toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Ultimate Spider-Man "Exclusive"

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

5 21.74%
  • ****1/2

6 26.09%

5 21.74%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 4.35%
  • **1/2

1 4.35%

3 13.04%
  • *1/2

1 4.35%

1 4.35%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The villain was Zzzax. He's a Hulk rogue that has been around since the 70's. He also appeared in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the 1990's Hulk animated series.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't like that the majority of the episode was "on camera" because it got old pretty fast and only had a few moments that were visually interesting.

Otherwise this episode was pretty entertaining and gives me hope this show can still grow on me.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Omeganian is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A camera with a night vision option, but a memory card that fills up after less than twenty minutes of recording?

Frontier is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I chalked the recharging up to Zzzax zapping it.

Silverbolt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEclipse View Post
    This was the first episode where I really got a "Spider-man" vibe from the show. Partly because the other "teen heroes" had no screen time and because Spidey seemed smart and used his knowledge of science to defeat his enemy.

Agree completely. Easily the best episode of the series. If this was the show, Spidey teaming up with Marvel characters (similar to Batman BatB) it would work well. Sure it had some elements that I didn't really care for, like the camera and MJ's reporting. I guess that bothers me mainly because I don't remember MJ ever wanting to be a reporter outside of this series.

The last two episodes have worked, and they've had the same Spidey, one other hero, villian approach with minimal cut away and forced jokes.

Its when they try to shoe horn in five or more heroes cutaways that don't really add anything and really forced jokes that this series clunks.

I still think its the worst super hero show in the DC/Marvel blocks but at least its showing some improvement.

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode :anime:
    Good to have Hulk and Zzzax to appear in the show,I also like that Hulk speaks in 3rd Person again
    I enjoy the funny scenes with Spiderman and Hulk XD
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite episode of the lot

Spider-Man unmasking in front of the camera -----> Spectacular Spider-Man 10

One con: Camera P.o.V
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

RoyalRubble is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Undoubtedly the best episode yet. The story focuses more on Spider-man and the Incredible Hulk (this adventure's guest star) and surprisingly even on Mary-Jane Watson, a little. The story is fairly simple, but compared to the previous episodes, this one is the best. After a short fight between Spidey and the Hulk, the two team-up to fight the real menace, Zzzax. All this being recorded by Mary-Jane as her entry for a job at the Daily Bugle. But what I liked the most about this episode is that, unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time since the early 80s that both Spidey and the Hulk appear in the same cartoon. It's been 30 years since their first encounter in animation, in Spider-man and his Amazing Friends' "Spidey Goes Hollywood" episode. Personally I liked both of the Spidey/Hulk team-ups and can't really say which one is better.

Spidey also felt more like his usual self this time. Most of his jokes worked this time, he uses his knowledge of science to figure out a way to defeat Zzzax, and both his and Peter Parker's relationship with MJ seems to be growing a little. Plus seeing him trying to convince the Hulk to work together was pretty funny. The other teen heroes only appear in a short scene in the beginning, which made the rest of the episode more enjoyable. Nick Fury and SHIELD appear towards the end of the episode but don't really get to do too much and it's still Spidey who gets to save the day. That, and the fact the episode didn't have any of those often unfunny cutaway scenes, made this a pretty great episode. Also it will be interesting to see how MJ's story will develop if she will actually become part of J. Jonah Jameson's crew at the Daily Bugle.

Much better than the previous episodes, but still flawed. I guess the only thing I didn't really like was the Hulk's design. He looked very bland, nothing about it made him stand out. But his voice actor, Fred Tatasciore does a great job, as usual. Another thing that sort of bothered me was that pretty much the entire episode was from the MJ's camera point of view, which at first I thought it was pretty cool but it got boring by the middle of the episode. Nothing to complain about, other than that. I hope this episode is only a glimpse of what is to come. I think the show still has potential to become better than this though, but even if the next episodes will be at least as entertaining as this one then I'll be satisfied.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When did Mary-Jane Watson become Lois Lane? XD

Good episode. Nice to see more Marvel superheroes make an appearance, although I'm a little disappointed that Fred Tatasciore's Hulk growls aren't as strong as in previous appearances, even compared to Avengers EMH.

I will admit that I enjoyed this more than the Avengers EMH episode that aired in the same week.

EDIT: Oh yeah, nice to see J. Jonah Jameson make an appearance aside from slandering Spidey on the billboards. Hopefully this means he'll have bigger appearances in the future.

firefoxprime is offline 90s = Golden Years
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    I don't like that the majority of the episode was "on camera" because it got old pretty fast and only had a few moments that were visually interesting.

Otherwise this episode was pretty entertaining and gives me hope this show can still grow on me.
    Nah...I'm gonna have to agree with Andrew on this one. Whether Spidey has teammates or family guy-esque moments, those factors haven't bothered me "tremendously", yet. The shakey cam was an okay gimmick, but like said before, it got old really really really fast. Also, the battle didn't go any where. It stayed right on site. Basically felt like SKYLINE. Yeah, I said it.

The jokes were great. But Hulk's design was a bit -meh-. Honestly, Mary Jane really felt 10x more obtrusive than those previous cut-out visual joke scenes. So yeah, this has been the weakest episode for me so far. To those who enjoyed it, good for you. Majority are those who needed a personal breather from the bombardment of cut out jokes.
    Anime currently watching:

Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast