toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - "X-Men Anime"

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

2 33.33%
  • ****1/2

1 16.67%

2 33.33%
  • ***1/2

1 16.67%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Marvel Anime: X-Men" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    X-Men Anime arrives on home video!

X-MEN ANIME
    Release Date:
    April 24th, 2012
    Studio: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Synopsis: The X-Men are reunited following the death of a teammate and are summoned by Charles Xavier to Japan following the abduction of Hisako Ichiki. There, they confront the U-Men, a lunatic cult that steals and transplants mutant organs to further strengthen its own army, and the battle for justice is on. Discovering a series of bizarre occurrences in the area they X-Men investigate only to be confronted with a terrible truth that will force them to confront long buried secrets. X-Men Anime features the voice of actor Scott Porter as Cyclops

Bonus Features:
    • Re-Examining The X-Men takes viewers behind-the-scenes of creating X-Men’s mutant tales.
    • X-Men: A Team of Outsiders provides an in-depth exploration of Marvel’s most heroic and infamous mutants.
    • Special Talk Session round table discussion with the creators of Marvel anime's X-Men and Blade.

Discuss the DVD release and included episodes here!

Related Discussion:
    -Marvel Anime Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen 1 or two episodes on G4 but have yet to sink my teeth into this show, so I picked it up at Best Buy for only $15 (cheap for anime) and I plan on watching it a little later on this week. I'm very excited, I loved the X-Men cartoon from the 80's and I was a big fan of the Wolverine and the X-Men show from a couple years back so this set was a must for me, too bad it's only 1 season at 12 episodes....

Any chance for a 2nd season of the Marvel anime shows anytime soon?

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    I've seen 1 or two episodes on G4 but have yet to sink my teeth into this show, so I picked it up at Best Buy for only $15 (cheap for anime) and I plan on watching it a little later on this week. I'm very excited, I loved the X-Men cartoon from the 80's and I was a big fan of the Wolverine and the X-Men show from a couple years back so this set was a must for me, too bad it's only 1 season at 12 episodes....

Any chance for a 2nd season of the Marvel anime shows anytime soon?
    Are you talking about the Pryde of the X-Men​ pilot, or the 90s series?

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Are you talking about the Pryde of the X-Men​ pilot, or the 90s series?
    That was a mistake from me, I mean the 90's series that ran on Fox during the mid-90's. My bad.

Either which way, this new X-Men anime rocks so far, I'm 5 episodes into it and enjoying every last second of it and really hope we see more Marvel anime in the near future.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, by the way Manga4life, stay after the credits for the final episode. Theres a little bonus scene.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Knightmare is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just watched this last night, I really enjoyed it and I hope they make more episodes of it. And to be honest I really enjoyed this series more than I did Wolverine and the X-Men, W&tX was a good show, I just found the X-Men Anime to be more enjoyable.
    Who knows what is really real..... that's the true question in life.

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've only seen the first two episodes, but wow, this show is WAY better than the Iron Man one. I really can't wait to watch more. Also, kinda neat thing about the DVD, it plays the subbed Japanese version as default. Just thought that was neat for a show like this.
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Holy crap, it defaults to the actual audio track for the series? Wow Marvel, that's the best thing you've ever done. Bravo!
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those interested, NickandMore has a review of the new two-disc X-Men Anime DVD release available to read here!

GoldenSaint is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice review, though there's one detail worth pointing out: Warren Ellis only came up with the plot outlines for X-men as well as those of all four Marvel Anime series.

The episode scripts were directly written by the different Japanese staff members, not him, and Ellis has basically dismissed taking credit for the final product, for better or for worse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast