toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    TheMadSlasher is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I know those aren't the character models, but rather the artist's rendition of them. Obviously the cartoon won't be as detailed as that promo art, but I do like the costume choices so far, especially the fact that Hawkeye'll probably have his Ultimate/movie costume, hopefully with his 616 personality though.
    As long as by 616 personality you mean the one before Bendis and co. turned him into a self-loathing daddy-issues-riddled trainwreck, I'm totally on board with that.

Rebellious, Snarky, Renegade Hawkeye is good Hawkeye. Chester-Bennington-Posing-As-Hawkeye is NOT good Hawkeye.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post

As a Hawkeye traditionalist, I hope he'll look like a superhero in the next cartoon.
    Almost certainly not. They've now gone to the trouble to make even the comic book version look like Jeremy Renner so there's no way he's not gonna be decked out in leather spy gear, especially since that's now the public's image of him. If that article was correct and the show is literally a continuation of the movie, then it's even less likely he'll be wearing his purple pirate duds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Almost certainly not. They've now gone to the trouble to make even the comic book version look like Jeremy Renner so there's no way he's not gonna be decked out in leather spy gear, especially since that's now the public's image of him. If that article was correct and the show is literally a continuation of the movie, then it's even less likely he'll be wearing his purple pirate duds.
    I'll be happy if they take his movie costume and replace the brown with purple. Reasonable compromise, I'd think.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadSlasher View Post
    I'll be happy if they take his movie costume and replace the brown with purple. Reasonable compromise, I'd think.
    That's more or less what he has on in the comics, and I agree.
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...1326311515.jpg

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadSlasher

As long as by 616 personality you mean the one before Bendis and co. turned him into a self-loathing daddy-issues-riddled trainwreck, I'm totally on board with that.

Rebellious, Snarky, Renegade Hawkeye is good Hawkeye. Chester-Bennington-Posing-As-Hawkeye is NOT good Hawkeye.
    That's the one. Essentially what we've been getting in EMH, but with a cooler costume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    That's the one. Essentially what we've been getting in EMH, but with a cooler costume.
    I basically agree, even if I wanted to see Clint get punched in the face when he was a dismissive.. erm... not-nice-person.. to Peter Parker. And the slight hazing behavior towards Ms. Marvel.

But those are my only two complaints and I'd take EMH Hawkeye over "DADDY DIDN'T LOVE ME SO I PINE FOR CAP'S APPROVAL!!!" Hawkeye that we're getting in the comics these days.
    Last edited by TheMadSlasher; 06-07-2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3