toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - USM "Venom"

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.88%
  • ****1/2

4 11.76%

8 23.53%
  • ***1/2

1 2.94%

7 20.59%
  • **1/2

2 5.88%

3 8.82%
  • *1/2

0 0%

2 5.88%
  • 1/2

5 14.71%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    FFmax is offline Poke Maniac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Oh boy I'm totally split with this show. On one hand I loved how Doc Ock is portrayed here, and the show still looks gorgeous. On the other hand is everything else, Is it me or did Nova grow ten times more into jerk? The only team member I like so far is Iron Fist. And the cutaways have got to go, for the battles a least, they break up the flow way too much. I don't want see Venom mowing the lawn in the middle of a tense fight. Also, why was Venom introduced so early in this show? It felt completely rushed, we didn't even get to see how it escaped from Doc Ock's lab. I might need a couple more episodes to help make a final decision on whether I should drop or continue watching this show.
    Last edited by FFmax; 04-17-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

The Talon is offline Written in the Stars
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long story short, i'm not a fan of USM so far, even though its provided me with a completely awesome avatar. Pretty much every reason why has already been explained by everyone else though.

That said, this was actually a pretty good episode. Norman's characterization here was extremely weak though. Now, he's just a generic evil businessman/supervillain. But everything else actually ranged from "OK" to "Pretty good".

But one last thing, what the hell was up with the random fanservice shot of Iron Fist at the end?

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazing Episode :anime:
    the action scenes are awesome,My favorite funny scenes are Everyone seeing Spiderman's Butt,Chibi Spiderman with Herbie,Venom mowing the lawn,and Chibi Nick Fury XD
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Rick Jones is offline Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    But one last thing, what the hell was up with the random fanservice shot of Iron Fist at the end?
    Yeah, that was a little uncomfortable, thanks in no small part to the insane muscle definition and the choice of undies.

It was funny to see how nonchalant Danny was about it, even with two girls around, especially in comparison to how Pete was during his similar situations at the beginning of the episode.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FFmax View Post
    Oh boy I'm totally split with this show. On one hand I loved how Doc Ock is portrayed here, and the show still looks gorgeous. On the other hand is everything else, Is it me or did Nova grow ten times more into jerk? The only team member I like so far is Iron Fist. And the cutaways have got to go, for the battles a least, they break up the flow way too much. I don't want see Venom mowing the lawn in the middle of a tense fight. Also, why was Venom introduced so early in this show? It felt completely rushed, we didn't even get to see how it escaped from Doc Ock's lab. I might need a couple more episodes to help make a final decision on whether I should drop or continue watching this show.
    I agree. The cutaway scenes have got to stop or at least minimize, especially during the fight scenes. It just takes away the moment. Another thing to consider is that all of these cutaway scenes, "humor," or breaking the fourth wall need to be limited because if not, it will take away the seriousness, drama, and character development that the show is trying to create.
    "With great power comes with great - Gullibility!" - The Spectacular Spider-Man

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Maybe I missed something but how was Norman stupid or incompetent? I did not see it. I agree with everything else but I did not see that. Well for the team mates only Nova really annoyed me today. I like Iron Fist, Power man is still too uninteresting as a character but not bad and White Tiger was no where near as bad as she was last week because there was less "Boys are stupid" comments from her.
    Her calling them Stupid last week was justified since they foolishly went after Doom,Even Luke and Danny agreed with her.

She wasn't "bad", she was calling them out for their petty grudge match.

Anyway, enjoyed this episode and with Harry keeping a sample of the symbiote, it probably won't be long until we see it again.

Also, I liked the Dragon Man and HERBIE cameo.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't a fan of this episode. I didn't think the conflict Peter had with Harry was all that interesting (although I did like the idea), and Venom was just thrown in there. I realize that over the years, his origin has had to be a little...simpler...than the whole Secret Wars symbiote alien thing, but aside from the cool design, I didn't feel like there was anything distinctly Venom about the symbiote here, and it could've been any creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    He says he'd rather see Deadpool; Come to think of it, that may be my problem with the humor, which is more Deadpool that Peter Parker (Come to think of it, isn't Joe Kelly, of Men of Action fame, a former Deadpool writer? That would explain a lot...).
    Joe Kelly's also written for Spider-Man, but I get your point. Spider-Man is supposed to be funny, but they're making him a bit off the wall here rather than have him actually be witty.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    but that just brings up something else that is beginning to irk me; they are ALWAYS together. Sure they are a team, but really you'd think they would each have lives of their own on their own time; Their own friends, their own families, their own hobbies and so forth; frankly i feel like they should all want their own personal time to themselves. I Just Find it so off how they move as a unit even when out of uniform. Its almost like they are being handled like props for spiderman, instead of being treated as individual characters
    Good point, they're kind of dropping the ball as supporting characters (but I did laugh when White TIger made fun of Peter''s grades). If this show's going to have a ton of guest-stars, they need to make the supporting characters they have really pop.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a good episode. It seems that this show gets better and better. I don't mind the jokes, and i do find some of them funny, but I don't like them during the actual action. Just stick to Spider-Man's banter during fights. Venom's origin here is interesting (and it was cool to see Flash possessed, given that he's currently Venom in the comics) but I would've preferred if they mixed in some of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics origins. It also would've been cool to see Spider-Man in the black suit for a bit getting enhanced and more aggressive, but I understand why they didn't do that since Spider-Man 3 and Spectacular recently covered that ground.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWay2008 View Post
    I would have to say this episode is probably the best so far. It was more serious, and it actually had a good subplot with Peter and Harry's friendship. Venom's origin is refreshing. However, I still don't like the constant interruptions/interjections of Spider-Man's "joke" during a fight. It just takes the serious moment away. I still don't like the motorcycle. And speaking of SHIELD's tech, what is so good about SHIELD's web-shooters, beside the fact that it can be camouflaged? I have been meaning to ask this, and haven't got an answer yet. I must have missed something as to why this new, improved web-shooters are superior to Spider-Man's original web-shooters.
    Based off the first episode it looks like it has a better targeting system as oppose to the old one's non-existent one, and in this episode we saw that it had taser capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by FightingDreamer View Post
    Actually, that's kind of my whole problem with this show after four episodes: it doesn't know when to quit. Spidey explains who the new heroes are in a supreme display of the creative team underestimating the audience's attention span, Drake Bell is still annoying and shrill in the title role, the music blares constantly, the action scenes keep dragging on because it keeps stopping for dumb jokes, and it's constantly trying to say, "Look how cooool and funny we are!" Oh, and nice job giving the token black guy no discernible personality.
    I disagree on Cage being a token black guy, since 3 outta 5 of the team are minorities, but yeah he's definitely been bland so far, and basically wallpaper.

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there any reason why this thread is linked to the Cartoon Network Forum?

Mod Note: Mirrored fixed to correct forum.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    This was a good episode. It seems that this show gets better and better. I don't mind the jokes, and i do find some of them funny, but I don't like them during the actual action. Just stick to Spider-Man's banter during fights. Venom's origin here is interesting (and it was cool to see Flash possessed, given that he's currently Venom in the comics) but I would've preferred if they mixed in some of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics origins. It also would've been cool to see Spider-Man in the black suit for a bit getting enhanced and more aggressive, but I understand why they didn't do that since Spider-Man 3 and Spectacular recently covered that ground.

Based off the first episode it looks like it has a better targeting system as oppose to the old one's non-existent one, and in this episode we saw that it had taser capabilities.

I disagree on Cage being a token black guy, since 3 outta 5 of the team are minorities, but yeah he's definitely been bland so far, and basically wallpaper.
    Oh, you're right. I don't know how I missed that. lol Thanks.
    "With great power comes with great - Gullibility!" - The Spectacular Spider-Man

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast