his team wearing all bright pink armor.)

The other funny casting story in this episode, not surprisingly, was for Rocket. Going in (as with most of these characters) I had a pretty good idea of what Rocket sounded like in my head, and I was trying to match both the sound and the personality. Voice Dirctor Jamie Simone and I listened to a bunch of auditions, but one after another, nothing was jumping out at me. A few people sort of had the right sound, but no one was getting Rocket's personality to come through. Then we got to Greg Ellis's. SOOO not what I would have imagined Rocket to sound like from reading the comics, but with ALLLL of the personality that the other auditions were missing. He had the attitude, the confidence, the snarkiness, and the accent gave him this great SAS demolitions-expert sort of quality. The more I listened to it, the more I kind of loved it. I sent it to Chris (as I do with anything I think might be totally insane, just to make sure someone else can be held responsible as well) and he had the same reaction I did. Next think you know, the alien raccoon has a cockney accent. (But come on... he's already an alien raccoon, so don't tell me it's unrealistic. After all it's all being translated by Adam Warlock's Soul Gem anyway.)
    You can now follow me on Twitter @Josh_Fine

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Fine View Post
    Yes, it was Steve Downes in his first-ever animated appearance. Star-Lord was one of the rare characters that we didn't audition for, because I knew exactly whom I wanted to play the part. I tossed the idea out there to the crew, and Frank Paur (our Supervising Director, and incidentally also a big Halo fan) loved it. Steve was one of my favorite guest actors to work with (even though we recorded him remotely from a studio in his home city of Chicago.) He's one of those actors who could just sit there and read the phone book and it would sound awesome.

(Fun Fact: Back when Frank and I were working on the Marvel-Lionsgate animated features, we used to have big Halo 3 throw-downs once a week with Gary Hartle, Phil Bourassa, Sam Liu and a bunch of other members of the crew. Originally, Craig Kyle as well, who would insist on his team wearing all bright pink armor.)

The other funny casting story in this episode, not surprisingly, was for Rocket. Going in (as with most of these characters) I had a pretty good idea of what Rocket sounded like in my head, and I was trying to match both the sound and the personality. Voice Dirctor Jamie Simone and I listened to a bunch of auditions, but one after another, nothing was jumping out at me. A few people sort of had the right sound, but no one was getting Rocket's personality to come through. Then we got to Greg Ellis's. SOOO not what I would have imagined Rocket to sound like from reading the comics, but with ALLLL of the personality that the other auditions were missing. He had the attitude, the confidence, the snarkiness, and the accent gave him this great SAS demolitions-expert sort of quality. The more I listened to it, the more I kind of loved it. I sent it to Chris (as I do with anything I think might be totally insane, just to make sure someone else can be held responsible as well) and he had the same reaction I did. Next think you know, the alien raccoon has a cockney accent. (But come on... he's already an alien raccoon, so don't tell me it's unrealistic. After all it's all being translated by Adam Warlock's Soul Gem anyway.)
    Wow, very interesting. Thanks for the reply, Mr. Fine.

Rocket was pretty awesome in this episode, even if he didn't speak that much. Same for Groot, Star-Lord, Adam and Quasar. I really wish this isn't the last time we've seen the Guardians of the Galaxy. I also found this show's Korvac to be a bit more interesting than his comic version, and a rather rare, tragic villain for the show.

Pretty much loved this one alongside the Heroes for Hire one. Hope the show continues this streak next episode!
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Fine View Post

I love this kind of behind the scenes stuff. The show has impeccable casting and voice direction.

The guardians are an interesting bunch. One of my favorite parts of this show is how it introduces me to some many characters in the Marvel universe.

I'm liking the additional screen time for Ms. Marvel. Her chemistry with Janet was great.

Likewise the chemistry in that short scene with Hawkeye and Black Panther had me rolling along with Hulk surprising Stark.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A good episode much better than last weeks, well in fact it is a complete contrast to last weeks-- street level to cosmic level. I liked the partial reprisal of the story from Avengers 174-177 Korvac shared his power with his girlfriend and was unstoppable and it was only a momentary loss of faith on the part of his girlfriend that made him give it up. There was a What If for this story which was quite interesting too. The only thing that I didn't like was the mouthness of the Wasp, Doom's comments about her in ep one came to mind. Also I think they are portraying Ms Marvel far too powerfully it is almost as though she has her Binary powers.

AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very fun episode, though I'm curious about the inclusion of Quasar. Is she still Mahr Vehl's hybrid daughter in this universe?

[top]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay episode. I'm not too familiar with Michael Korvac; probably why I didn't enjoy it as much as most people did.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A good adaptation of the story of Michael Korvac, showing once more that the creative team of the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes excell at adapting Marvel stories to the medium. There were several notable differences; originally, Korvac was a cyborg created by the Badoon in Earth's future, and brought to the 20th Century by the Grandmaster, as one of his pawns. Corinna was originally the daughter of the Collector. While a sad ending, its not as sad as the ending of the Korvac Saga as portrayed in the Avengers.

* Interesting that Wasp's first comment to the police was to ask whether or not they've contacted SWORD, and then she herself doesn't do so.

* Its nice to see that Wasp recognizes what a brat she was to Hank last episode ("To Steal An Ant-Man").

* Captain AmeriSkrull has requested some time off to locate some World War II buddies; we know that's a lie, so what is he really doing?

* Poor Groot, continually shredded in battle. True, he regenerates, but that has to hurt something awful!

* In the mainstream Marvel Universe, Phylla-Vell is the daughter of the original Captain Marvel (the Kree Mar-Vell) and Elysius, an Earth Eternal. However, in the AEMH universe, Captain Mar-Vell is quite different, and the Eternals have yet to be introduced, so we have no confirmation of her origin or species.

* This episode was dedicated to the late Boyd Kirkland.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lord View Post
    Okay episode. I'm not too familiar with Michael Korvac; probably why I didn't enjoy it as much as most people did.
    I don't know. I don't know much about any of the Guardians or Korvac, and thats why this episode was intereresting for me, because I would like to get to know them more, but maybe thats just me.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast