Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Ultimate Spider-Man "Doomed"

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll

7 14.58%
  • ****1/2

2 4.17%

10 20.83%
  • ***1/2

3 6.25%

6 12.50%
  • **1/2

2 4.17%

6 12.50%
  • *1/2

2 4.17%

4 8.33%
  • 1/2

6 12.50%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I think this is the first show I love how they display Spider-Man's strength in
    Fury's line: "The one who made this plan should step forward, out of this team"
    Aahh, what happened to "they need discipline? Training to cause the least possible damage and subdue the enemy in the least time necessary to finish the job?

Coulson > Everybody else
    His head design and animation still reminds me of HISHE (how it should have ended)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    I wonder if the supporting heroes will get any spotlight on their lives and backgrounds in this show. I know it's Spidey's show, but still.
    It should, the good stories don't ignore the background of any of its characters, if this one is good enough it will explain them before the end of season 1
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    If there's one character I don't like on the show, it's White Tiger. Almost every other line coming out of her mouth is "you guys are all stupid!" or something of that effect.
    Because they were. I'm liking her because she calls them out on their crud.

She was completely in the right and nothing wrong with what she said.

If it had been one of the male characters that said it, no one would be saying jack about it.

Seaman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh, it feels like a campy 80's cartoon but with allot better animation.

I sort of knew it would be like that, when I heard Man Of Action was behind it.
    Those guys are just making dragged out toy commercials..... more obvious then others.

Also it feels as if this could have been a Deadpool series, with all the Family guy like humor.

I will continue watching it even if it makes my eyes spin in 360. It's Spider-man with amazing animation and that's why. The only why.

Anyway this episode had cool animation and Dr Doom was the only thing I liked here.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a huge Spider-Man fan I really, really want to enjoy this show and I do enjoy certain aspects of it. This episode was a step-up from the two-part opener for sure but it still isn't clicking 100% for me. I'm going to stick with the show for a little bit longer to see if we'll actually get some improvements. It's not a bad show but it's not great either. It just seems a bit mediocre. I still like the voice actor playing Spider-Man but this show is really light on characterization and I think that is going to start becoming an issue if we want to actually get invested in any of these characters. Seeing Dr. Doom was very cool however and I'm getting more used to the whole 'ultimate friends' thing. Not bad but needs to get better.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Because they were. I'm liking her because she calls them out on their crud.

She was completely in the right and nothing wrong with what she said.

If it had been one of the male characters that said it, no one would be saying jack about it.
    Just because she's calling them out in their mistakes doesn't mean she's not annoying about it. She fits the stereotypical "Eww, boys are dumb! You guys are idiots and I'm ALWAYS right!" attitude that is very bothersome, just as much as Spidey and Nova were. Not to mention it's not like she did diddly-squat to stop the two, or to stop them from going in the plane, or even said anything to Fury before. So much for being the "responsible" one.

And don't make this into a sexism argument. It would have been just as annoying hearing it from Luke or Danny.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: Ultimate Spider-Man "Spider-Verse" Review

AdamYJ is offline The Saturday Morning Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K. View Post
    Just because she's calling them out in their mistakes doesn't mean she's not annoying about it. She fits the stereotypical "Eww, boys are dumb! You guys are idiots and I'm ALWAYS right!" attitude that is very bothersome, just as much as Spidey and Nova were. Not to mention it's not like she did diddly-squat to stop the two, or to stop them from going in the plane, or even said anything to Fury before. So much for being the "responsible" one.
    I do seem to recall her saying something about how they're not going to fly to Latveria and fight Dr. Doom, and then the doors closed and the plane took off anyway.

Anyway, the point of the episode in many ways was that they all contributed to the problem. First, Spidey and Nova's feud ruins their training session. Then, Power Man suggests they do something to prove themselves to Fury. Then White Tiger gets the bright idea to go catch a supervillian. And it's then that Spidey and Nova's feud takes over and gets them all in over their heads. The only one who really didn't do anything was Iron Fist, and he seems willing to bear the blame simply for going along with the whole thing.
    Saturday Morning is not just part of the week. It's a state of mind.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually didn't like this episode as much as the pilot because I fear this show might fall into a typical routine of Spidey and the others doing something stupid/irresponsible and "learning" from the experience. There could be character development down the line, sure, I was just a little offput by it.

It was great seeing Doom as such a threat, but, how much of his SHIELD file did they read? Sure, he's on their wanted list, but going to Latveria to take him down would cause an international incident! There are protocols and such!

Humor still continues to entertain, me though. "So Nicholas, how was your day?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Also, I swear to God, Thor, AND Darkseid if I see that stupid jetpack gag one more time I will actually go crazy and commit a murder...
    Whoa...

I know her from the Avengers Academy comics, so I kind of know her story. Her big brother was the original White Tiger, who was the first big Latino superhero. So she's a bit of a perfectionist and she tries a little too hard to show what she's capable of because she's got big shoes to fill.
    Was that before or after she was a supporting player in Daredevil?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    Oh, and Coulson is surprisingly funny.
    You're surprised? He's hilarious in the live action movies, and I thought his antics translated well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Though one thing that really annoys me about this episode is that kinda goes against the premise... Spidey is supposed to lack training, but have experience while the rest of the team has the training but none of the experience. As such, Spidey should actually be the voice of reason on the team.
    That'd be great to see. And also, ya know, experienced heroes giving them training sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by NBM05 View Post
    Anyway, in my mind, between Green Lantern, Young Justice, Avengers, and USM, it's a fantastic time to be a fan of superhero cartoons.
    Agreed. Ditto live action movies (on the Marvel side, anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by LostAnarchist View Post
    The problem is obvious - Spider Man's story is and has always been a serious one - to see so much comedy in this, especially forced BTW (unlike Teen Titans, which did this right, IMHO - and at least Generator Rex tried to tell a story, despite the flawed humor...) - this show just feels... aimless and wrong (especially in its execution)...
    I wouldn't say Spider-Man's that serious. I mean, he's not Batman or even Daredevil, but there should be a sense that not everything is light for him. He jokes around, but he's always the underdog getting screwed over by the universe.

The fact that this is kind of a "Marvel" show is kind of what I like about it. I mean, the way I see it, there have been only certain Marvel characters or groups that have gotten their own cartoons in my lifetime: Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Hulk, Silver Surfer and the Avengers. Some were more popular, some were less popular. Some lasted a long time while some only lasted a season or two. And unless something comes along that really shakes up that pattern, this will probably continue to be the case. That means that there will be a lot of really cool Marvel characters, locales and concepts that will not get touched on unless they get attached to a more popular idea. The Heroes for Hire will probably never get their own cartoon, but they get to be on this Spider-Man one. This opinion applies to some of the older shows too. Unless maybe someone makes a modern FF cartoon that lasts longer than two seasons (something that's proving doubtful) we probably wouldn't have gotten to see Counter-Earth except for Spider-man Unlimited. The chances of seeing Falcon or Tigra animated would be pretty slim if it weren't for the '99 Avengers cartoon.
    I feel we're at the mercy of live action movies (then again, we never did get a Daredevil cartoon) and that Luke Cage and Iron Fist could get a bump that gives them a cartoon after their movie. Look what having live action movies did for Blade!

As far as Falcon goes, I don't credit that Avengers cartoon too much. He's one of the most high profile non-mutant black heroes who isn't covered in head to toe with a costume, so he was the logical choice for SHS for the sake of diversity.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

AdamYJ is offline The Saturday Morning Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Was that before or after she was a supporting player in Daredevil?
    I didn't know she was ever in Daredevil. I don't read Daredevil because I find him kind of on the depressing side. All I know is that she's a character in Avengers Academy right now. It could have been the previous White Tiger, who also had her own miniseries. The current White Tiger is Ava Ayala, who is Hector Ayala's little sister. The previous White Tiger was Angela Del Torro, who was Hector Ayala's cousin. There have been, like, five White Tigers all together.

I forgoit to mention in my earlier assessment of the character that there's also something weird about her tiger amulets where she might get possessed by a feral tiger god if she doesn't maintain control. So, yeah, she's got some issues.

I feel we're at the mercy of live action movies (then again, we never did get a Daredevil cartoon) and that Luke Cage and Iron Fist could get a bump that gives them a cartoon after their movie. Look what having live action movies did for Blade!

As far as Falcon goes, I don't credit that Avengers cartoon too much. He's one of the most high profile non-mutant black heroes who isn't covered in head to toe with a costume, so he was the logical choice for SHS for the sake of diversity.
    I forgot all about Superhero Squad. I also forgot that they apparently made animated shows for Blade and Black Panther. They just kind of flew that low under my radar.
    Saturday Morning is not just part of the week. It's a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally found the time to watch this episode yesterday. So far, it's okay. The interaction between Spider-Man and Nova was kind of interesting and funny, but as it went on, it felt overdone. Like they were trying to be funny. Speaking of funny, I didn't find the jet-pack to be humorous at all. I thought it was a little annoying. I still don't like the use of freezing time so Spider-Man can over-explain things.

But overall, I'm warming up to this show, and I look forward to the next episode.
    "With great power comes with great - Gullibility!" - The Spectacular Spider-Man

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223

AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    If there's one character I don't like on the show, it's White Tiger. Almost every other line coming out of her mouth is "you guys are all stupid!" or something of that effect.
    I don't know, I was pretty much saying the exact same thing all throughout the episode. Maybe she's supposed to be the audience surrogate.