I feel like this show is almost getting there. We've got Spider-Man meeting the guest star of the week, getting a taste of their world, going a bit overboard, and then learning his lesson. I do hope that with time we see a change in the character, but I'm fine with it for now.

I also loved the fantasy sequence of Spidey in a tux. I don't remember the issue, but there's one comic book where Spider-Man is wondering what it would like if he and Black Cat (I think) had a family, and they all looked like baby versions of him. That's definitely Spider-Man-type humor, Deadpool doesn't own completely ridiculous and off-the wall fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
Two things: The Superhero Squad Show bits were hilarious and Adrian Pasdar has gotten better at voicing Tony Stark/Iron Man and I say this as someone that watched two episodes of the Iron Man anime today.
I was thinking the same, he's definitely more comfortable with this style of writing over the anime. Also, was there a Nathan Petrelli reference to the way he flew off in the beginning of the ep?

Quote Originally Posted by JTMarsh View Post
Look on the bright side guys - this show probably won't last more than two seasons given the short life span of cartoons, especially action cartoons.
And will end with unresolved plotlines like the last four Spider-Man cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by young101 View Post
And then another thing I'd like to mention. Sure, spiderman has been depicted as a loner before and this show is contradicting that, but did we not see that too for batman in batman brave and the bold? We even got an episode (legends of the dark mite) where the creators essentially defended their interpretation of batman to the audience. So is it so hard to do the same for spiderman?
The difference being up until very recently (the last 10 years or so when Marvel decided to push Spider-Man's cash cow potential to the limits and put him on teams like the Avengers and the Fantastic Four), Batman was WAY more of a team player than Spider-Man, working with multiple sidekicks and having been on the Justice League for decades and more open with his secret identity. While Spider-Man has had team-up after team-up, he almost never reveals his secret identity (not even to the Fantastic Four) and wouldn't join a team for any significant length of time. Having a group of super powered teenagers that know his secret identity and interact with him both in his civilian life and in his superhero life isn't the kind of thing Spider-Man has been depicted as doing, at least not for most of his 50 year history.

However, I will agree with the argument that this show's Spider-Man is just as valid an interpretation of the character as the others.