toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - A:EMH "Alone Against A.I.M."

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll

14 48.28%
  • ****1/2

6 20.69%

6 20.69%
  • ***1/2

1 3.45%

0 0%
  • **1/2

1 3.45%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 3.45%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Great character episode that takes a look at Tony, his alter ego problems, his supporting characters, and even his rogues gallery. Also, I liked seeing him interact with Maria Hill. I loved seeing Rhodey, and his reasons for not being War Machine are, pretty much sound, but they'll probably have to call him in when things get really rough (and he's got plenty of fire power to help them out).

Interesting that, despite his cameos on shows like X-Men TAS, Incredible Hulk, and even Fantastic Four: WGH, I believe this is the first time Spider-Man is mentioned by name on a non-Spider-Man show as a hero out there and operating (I could be completely wrong about that).

Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K. View Post
    Are we all going to try to fit those together in-continuity too?
    Not unless this Thor hangs out at the mall and eats meatballs or whatever it was Pepper said.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroSparkster View Post
    All this talk about hero registration makes me think there might be a Civil War-like arc down the road.
    For all my complaints about Civil War in the comics, having it fairly early in the Avengers careers makes more sense than the comics (and the live action movies probably can't do it considering how much more involved SHIELD is). I'll reserve judgment, but I don't think it's a great idea...I dunno, judging from clips we're going to see War Machine, Ms. Marvel, Doc Samson, and other heroes on the scene, so it's great to open up the universe a bit more, I just don't want to have to start rooting against people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthammer View Post
    Also, we see Cap got a new toy this episode which is the shield we see his son using in Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow. Is this a shield that we have seen Cap use in the past in comics or is this something brand new for this series?
    In the late-90's, when Cap came back from the Onslaught/Franklin Richards Counter Earth, his shield was lost at the bottom of the ocean. They recovered it, and it shattered (thanks to an imperfection created when it broke before during the Secret Wars). Cap used his old, non-circular shield until Tony (or was it SHIELD?) designed that energy one for him. He was eventually able to reassemble the vibranium shield (with the help of Klaw's power, I believe).
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't worry Tony, your Data is safe with...

.... Right. Skrull.

Like most, I found myself actually understanding Maria's Stand point. She makes a good point about Heroes needing to be held accountable. Even with her "rhymes with witchiness" being full blown, that doesn't change anything.

Plus, she saved Tony's ass a few times, and was pretty helpful all in all.

Somtimes the world needs a War-Machine.... to Pimp-slap A.I.M into oblivion!!!!

And like most, very pleased to hear a reference to Spidey. It's because of this site I became aware of his lack of appearances (baring cameos) on other Marvel shows. Though the fact that he is an Avenger himself right now is likely playing a role in finally being name dropped (and I've seen pics that show he'll actually be on the show himself).

When you think about it, it's kind of funny that one of the most popular heroes in the Marvel Universe has never had any real appearances (outside of the old Spider-Woman series) in any shows but his own.

So... Josh Keaton, or Drake Bell?
    The Hypocrite Rises....

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hypocrite View Post
    Don't worry Tony, your Data is safe with...

.... Right. Skrull.
    I have a hard time believing the skrull would care about Iron Man/Stark International tech, and I can't imagine Stark not degaussing it at the earliest opportunity.

And like most, very pleased to hear a reference to Spidey. It's because of this site I became aware of his lack of appearances (baring cameos) on other Marvel shows. Though the fact that he is an Avenger himself right now is likely playing a role in finally being name dropped (and I've seen pics that show he'll actually be on the show himself).
    Well, to be fair, before Marvel was doing their own stuff it was almost certainly a "we don't have the rights, we sold them" thing. I think Spidey appearing is due more to him being the #1 hero at Marvel, and Wolverine showing up because he's #2, than because they both got shoved into the Avengers to monetize on their fan appeal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    Skrull-Cap: "Don't worry about the hard-drive. I've got it."

That doesn't really install much confidence in me. In fact, I'm more worried now.
    I'm pretty sure "Cap" didn't actually confiscate the drive; he just wanted to let the group know it wasn't in AIM's hands. After all, Tony was there, as well as Rhodey, Black Panther, and Maria Hill. It would be pretty downright suspicious if Captain America were to say "let me hold on to this drive for (I can't even think of a valid reason)." instead of giving it back to Tony or Pepper immediately.

Which is not to say "Cap" couldn't have surreptitiously copied the hard drive somehow...

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    I have a hard time believing the skrull would care about Iron Man/Stark International tech, and I can't imagine Stark not degaussing it at the earliest opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Speedbump View Post
    I'm pretty sure "Cap" didn't actually confiscate the drive; he just wanted to let the group know it wasn't in AIM's hands. After all, Tony was there, as well as Rhodey, Black Panther, and Maria Hill. It would be pretty downright suspicious if Captain America were to say "let me hold on to this drive for (I can't even think of a valid reason)." instead of giving it back to Tony or Pepper immediately.

Which is not to say "Cap" couldn't have surreptitiously copied the hard drive somehow...

See. That's the thing. He may look like Cap, but he could be packing some hidden Skrull tech that lets him instantly download the info to a nearby Skrull base, or simply copy it. Tony's tech may be less advanced than the Skrulls, but as one of the premiere (former) weapons builders, he could still be a danger, and understanding his hardware could be useful down the line.

Well, to be fair, before Marvel was doing their own stuff it was almost certainly a "we don't have the rights, we sold them" thing. I think Spidey appearing is due more to him being the #1 hero at Marvel, and Wolverine showing up because he's #2, than because they both got shoved into the Avengers to monetize on their fan appeal.
    There's that as well, but that didn't help him before. Spidey was always one of Marvel's top guys, and he still rarely appeared out of his own show.
    The Hypocrite Rises....

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's that as well, but that didn't help him before. Spidey was always one of Marvel's top guys, and he still rarely appeared out of his own show.
    But thats because his rights before Marvel Studios were always held by someone else.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was an alright episode. The Technovore was a really threatening villain. I was surprised to see how vicious the thing was, it actually got a few kills (relatively) on-screen.

It was cool to see War Machine too. His design was awesome. His armour was major overkill against AIM though, especially notable when he launched two rockets at two AIM agents. Iron Man's new armour was pretty cool looking too. Although the face still looks weird to me.

It was nice to see Pepper again, by the end of the episode I was expecting Stark to name her CEO of Stark International ala Iron Man 2. Maria Hill, while highly annoying in this episode wasn't as bad as she was in "Hail, Hydra!", where she decided to attack the Avengers instead of the two terrorist groups ripping apart New York. With Stark asking about her dating twice, does anyone else get the impression that the two are dating right now? I guess it'd add more tension, and explain Maria's jealous look when Stark and Pepper were together. Not to mention, they did get "pretty involved" that one time in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    I
    - Wow Stark Towers has horrible security. Even before they shut off all the power, there was no safeguard in the event of a bunch of armed terrorists pulling up alongside your house and setting up a bunch of sinister-looking weaponry?
    I know right? It looked like Stark International didn't even have guards at the entrances.

maczero is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Maria Hill I also believe is a Skrull.
    Anything happen on screen to support this or is it pure speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumori MC View Post
    And did anyone else notice how curvaceous Maria Hill has become? Rrawr.
    ]
    Yep. I could almost hear Sir Mixalot in the background during her scenes.

SHIELD, like any other government agency, is probably caught between a rock - the expectations of the politicians and the public - and a hard place - budget cuts, no more access to Stark technology for weapons, and a rising tide of both powered and non-powered threats. A.I.M. and Hydra have better tech, because they can steal from everyone (SHIELD included - after all, the Black Widow never did find the traitor(s) that Fury set her upon). The bad guys get better, and hire other super-powered bad guys because the other super-powered bad guys value money over ideology, for the most part, whereas SHIELD can't counter with their own super-powered operatives and only have their own resources for tech development. I can only imagine how hard it is to run an organization like SHIELD, be constrained by the law and limited resources, while watching Hydra use your cutting edge tech, knowing that A.I.M. is out there building and stealing what they can't build, and having the geniuses on your side - T'Challa and Wakanda, Hank Pym, Tony Stark - constantly telling you they won't help you.

Meanwhile, you know in your gut that even the vigilantes who are ostensibly on your side are a ticking time bomb waiting to happen, undisciplined, and with no backup, no Emergency response teams, and little ability to limit the scope of conflict away from civilians.

Then you have Stark twit you that he's helping, even if he's helping his own way, and sometimes in ways that hinder SHIELD as much as they help.
    Like most, I found myself actually understanding Maria's Stand point. She makes a good point about Heroes needing to be held accountable. Even with her "rhymes with witchiness" being full blown, that doesn't change anything.
    Yeah, I've always felt that there were a lot of valid points on the pro-registration side.

When you think about it, it's kind of funny that one of the most popular heroes in the Marvel Universe has never had any real appearances (outside of the old Spider-Woman series) in any shows but his own.
    There was a Spider Woman show?! When did it air?
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net

Rick Jones is offline Trickin' N Treatin'
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    There was a Spider Woman show?! When did it air?
    During the late 70s...
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

CaptainCanada is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    * So far, Hill's arguments for super-hero registration are a lot more convincing than the comics ever were.
    How? Everything she said in this episode was also stated in the comics.

The thing about scenarios like this is that there really is no compelling case against registration of superheroes, but superheroes working on their own is a mainstay of the genre.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast