toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - AEMH "Welcome to the Kree Empire"

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

13 56.52%
  • ****1/2

1 4.35%

7 30.43%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 4.35%
  • **1/2

0 0%

1 4.35%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Let's not get into the whole what isn't/ what is in continuity again. This isn't the thread for it.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a really good episode, finally the Kree-Skrull storyline is kicking into gear. Ms. Marvel was awesome here, I loved how ready for action and kick-ass she was. I wasn't expecting her to join the Avengers in this episode, but I'm glad she did since they finally have another woman in the group. Now all they gotta do is add Black Widow. It was also really cool to see Agent Brand and SWORD. I was half-expecting her to call Beast at some point for help with the AI, but I guess the world at large isn't ready for those two together yet.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode, I love the fact that Hulk is willing to take messages. Ms. Marvel was done very well, and I'm surprised she accepted Iron Man's offer to join the Avengers (I thought she was going to go the Rhodey-route and decide to work for the government or SWORD or something), but it makes sense that if they're doing Civil War to have more heroes.

Glad to see we're getting more Kree exposure, Ronan in particular was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    So, this show has the early Avengers, it has the Hulk, it has Captain America and it has Mar-Vell. And yet, no sign of Rick Jones as of yet. I suppose I'm probably the only one who finds that odd, though.
    Wasn't he in the Hulk micro-episode? I keep saying I want him in the Avengers movie since all we got was a brief reference to him in Incredible Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
    So yeah Marvel, Ms M is good. I don't care if you can the show for a new one but please don't get rid of her in favor of Widow. You want her to be your Wonder Woman don't you? Don't you?
    I prefer She-Hulk as Marvel's Wonder Woman, but then again, I guess Carol is more popular than her male counterpart while Jen isn't.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Wasn't he in the Hulk micro-episode? I keep saying I want him in the Avengers movie since all we got was a brief reference to him in Incredible Hulk.
    Spoiler:
    He isn't.

He was in the original script for Incredible Hulk but they wrote him out because Ed Norton thought the character was stupid. I get the sense that's how a lot of people feel about Jones, since in general "teen sidekick" characters in genre narratives tend to be widely disliked. Look at how people flip out whenever they add a teen human to the cast of a Transformers show or movie, for instance.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan

I prefer She-Hulk as Marvel's Wonder Woman, but then again, I guess Carol is more popular than her male counterpart while Jen isn't.
    I can't see either one as Marvel's Wonder Woman since both are female counterparts to other characters. Marvel does seem to be trying to amend that by making Ms. Marvel their new Captain Marvel and giving her a new ongoing.

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The welcome wagon is denied!

Ms. Marvel is introduced, Captain Mar-vell returns with his Kree buddies, and everything goes bad.

I'm a little torn on Mar-vell. I agree he may be selling Earth short, but there also the fact that Earth may be underestimating the kree. After all, he's a part of their Military. Don't you think he would know their capabilities? Then again, there was no Damocles in orbit when he left.

Things will get ugly soon.

I like Agent Brand and her way of...dealing with technology (threatening to shoot it). I'm sure we've all been there.
    The Hypocrite Rises....

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Now that Agent Brand is around I want Beast to show up to have that weird yet fun moment with her, "Pretty much want to break you like a pony. It's win-win." Though that might be too suggestive. But Wolverine is going to be in this series, so who knows.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

ifthismeansevos is offline It's been a while.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Director?

Hello I come here just after seeing the very first part of the episode, I noticed the name of the director is Boyd Kirkland, but Mr. Kirkland has been dead for more than a year...What is happening here?
    We come from a bad place.

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ifthismeansevos View Post
    Hello I come here just after seeing the very first part of the episode, I noticed the name of the director is Boyd Kirkland, but Mr. Kirkland has been dead for more than a year...What is happening here?
    Avengers originally started production on 52 episodes starting in 2008 so Boyd had worked on these episodes quite some time ago.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I think a lot of these episodes were already in the can over a year ago. Remember, the show was in hiatus for basically an entire year. Regardless, I'm glad we are seeing these episodes now and Boyd's legacy and work ethic will live in through shows like this.

From my understanding the season premiere episode directed by Gary Hartle was the last Marvel thing he did before he started working with Hasbro Studios/The Hub on Kaijudo.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678