toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - USM "Flight of the Iron Spider"

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

1 5.00%
  • ****1/2

2 10.00%

4 20.00%
  • ***1/2

6 30.00%

1 5.00%
  • **1/2

2 10.00%

1 5.00%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 5.00%

2 10.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Reckless and stupid, more than the previous episodes
    I guess I'll agree with the one annoyed by how much JJ talks on the big screen against Spider-Man
    Why should Pete stay away from Iron Man if Fury wants to train him to be another Iron Man? Or Cap?

Geek catch of the episode:
    Spidey talking to Iron Man how to track TLL, similar to the talk they had in Tony's flashback in USM 150

Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto Musashi View Post
    Why should Pete stay away from Iron Man if Fury wants to train him to be another Iron Man? Or Cap?
    For that matter, why is Stark bothering with Spider-Man? If he really wants to make suits of armor that have nothing to do with the native abilities of the person in the armor (IE their super-powers), then why doesn't he just crank out the equivalent of the Guardsman armor and train a non-powered SHIELD Agent to use it; they'd be just as much use as Peter Parker, as the "Iron Spider" battlesuit operates the same whether the person inside is Spider-Man or not.

Rick Jones is offline Trickin' N Treatin'
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode felt like a take on the old story seen in so many other cartoons and kid shows where a character gets some attention from a cooler, older or more popular kid and forgets about their real friends or support system in the midst of their ego trip. It was nothing new or particularly special but I still found myself enjoying the episode a lot more than I didn't. I really liked the Iron Man portrayal and Adrian Pasdar seemed like a much better fit here than I thought he was during the dub of the anime series. It was also kind of fun to see his womanizing ways played up here in contrast to how he's typically seen in AEMH. I thought the action sequences in the last third were really well done and if I had any quibbles there, it was probably due to them slipping two lines of bragging into Pete's dialogue during what was his redemption arc. I liked a few of the cutaways (alternate Spideys, Iron Man's origin, Pete's costume repair) but there was still some stuff that didn't work for me (the Iron Man cherubs come to mind). I really hope that they do more with the overall character development soon as they still seem to be playing to basic archetypes here when I'd really like to see more of the characters' backgrounds and motivations revealed.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I had fun with the episode. I enjoyed the SHS scenes as well as finally seeing an animated SHS Spidey which is funny since he's been featured in the toy line but he never made it into the cartoon since I think Spider-Man's TV/animation rights were still with Sony at the time. Peter geeking out over Iron Man was funny.

For some reason I don't know why my favorite bit of animation was seeing Peter doing that arm wave when he was talking to his teammates about the armor being the answer to their problems. Usually we don't see physical movements like that in animation.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would have to say that this episode is a litter more serious than the earlier episodes. At least in this episode, the fight with the Living Laser did not have any cutaway scenes or anything that would take the moment away. So that's an improvement.
    "With great power comes with great - Gullibility!" - The Spectacular Spider-Man

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another nit... presumably, the Living Laser travels at the speed of light; when he was chasing Iron Man, why did it take him more than a split second (literally) to catch him? Oh, right... bad writing

Rick Jones is offline Trickin' N Treatin'
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that might be a little beyond a nitpick.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that's something you need to deal with with superspeed in animation in general... I mean, it's naturally inconsistent. Look at Superman - sometimes he can be across the city in the blink of an eye, sometimes he has to struggle to catch up with a missile or something. Sometimes you need to bend the rules to make things work right.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another decent episode, this show as yet to really wow me and I doubt it ever will, but I still enjoy it. It was awesome to see the Iron Spider suit though, made sense that Peter couldn't control though, since he can't even drive a car. I really liked this version of Iron Man. Finally we get to see the womanizing side to him that's lacking in A: EMH, and I think the Iron Man design here is much better than the ones in A: EMH. Pasdar did a much better job of voicing Tony here than in the anime, bout on the same level as Loomis for me, still prefer Marc Worden from the Ultimate Avengers movies to both of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWay2008 View Post
    I would have to say that this episode is a litter more serious than the earlier episodes. At least in this episode, the fight with the Living Laser did not have any cutaway scenes or anything that would take the moment away. So that's an improvement.
    There was that one cut-scene with Spidey turning into a toaster and another showing him sewing in Spidey suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Another decent episode, this show as yet to really wow me and I doubt it ever will, but I still enjoy it. It was awesome to see the Iron Spider suit though, made sense that Peter couldn't control though, since he can't even drive a car. I really liked this version of Iron Man. Finally we get to see the womanizing side to him that's lacking in A: EMH, and I think the Iron Man design here is much better than the ones in A: EMH. Pasdar did a much better job of voicing Tony here than in the anime, bout on the same level as Loomis for me, still prefer Marc Worden from the Ultimate Avengers movies to both of them though.

There was that one cut-scene with Spidey turning into a toaster and another showing him sewing in Spidey suit.
    Oh, yeah. But they weren't really over the top. I should have been more specific and said there weren't any cutaway scenes during the fight in the end. lol
    "With great power comes with great - Gullibility!" - The Spectacular Spider-Man

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast