toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    TheMadSlasher is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    Y'know, something just occurred to me - perhaps, knowing that AEMH was not going to have a third season, Loeb might have given us a good completion to the second season, instead of an incomplete cliffhanger?
    I have to agree. If AEMH is to end after the second season, the ending should give closure. A nice finale and send-off.

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    Y'know, something just occurred to me - perhaps, knowing that AEMH was not going to have a third season, Loeb might have given us a good completion to the second season, instead of an incomplete cliffhanger?
    Given he's making his half of the season into stand-alone episodes I doubt there'd be a cliffhanger anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.C.Reaf View Post
    Given he's making his half of the season into stand-alone episodes I doubt there'd be a cliffhanger anyway.
    This is just an observation of mine, but given the first four episodes of season 2 and the early episode titles and descriptions of the next four... it kind of seems like to me the episodes are already pretty much standalone.

We had the Doctor Doom episode.

Then the episode with Tony Stark and AIM.

Then the Masters of Evil Episode.

And now we have the Ronan/Ms. Marvel episode.

It looks like we're then getting an Ant-Man solo episode.

Then the Korvac episode.

Then the "Who do you trust?" episode, which will presumably feature the Skrulls.

Then the Beta Ray Bill episode (out of order I know, but that's a seperate issue).

I really don't see how these episodes aren't already standalone enough. Is it because of the running plots- the buildup of the Kree-Skrull war, or maybe the presence of Cap-Skrull?

Not that this is a bad thing- the less difference we can see between episodes 1-39 and episodes 40-52, the better.

But it just seems weird to me that there's all this buzz about standalone episodes when the show seems to more or less be that way so far anyway. I suppose episodes 35-39 may be more connected, but we'll see.

Tommy Lawson is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    Look guys, until someone from Marvel or Disney officially comes out with a confirmation of this, this is all just fanboy speculation.

If you guys would just stop being paranoid, then we won't have anything to worry about. And if Avengers: EMH does get canceled, then I'll happily eat some crow over all this.
    You may have to eat crow, thanks to the June 2012 issue of Licensing Today Worldwide, which has previews of some properties that will be at Licensing Expo next week. In particular, on page 26 of the issue, there is an animated picture of The Avengers with different character designs that I've never seen before underneath the Ultimate Spider-man logo, with the words "Avengers Assemble" strongly implying a new animated series. There is also an interview with Simon Philips of Marvel International on pages 42 and 43 that is worth reading about the licensing strategy for The Avengers overall. Disney and Marvel may be announcing this show with a press release next Tuesday at Licensing Expo, although I think the possibility exists that "The" may be added to the series title to make it "The Avengers Assemble" to help Disney's and Marvel's marketing connect it with the movie.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It looks like we might not get one but TWO new Avengers series in 2013 if I read that article correctly. Holy crap. Though most likely the other series is an Iron Man series.

But yeah, I don't see how anyone can believe there's any hope for EMH after this. Next Tuesday we're probably gonna know what Marvel's plans are for 2013 other than USM and SMASH.

I don't know if it's anything I particularly want to see though. From what little we know, it's going to be basically the movie lineup and that doesn't interest me as much as a mixture of more famous and more obscure heroes working together.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    It looks like we might not get one but TWO new Avengers series in 2013 if I read that article correctly. Holy crap. Though most likely the other series is an Iron Man series.
    Yeah, i wouldn't get too excited, if I was you. Technically, with Spider-Man, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist all Avengers, the USM is technically an Avengers series; after BENDIS! took over and Marvel started expanding the franchise, almost everyone has become an Avenger at one time or another (not that they were horribly elitist before - I mean, D-Man? The Sandman? Every member of the Fantastic Four but the Human Torch, and even then the Original Human Torch from WWII was an Avenger...)

Its not the badge of honor it once was.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Lawson View Post
    You may have to eat crow, thanks to the June 2012 issue of Licensing Today Worldwide, which has previews of some properties that will be at Licensing Expo next week. In particular, on page 26 of the issue, there is an animated picture of The Avengers with different character designs that I've never seen before underneath the Ultimate Spider-man logo, with the words "Avengers Assemble" strongly implying a new animated series. There is also an interview with Simon Philips of Marvel International on pages 42 and 43 that is worth reading about the licensing strategy for The Avengers overall. Disney and Marvel may be announcing this show with a press release next Tuesday at Licensing Expo, although I think the possibility exists that "The" may be added to the series title to make it "The Avengers Assemble" to help Disney's and Marvel's marketing connect it with the movie.
    Those pictures are licensing art that a guy named Jeremy Roberts did for Marvel at least a year ago. In the description of each he says that they had to match the animated series, so it's possible that he talking about a yet to be announced cartoon, in which case at least the designs'll be awesome.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Those pictures are licensing art that a guy named Jeremy Roberts did for Marvel at least a year ago. In the description of each he says that they had to match the animated series, so it's possible that he talking about a yet to be announced cartoon, in which case at least the designs'll be awesome.
    Thats some nice looking art, if that's from the next series. Hopefully the writing will be worthy of the art.

AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    There's no way those are actual character models from the 'toon. So they're not any real indicator of what the show will actually look like beyond what costumes they'll be using.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So it's the movie line-up plus Falcon? He's probably just there to add some diversity but is there a chance this could mean he'd be showing up in a future movie? I know the writers of the first Cap movie said they really wanted to have Falcon as a sidekick in a sequel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast