toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalRubble View Post
    Episode 212 - Secret Invasion, airs Tuesday 05 June
    http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/shows/gui...ZX8905A012.htm

I wonder if the Kree will also appear or if they're saving them for a different episode.
    I'd love to see a huge Kree/Skrull knock-down, but I think the fight would take longer than a half-hour episode permits. I do wonder if Captain Mar-Vell will be allowed out of his 42 cell to help the Avengers, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just some random comments about the last five episodes of the first half of season 1 (I'll make them spoilers if anyone doesn't want to be spoiled, although for me personally, I like knowing a little about what's going on; it heightens the anticipation.)

Spoiler:

Red Hulk is appearing next episode, before the second half of season 2; so whatever your opinions on Jeph Loeb, it looks like this one can't be pinned on him.

Really looking forward to seeing the real Cap back.

The Skrull invasion looks like it will be a two-parter- possibly a three-parter if you count the Cap episode. Wonder if the Kree will be involved, and to what extent.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to have Spider-Man make a major appearance in a non-Spider-Man show. It really feels like Spider-Man has been so distinct from the rest of the Marvel Animated canon for so long; and while other Marvel heroes could guest-star in his shows, Spider-Man never appeared in other shows. I really can't stress how groundbreaking this feels to me.

Looks like Vision, Kang, Ultron, Annihilus and Surtur will be returning in the back half of Season 2. I'm guessing that's probably when we'll see Falcon show up as well. Hopefully there will be a few surprises, and a few new characters as well.

And hopefully they'll air the episodes sooner rather than later, and at least announce DVD volumes 5 and 6.
    Last edited by Capt. Speedbump; 05-23-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Speedbump View Post
    Just some random comments about the last five episodes of the first half of season 1 (I'll make them spoilers if anyone doesn't want to be spoiled, although for me personally, I like knowing a little about what's going on; it heightens the anticipation.)
    I agree with you, but your courtesy does you credit.

Spoiler:

Red Hulk is appearing next episode, before the second half of season 2; so whatever your opinions on Jeph Loeb, it looks like this one can't be pinned on him.
    Personally, while I have no exposure to the Red Hulk, I think that, given the Cube projects, the Hulk's status as an Avenger, and Thunderbolt Ross' historical pathological hatred of the Hulk, the Red Hulk seems like a very fitting progression.

Really looking forward to seeing the real Cap back.
    I especially like that he's apparently not coming back unscathed, but viewed with suspicion. I've always preferred depictions of Captain America where he's not the apple of the public's eye, but keeps doing the right thing anyways (I loved his original stint as Nomad during Englehart's tenure, and as the Captain under Gruenwald's run).

The Skrull invasion looks like it will be a two-parter- possibly a three-parter if you count the Cap episode. Wonder if the Kree will be involved, and to what extent.
    I hope they are; given the limited time we have left, I'd like to see the alien storylines wrapped up nice and tight.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to have Spider-Man make a major appearance in a non-Spider-Man show. It really feels like Spider-Man has been so distinct from the rest of the Marvel Animated canon for so long; and while other Marvel heroes could guest-star in his shows, Spider-Man never appeared in other shows. I really can't stress how groundbreaking this feels to me.
    Well, this is the first time that Marvel itself was in control; I get that they couldn't sell franchise licenses to Sony or Paramount or Fox and then let those properties appear in another company's cartoon.

That said, I'll be interested to see how Spider-Man is presented, and ponder what might have been if they'd not gone with Loeb as "top dog". A Spider-Man series produced by Fine and the writers helmed by Yost seems like a lost dream, even though its a pleasant one.

Webbed-Wonder is offline Still thwipping!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:

I know exactly what you mean. Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way about this upcoming appearance.
    "So you don't like names, huh? Well, that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me, you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon, with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!"

RoyalRubble is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    I'd love to see a huge Kree/Skrull knock-down, but I think the fight would take longer than a half-hour episode permits. I do wonder if Captain Mar-Vell will be allowed out of his 42 cell to help the Avengers, though.
    I hope so; maybe he and Ms. Marvel will be on friendly terms again.

Spoiler:

Looks like Vision, Kang, Ultron, Annihilus and Surtur will be returning in the back half of Season 2. I'm guessing that's probably when we'll see Falcon show up as well. Hopefully there will be a few surprises, and a few new characters as well.

I think the Spider-Woman show from the 70s was the only time Spidey actually guest-starred in someone else's show. I'm looking forward to him finally appearing together with the Avengers (or at least Captain America), should be a fun episode.

Edit: Episode 214 has been added to ABC3's site, and it's titled Behold...The Vision, airing Thursday 07 June.
    http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/shows/gui...ZX8905A014.htm
    Last edited by RoyalRubble; 05-24-2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Adding more info.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It makes me happy that
    Spoiler:
    the Vision is in episode 40. About time! I hope he joins the team in episode 42 or 43. I know he'll be a villain at first, but since they're only using him in the second half of season 2, I expect to see him as a member for most of those episodes. I wonder if Ultron will have more than a background role in episode 40, and how they'll explain his return. And will we get an answer on what happened to Wonder Man?

Sounds like the Secret Invasion won't bring the whole team back together. Hope Wasp takes a few episodes off to spend time with Hank.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    Spoiler:
    Hope Wasp takes a few episodes off to spend time with Hank.
    If so (speculations)...
    Spoiler:
    ...perhaps when she comes back to the team she'll bring her new fiance, Yellowjacket, and Hank's psychotic break will be exorcised and explored at their wedding, like it was in the comics. I'd hoped that they were going to avoid Hank actually having the psychotic break, but I can live with it if not, although Jan deserves better than a guy who can only propose to her when he's bug-nutz crazy.

Srebak is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but i'm saying it; I don't like Maria Hill

Don't get me wrong, i see where she's coming from, the Law is the law, but there's just something about this version of her that just makes me not like her. Much like how i don't like J. Jonah Jameson from Spider-Man fame and Senator Kelley from X-Men.

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Srebak View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but i'm saying it; I don't like Maria Hill

Don't get me wrong, i see where she's coming from, the Law is the law, but there's just something about this version of her that just makes me not like her. Much like how i don't like J. Jonah Jameson from Spider-Man fame and Senator Kelley from X-Men.
    No one likes Maria Hill, I think that's the point of the character.

majcvd49 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heres a promo that must have aired recently which includes some tantalizing new footage from upcoming episodes:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq3...rse_shortfilms

The highlight for me was Hawkeye, Wasp, and an unconscious Ms Marvel being brought before Skrull Cap by Super-Skrulls! Love this show