toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 502
  1. #21
    Aaron's Avatar
    Aaron is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    So, DVD help?

    Like This Thread!

    So, in America, we've had the 4 Volume releases.
    In Canada, there's the complete Season 1 on Blu-ray.

    Any word one when THAT particular release will be hitting American store shelves?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    So, in America, we've had the 4 Volume releases.
    In Canada, there's the complete Season 1 on Blu-ray.

    Any word one when THAT particular release will be hitting American store shelves?
    Nope. Maybe never.

    But Canada and the USA both use Region A, so you could get it from the Canadian Amazon or somewhere and it'd play fine.

  3. #23
    Webbed-Wonder's Avatar
    Webbed-Wonder is offline Still thwipping!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There were some more snippets from the Spidey episode today in one of the Marvel Universe interstitial's. There was Spidey holding a ceiling from caving in because of some civilians while Cap was pummeling some member of (I think) the Serpent Society. Another shot of Cap telling Spidey something. Seems like it may be mostly a Spidey/Cap team up.
    "So you don't like names, huh? Well, that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me, you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon, with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!"

  4. #24
    Avengers's Avatar
    Avengers is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webbed-Wonder View Post
    There were some more snippets from the Spidey episode today in one of the Marvel Universe interstitial's. There was Spidey holding a ceiling from caving in because of some civilians while Cap was pummeling some member of (I think) the Serpent Society. Another shot of Cap telling Spidey something. Seems like it may be mostly a Spidey/Cap team up.
    I wonder is there a snake themed spidey villain? i'm not sure Venom counts but that would make sense as to why they would team up to battle them (of coarse that is just wild speculation)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengers View Post
    I wonder is there a snake themed spidey villain? i'm not sure Venom counts but that would make sense as to why they would team up to battle them (of coarse that is just wild speculation)
    The closest to a snake-related villain I can think of is Lizard.

  6. #26
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,295
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan93 View Post
    The closest to a snake-related villain I can think of is Lizard.
    Dios mio! There must be someone else?

    I'd rather see some of the Silvermane/Tombstone crowd, like Hammerhead, but I'll take another sppearance by the Serpent Squad!

  7. #27
    Frontier is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sherman Oaks CA
    Posts
    877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the Serpent Society was one of the few villains that the Avengers weren't able to capture in Season 1, so it'd be a nice way to clean up loose ends.

  8. #28
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,295
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    Well, the Serpent Society was one of the few villains that the Avengers weren't able to capture in Season 1, so it'd be a nice way to clean up loose ends.
    There are many more members of the Serpent Society than were shown in Season One, and I hope we get to see some of them, too - especially Diamondback (although not as a Catain America romantic interest).

  9. #29
    James Harvey's Avatar
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    The World's Finest
    Posts
    19,521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Details on the July 2012 issue of the The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes comic series, published monthly by Marvel, can be found at Marvel Animation Age!

  10. #30
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,295
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Dora Milaje Microheroes

    I am assuming that the unnamed female guards that flanked M'Baku and who gave Captain America a tussle were Dora Milaje, the order of highly-trained personal bodyguards/attendants to the Wakandan throne.




  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengers View Post
    I wonder is there a snake themed spidey villain? i'm not sure Venom counts but that would make sense as to why they would team up to battle them (of coarse that is just wild speculation)
    Belive it or not, in the Spider-Man newspaper strip there was a snake-villain called the Rattler. The story is reprinted in the Stan Lee/John Romita Spider-Man newspaper strips hardcover Volume 1.

    The Rattler was similar to the Lizard- a guy (his real name was Henry Bingham) who took venom from snakes to sell was bitten. He went to a shady research company who gave him an untested serum to try out and... well, you can probably guess the rest.

    That Rattler is totally unrelated to the Rattler of the Serpent Society (Gustav Krueger) who first appeared in Captain America #310.

    As for Spidey-themed snake villains in regular Marvel universe continuity... well, I believe Princess Python of the Circus of Crime first debuted in Amazing #22. Also, I believe Klaus Voorhees, the Cobra has fought Spidey on a few occasions.

    I'm too lazy to do any additional research at this point.

  12. #32
    Rick Jones's Avatar
    Rick Jones is offline Crazy Marvel Love
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    177A Bleecker Street
    Posts
    3,735
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Speedbump View Post
    Belive it or not, in the Spider-Man newspaper strip there was a snake-villain called the Rattler. The story is reprinted in the Stan Lee/John Romita Spider-Man newspaper strips hardcover Volume 1.

    The Rattler was similar to the Lizard- a guy (his real name was Henry Bingham) who took venom from snakes to sell was bitten. He went to a shady research company who gave him an untested serum to try out and... well, you can probably guess the rest.

    That Rattler is totally unrelated to the Rattler of the Serpent Society (Gustav Krueger) who first appeared in Captain America #310.
    Heh. There was a cowboy villain named Sidewinder in the 80s solo series, too.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

  13. #33
    ShadowStar's Avatar
    ShadowStar is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a question regarding the official trailer for season 2... I'm assuming I can post a link to it here, since it was uploaded by Marvel.

    About 8 seconds in (see the link below), there's a guy wearing only trousers hovering in what appears to be Central Park who's firing energy blasts from his hands. Any idea who he is?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3dAHtBmMfc
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

  14. #34
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,295
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    About 8 seconds in (see the link below), there's a guy wearing only trousers hovering in what appears to be Central Park who's firing energy blasts from his hands. Any idea who he is?
    Michael Korvac - in his Avengers appearance with Carina, they were both in civilian disguise.

    Edit - Unfortunately, what was once rumor seems to be confirmed, although not directly:

    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=58063

    "Fans of the successful ongoing Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes TV Series are about to be disappointed. As my sources have confirmed to me, Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel Animation studios, has cancelled the currently successful series in favor of a new Avengers Cartoon that will be produced by Marvel's newly acquired studio (MAS) and will be inline with and in the same universe as the currently airing Ultimate Spider-man cartoon. "

    Apparently, they won't announce it until later so as to not materially affect the ratings.

    Clarification - Of course, if his source is the same as our original source, then its accuracy is still perhaps problematic.
    Last edited by Medinnus; 04-17-2012 at 12:03 PM.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just had a thought - wouldn't it be interesting if Bucky was found by the Avengers, and he would be the only one able to tell that Cap is a Skrull in disguise?

  16. #36
    Aaron's Avatar
    Aaron is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    so...

    Let me get this straight...???

    They're going to cancel the current Avengers show... to make a new one?

    Any estimates on WHEN?
    I would think that they would at least finish out this season first.
    I'd be okay with a 52 episode show. It's better than nothing.
    I still hope that it doesn't get cancelled at all.
    But there's nothing I can do to fight it.
    I wish there WAS something fans could do.

  17. #37
    ShockDingo's Avatar
    ShockDingo is offline Voice actor in training
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...I try and be calm and collected in situations like these (the success rate is another issue) but this is hands down a STUPID idea, I'm sorry. You've got a show that is incredibly successful and doing great with its target audience and others and you want to cancel it to make an inferior show? Did they see the anticipation across the media for season 2 to start? Did they miss out on how excited everyone got when they showed the massive cast photo of the FF, Spidey, Bishop, Logan, Wasp and more?! I mean come one, what is the point of this foolishness? It's just terrible.
    "...wait, how can you remember what I said when you weren't there?" sizz-lor on Invader Zim:The Fry cook from outer space.
    Proud Member of the Voice Acting Club- "For all your voice acting needs"
    Resume Power!..uh...nevermind...it's my vocal resume.
    "Thunderbolts #118 audio rendition"

  18. #38
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,295
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Let me get this straight...???

    They're going to cancel the current Avengers show... to make a new one?

    Any estimates on WHEN?
    I would think that they would at least finish out this season first.
    I'd be okay with a 52 episode show. It's better than nothing.
    I still hope that it doesn't get cancelled at all.
    But there's nothing I can do to fight it.
    I wish there WAS something fans could do.
    Fifty-two episodes are much better than nothing.

    Marvel Studios has yet to offically announce this is what they are doing, but to make it in-continuity with USM they'd pretty much have to reboot it; too many contradictions, with more probably on the way.

    Only things fans can do is support AEMH while its there, and hope that USM is shown to not be viable such that they adjust the decision about Season Three; but it does go against the grain to wish ill on another show, really.

    Edit - Although, come to think of it, as an exercise I put together a Season One outline that is both in-continuity with USM and doesn't re-use or significantly contradict what we know of Season One-Two of AEMH; my problem is that I have no faith in Loeb's ability to hire quality writers, from what I've seen so far (which may or may not actually be fair comment).

  19. #39
    Avengers's Avatar
    Avengers is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Certainly explains why they are rushing the huge marvel hero team up and all these other plots that could easily make up on ongoing full season story. I am surprisingly not angry, 52 episodes is a nice run time and the show clearly did not take to long to establish its quality so there are a lot of great episodes and stories. What DOES annoy me greatly is that this loeb character, knowing he was canceling a beloved show in capable hands, took it upon himself to excuse the writers and write his own ending, that is simply a spit in the face to all who worked so hard on the show and regardless of if he does it well that was a truly unprofessional move. Also I pray we get a very nice ending episode and I pray it is not just a thirty minute episode.

    Really is a shame we couldn't get a mystical season though.

  20. #40
    Mistah K88's Avatar
    Mistah K88 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well then if this cancellation of A:EMH is true, I suppose this is needed.

    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/


    It's been used for a few Marvel shows lately, Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and now this show. At least this show lasted more than 26 episodes.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO