toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - AEMH "Acts of Vengeance"

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll

20 62.50%
  • ****1/2

7 21.88%

4 12.50%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 3.13%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Clancarty View Post
    I thought that it was an excellent ep, much much better than last weeks.
    Agreed, I found "Alone Against A.I.M." a bit boring despite the presence of War Machine and the fact that it furthered Maria Hill's storyline. This episode was one of the best yet, the storyboarding, editing and visuals were all a huge improvement over last week's episode and the writing was great too: from Zemo putting (almost) all of his faith in the man he believed to be his honorable arch-nemesis, to Black Panther continuing to encourage Wonder Man, and so on.

I thought Wonder Man was entirely dependent on Enchantress for keeping his form stable so I was a little bit surprised to see him fully intact here, but at the same time I knew that there'd be more to come from him. I really hope this wasn't his last appearance. If that was meant to be the end of him, then I'm very disappointed that more wasn't made of it, as T'Challa seemed to be the only one who cared about what he had done for them. I'm staying hopeful that he'll return and either join the team or become a part-timer!

If that ending is any indication, the Surtur arc looks like it could be big - he made me think of Trigon from Teen Titans. I guess the next Enchantress episode will be the one where Thor returns to Earth, or maybe the Kree/Skrull war will be what lures him back?
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yikes. I almost felt sorry for Amora there at the end.

This is no doubt one of the best cartoons out there today.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The episode was a definite step up from the disappointing first two of the season, but still, as with Alone Against AIM, there were a few nitpicks and gaffes in logic.

For one, I think it would have helped the feel if we hadn't gotten confirmation that the villains Enchantress attacked survived. They should have kept it vague, ala Grey Gargoyle. The Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned plot lost some of it's juice once we saw her constantly threatening to slaughter people only to find that she let them live for no apparent reason.

I'm reminded of a joke someone made about Azula in the Last Airbender, in that she was constantly threatening to kill people and bragging about how easily she could execute anyone who displeased her, and yet for censorship reasons we never actually saw her kill anyone at any point during the series' run.

Avengers is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    For one, I think it would have helped the feel if we hadn't gotten confirmation that the villains Enchantress attacked survived. They should have kept it vague, ala Grey Gargoyle. The Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned plot lost some of it's juice once we saw her constantly threatening to slaughter people only to find that she let them live for no apparent reason.

As I recall they never acknowledged if Zola or laser survived in fact she even said Zola made a fatal mistake, could be wrong but i'm pretty sure the only person thats life was discussed was Chemistro, the rest had their fates described but no final word was provided.

I'm reminded of a joke someone made about Azula in the Last Airbender, in that she was constantly threatening to kill people and bragging about how easily she could execute anyone who displeased her, and yet for censorship reasons we never actually saw her kill anyone at any point during the series' run.

I know I shouldn't get off topic but she did technically kill the avatar for like three minutes....

Sockie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They talked about Living Laser as though he were still alive. And as for Zola, he looked pretty intact--even his chest screen was still on. Pretty sure if he were dead, he would have looked more trashed.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They should have kept it vague, ala Grey Gargoyle. The Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned plot lost some of it's juice once we saw her constantly threatening to slaughter people only to find that she let them live for no apparent reason.
    Perhaps she finds outright slaughter boring and unsubtle; making Chemistro a statue of living gold, trapped in that form until she decides to either torment him again or show mercy and end his suffering. Likewise, the Living Laser trapped in his form of solid light. As for the Gray Gargoyle, I wouldn't have killed him either, if only so he could keep re-stoning Karnilla to keep her from revenge. As regards Zola, for all we know she did kill him, and his system rebooted - we don't know how his inhuman (no relation) biology works, except its somewhat biomechanical as well. We just don't know.

Slaughter is the province of the Executioner, for whom she shows scant regard.

Dustellar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gray Gargoyle is alive...in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes Adventures.

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode :anime:
    The fight scenes were awesome,Shame that Wonderman died hopefully alive like in the comics
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    And more practically, they don't have water/ice on the moon, so it had to be somewhere terrestrial.

In other notes:

• Are the black highlights on Chemistro's uniform an actual change in costume, or supposed to be shadowing from the darkness? Hard to tell, although I'm going to go with "animator mistake".
    • Seeing the Enchantress' arm wither from chemical burns and then become healed upon the instant was cool.
    • I'm assuming that Balder saying "Twilight" refers to Ragnarok - I mean, the moves were bad, but bad enough to kill all the dwarves? Must be Ragnarok... but then, the Twilight movies are almost that bad...
    Yeah I mentioned the ice thing in my earlier post.
    • The black highlights were most likely shadowing, since other characters on the show have them as well. For example, Captain America has them on his mask.
    • Chemistro turned the Enchantress' arm to wood.
    • Balder was probably referring to Surtur's sword, since it is named Twilight.

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was indeed a good episode, but sometimes its the little things that irk me.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    I thought Wonder Man was entirely dependent on Enchantress for keeping his form stable so I was a little bit surprised to see him fully intact here
    Actually what i found off was that he was working for Zemo and not enchantress... afterall, Wonderman is under the impression that enchantresses magic is what is holding him together; as such working for zemo serves him no good. If Anything, he should working for Echantress believing that she is all that holds him together. Hell, if I recall, first thing she says to him is that he magic brought him back but only so long as she wills it. If that were true, she could end him in an instant, if its not and she was partially lying, than he would not need to serve anyone.

Indeed. It really takes away the tension when a mad villian who should normally have no qualms about killing someone, just plain avoids doing it. Granted, you can try to argue that she tried to make them suffer like via a fate worse than death, but they really did not sell it with Zola...

Also it bugged my that enchantress disguised herself as chemistro since we saw him get taken out... made it pretty obvious that was a ruse. Would have worked well if we did not see chemistro get taken out. Granted, they were kind of out of plausible villians at that point.

Also a very minor comment... i would have liked it better if they missing twilight sword was actually hidden in the realm of the frost giants, instead of with the dwarves. It would have completed what is essentially a very nice call back to Thor: Tales of Asgard, which is supposedly in the same continuity as Avengers EMH.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast