Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on This Home Video Release!

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll

1 33.33%
  • ****1/2

1 33.33%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

1 33.33%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - The Complete First Season" Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Discuss this new Entertainment One Canada Blu-ray release collecting the first season of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - The Complete First Season
    Studio: Entertainment One Canada
    Release Date: April 17th, 2012

Synopsis: When the planet is threatened by super-villains, time traveling conquerors, mythical monsters or mad robots bent on the total destruction of humanity, when the forces of evil are so overwhelming that no single hero has the power to save the world, when there is no hope left… the Avengers assemble! Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man, Wasp and The Incredible Hulk. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes must band together to protect the world from a break-out of Super-Villains the likes of which no one has never seen. Only the Avengers can stand against this threat, and the fate of the world rests on their shoulders.

Blu-ray Bonus Features:
    - Interviews with Cast and Crew

Episodes Included:
    #26. A Day Unlike Any Other, #25. The Fall of Asgard, #24. This Hostage Earth, #23. The Ultron Imperative, #22. Ultron-5, #21. Hail, Hydra!, #20. The Casket of Ancient Winters, #19. The Kang Dynasty, #18. Come the Conqueror, #17. The Man Who Stole Tomorrow, #16. Widow's Sting, #15. 459, #14. Masters of Evil, #13. Gamma World, Part Two, #12. Gamma World, Part One, #11. Panther's Quest, #10. Everything is Wonderful, #9. Living Legend, #8. Some Assembly Required, #7. Breakout, Part Two, #6. Breakout, Part One, #5. The Man in the Ant Hill, #4. Meet Captain America, #3. Hulk Versus the World, #2. Thor the Mighty, #1. Iron Man is Born!

Please discuss the episodes in the appropriate talkbacks, links provided above. Please remember this thread is to discuss this Blu-ray release only.

Discuss This Blu-ray!

Related Threads:
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - The Complete First Season Blu-ray Review (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Season 1, Volume 2 DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Season 1, Volume 1 DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. Additionally, please don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

joltman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd love to have this on Blu, but it's $41 shipped to the US from Amazon.ca. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to get it to the US?

Aaron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well...

No new features, at all. "Canada" and French text all over the back.
    Nope. The die-hard collector in me refuses to get it.
    I'll keep holding out hope for an American release.
    And who knows, if I hold out long enough, the Canadian release will have become cheap enough that I can justify caving in and changing my mind.

BigEclipse is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm tempted but I'll try to hold out for a proper US release. In the interim I can catch season one in hd on Netflix.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got mine today, looking forward to watching all of season 1 again, as well as comparing it to the iTunes 720p version.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope and pray we get a US release for this.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm struggling to actually find this to buy online and ship to the UK. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was surprised to notice each episode is slightly longer, when viewing directly via the video files. It looks like a bit too much of the source video was recorded/encoded, and there is title information shown for each episode.

I posted images of the title information for all episodes at http://imageshack.us/g/856/00011m2tssnapshot001720.png/

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    I'm struggling to actually find this to buy online and ship to the UK. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Try Amazon Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    I was surprised to notice each episode is slightly longer, when viewing directly via the video files. It looks like a bit too much of the source video was recorded/encoded, and there is title information shown for each episode.

I posted images of the title information for all episodes at http://imageshack.us/g/856/00011m2tssnapshot001720.png/

Try Amazon Canada.
    30 bucks only? Sounds like a bargain to me! I'd buy it if it weren't for the import price.

When you say that the videos are longer, do you mean that there's actual unreleased content?

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan93 View Post
    When you say that the videos are longer, do you mean that there's actual unreleased content?
    There is 30 seconds extras before each episode, which seems to been been mistakenly recorded from the source video. There is no extra content in the actual episodes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast