toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - AEMH "Welcome to the Kree Empire"

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

13 56.52%
  • ****1/2

1 4.35%

7 30.43%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 4.35%
  • **1/2

0 0%

1 4.35%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Loved this one and seeing Agent Brand in animation was awesome! I wish she had her hair down though, can't say I was a huge fan of it tied up. This one was really good, I'm going to miss this show...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

JLApe is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For a while, I thought Agent Brand was a Skrull. Then I looked her up. Stand corrected. Alien, yes; Skrull, no.

No fan of the Kree myself (if I had a choice, I'd serve the Skrulls (even under duress)), but Ronan is AWEsome. So was Ms. Marvel.

I too am curious as to the one in the cell next to Mar-Vell, who turn to look at Ms. Marvel as she is leaving.

Nice to see Skrull Cap in his true form. Would love a screen capture of the final shot.

Wonder how are the replaced characters doing (Viper, Cap, Invisible Woman, etc.)? Presumably, the Skrulls didn't kill them.

Medinnus is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLApe View Post
    Nice to see Skrull Cap in his true form. Would love a screen capture of the final shot.
    Will do - I'll PM you the URL tomorrow.

EDIT - Worlds Finest beat me to it!

http://worldsfinestonline.tumblr.com...vengers-earths
    Last edited by Medinnus; 04-23-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Avengers is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLApe View Post
    I too am curious as to the one in the cell next to Mar-Vell, who turn to look at Ms. Marvel as she is leaving.
    That was Kang, at the end of his story last season they removed the purple/green gear so he is just grey with a blue head

Webbed-Wonder is offline Still thwipping!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome episode, things are heating up for the upcoming invasions. I liked seeing SWORD and Henry Gyrich. And Ms. Marvel finally joins the team!
    "So you don't like names, huh? Well, that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me, you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon, with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!"

araffa13045 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was kinda of a let down to me imo compared to last week's. I do hope to see more of the Kree. I liked seeing SWORD in play and Ms Marval and her joining the team. The fight seen was a little weak though. Overall an OK episode
    New signature!.... I know its lame

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if that's all we'll see from Kang this season or if he'll be able to break out and return to major villain status. I guess a better question would be, with what episodes we have left until episode 13 and thus until the new creative team takes over and stand-alone episodes become the norm, will Kang actually have time to do anything?

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    I don't think Mar-Vell was necessarily naive, since the alternative to the humans surrendering was being wiped out by the Kree. I'm not saying Mar-Vell was right, but it would've been nice if the Avengers or Carol at least tried to look at it from his perspective. All he wanted to do was keep the Kree from launching an invasion of Earth and kill millions, but he failed to prevent that and got locked up for his troubles.
    In the Bold: maybe in a future episode they'll reflect on things a bit and be more sympathetic to his feelings.

Aquaman OS is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dear God, that was just amazing. Ms Marvel's animated debut as a serious heroine (as opposed to the jokey tsundere Ms M of SHS, and the 5 minute flashback Rogue power battery of the X-men series) and they pretty much nailed her. Also, that blonde agent that kind of looked like Carol on the Damocles at the end of the Kang Dynasty actually was Carol, so hah to everyone who said I was wrong.

Of course they still just brought her back out of the blue and just kind of said "Yeah, she's got full powers and is Ms Marvel now" when the last time we saw her she was floating uncontrollably. And they also never mentioned her since, which could be kind of jarring for people that follow the show casually if not for the recaps.

Skrull Cap almost broke his cover there, but he seemed to recover with his "Humanity will never surrender" line. He's actually blending in well, were it not for the fact that we all know he's a Skrull already, I probably wouldn't have noticed, as they haven't gone out of their way to make him look off much. He even fooled Cap's arch enemy last ep.

I found it kind of odd they locked Captain Marvel up in their supervillain prison though. He really was just trying to help, and even though he doesn't seem to grasp humanity completely, he still took a blast for Carol, and didn't really attack them much. Locking him away like a common villian seems rather cruel, although it was probably for a more story related reason, where he'll be stuck until the plot needs him again as otherwise he'd either be running around off screen, or he'd have to be on the team, and they don't need him since Carol just joined and her version of his powers are apparantly better anyway.

Low roster count again, although it helped Carol stand out, which was good. Also got a small chuckle out of picturing Commander Shepard punching out Harbinger at the end there.

So yeah Marvel, Ms M is good. I don't care if you can the show for a new one but please don't get rid of her in favor of Widow. You want her to be your Wonder Woman don't you? Don't you?

Marvelman02 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't know much about Ronan the Accuser, but I never got the impression that he was so powerful that he could defeat both the Hulk and Iron Man at the same time. Someone correct if I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good episode with lots of actions, though I am surprised that Ronan was captured, Ms Marvel was portrayed as being extremely more powerful than I remember her in her own comic series. Seems as though everyone gets locked up in the end, surprised that Ronan didn't escape by teleporting out of trouble. All those villains will eventually escape, I just don't like the way that the Avengers seems to be able to defeat nearly every body and lock them up.

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was that Mary Elizabeth McGylnn as Agent Brand? I'm pretty sound it sounded like her at least since she perfect for those military types

Anyways, It looks like the Kree-Skrull War will be making it's way to Earth pretty soon. With everyone saying how they would have liked to see a bit more diplomacy from Earth, this is a spot where you would wonder how Hank could have diffused the problem, or at least buy some time. But then again, I doubt Cap Skrull would have given him much of a chance.

I also enjoyed seeing Ms. Marvel (with Jennier Hale of course ) I read a little bit of her 2005 series when I had the free month of Marvel Online Comics so I do like her a bit.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, Keith Szarabajka's on a roll! First as Living Laser in USM, now as Ronan the Accuser! Not my favorite voice for him so far, though he did a good job. Jennifer Hale did a good job as Miss Marvel as well.

Nice to see the show get back to the Kree/Skrull storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    * "We're going in hot, boys" - Carol Danvers. Like she could go in any other way...
    Tee-hee.

JLApe is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lord View Post
    Wow, Keith Szarabajka's on a roll! First as Living Laser in USM, now as Ronan the Accuser! Not my favorite voice for him so far, though he did a good job.
    He was the veteran cop in The Dark Knight who tries to teach Joker a lesson but ends up getting owned by him.

Medinnus is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Microheroes under the SPOILER tags.

Spoiler:

Carol Danvers
    Agent of S.W.O.R.D.

Henry Gyrich
    Govt. Liaison

Agent Brand

Last edited by Medinnus; 04-23-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Hiding images

JLApe is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
    Skrull Cap almost broke his cover there, but he seemed to recover with his "Humanity will never surrender" line.
    Come to think of it, the real Cap wouldn't put it that way. More fitting choices would be along the lines of "We the people...".

Choppasmith is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub C View Post
    Was that Mary Elizabeth McGylnn as Agent Brand? I'm pretty sound it sounded like her at least since she perfect for those military types
    I was going to say the same thing. Really cool to hear her voice. Haven't heard it in quite a while.

Anyway, great episode. Can't unsee Carol Danvers as Samus Aran though. Don't know why. But as said above, it's great to see a LONG overdue proper Miss Marvel in animation.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jph139 View Post
    Yeah, from Mar-Vell's perspective, Earth has two options - A) be wiped out by the Kree Empire or B) PROBABLY be wiped out by the Kree Empire.

Yeah, some choice.

But still, Mar-Vell underestimates Earth. Earth has the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the Defenders, the X-Men, etc. He needs a bit more faith.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode :anime:
    Good to see SWORD and Ronan appear in the show as well as Miss Marvel joining Avengers
    the action scenes are awesome
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman02 View Post
    I really don't know much about Ronan the Accuser, but I never got the impression that he was so powerful that he could defeat both the Hulk and Iron Man at the same time. Someone correct if I'm wrong.
    Well, he's tussled with all four members of the Fantastic Four at the same time, so he's definitely a tough customer - I'd put him alongside the Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, etc. (In fact, he was put alongside them as one of THE GALAXY'S MIGHTIEST HEROES not too long ago in the comics.) The Universal Weapon offers pretty wide use of cosmic energies, he has basic Kree tech that outclasses anything on Earth, and is generally a hardy and dedicated military man.

I don't think he could beat the Hulk head-on, but he could probably keep him at bay for a while and is definitely stronger than Iron Man.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast