Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mistah K88 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppasmith View Post
    I especially prefer Simon Templeman (sp?) as Doom. I LOVED that sort of arrogant intelligence that really made him the Moriarty to Richards' Holmes. It was great to hear Lex Lang's Doom emit the same vibe as opposed to Dobson's
    I can only hear Simon Templeman as Doom as well. Lex Lang was goood, however I'll have to hear a little more of him first to really establish an opinion.

For the Green Goblin it'd have to be Steve Blum. He sounds well...like the mythological creature Norman dresses as. He has a raspy sinister voice, yet can have it more whimsical and fun, yet maniacal. That crazed manic laugh does wonders for the character as well.

It'd actually be a tie for Spider-Man. Josh Keaton and Chris Barnes are natural for that character. Chris may have gotten some bad material to work with, and was forced to over act at times (MARY JAAAANE!); but as far as when he actually talks, he is pretty solid. He does sound a bit more mature when compared to Josh (However that may be because Keaton's Spidey was in his Junior year in High School where Barnes' Spidey was in college...even though I don't recall him ever going to school) I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain Josh as he's a perfect fit for the character as well (and had better material)...It's actually a challenge to choose between them.

Nolan North nails Deadpool TO A TEE. I honestly can't hear any other voice for him.

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Josh Keaton as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He is just perfect in the role. He can show versitility between a younger and older Spidey, and shows differences between his Peter and Spidey. He captures the character's angst and wit well in a subtle, but remarkable, manner.

Steven Blum as Wolverine. I was introduced to his performance since the X-Men: Legends games, and has been a perfect fit ever since, even though I'll admit I never cared for the character much.

Eric Loomis as Tony Stark/Iron Man. Yeah, I never played the movie tie-in games where he first debuted, but I warmed up to his voice after watching enough episodes of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Brian Bloom as Steve Rogers/Captain America. Unlike Loomis, Bloom impressed me from the get-go as Steve. Captures the character's air of leadership and courageousness.

Steve Blum as the Green Goblin. This pretty much showed me how talented Blum is. Very distinct from his other voices, while being recongizable at the same time. He gave his Goblin plenty of insanity and viciousness, while being snarky and funny at times as well. Also liked how his Goblin had a pitch that could fit either Norman or Harry's voices, adding to the mystery bit.

Alan Rachins as Norman Osborn. Pretty hard to believe that the same voice actor who voiced Clock King would do Osborn, but Rachins pulled off the greedy, sociopathic businessman pretty well.

Tom Kane as Ultron. Though I kinda wanted to have Wally Wingert as the evil Ultron as well, to add more eeriness to him, I ended up really liking Kane. Ultron was, by far, my favorite villain in season one of EMH, and I anticipate his inevitable return in the second season.

I have A LOT more coming, including more X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Spidey characters!
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: Ultimate Spider-Man "Spider-Verse" Review

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Christopher Daniel Barnes - he'll always be Spider-Man to me. His recent return to the character in the video games has been awesome. He (and Keaton) were perhaps the sole highlight of Edge of Time. Not to say I don't like Josh Keaton and NPH though - I've just always preferred CDB. Not too fond from what little I've seen of Drake Bell though.

Cal Dodd - will forever be Wolverine. Noble attempts from Steve Blum aside, this has always been my favourite version of Wolverine - not just the voice, the character itself. While it would've been cool to have the tan costume used, it's still the best version. I know he rarely cut anything, but the character was just fascinating. There was none of this James Howlett/Origin nonsense here - his origin is more interesting the less we know - the character is what he does with himself after being put through this ordeal. Or, in the show's own words

"Wolverine. Loner. You have a family. While savage, you have found dignity. Cynic – you have found faith"

Bob Holt for Hulk for me. Listen to that roar - probably nostalgia talking, but I've always had a fondness for this show and it's character. Michael Bell is still my favourite Bruce Banner, but beyond Neal McDough I've not been too fond of most of the Dr. Banner's we've had.

Have to agree with Roscoe Lee Brown as The Kingpin - I doubt that one will ever be topped. Steve Blum is outstanding as The Green Goblin too.

I'm struggling to pick a favourite for Cyclops - Micheal Bell, Norm Spencer, Kirby Morrow and Nolan North were all excellent in the roll, for different reasons.

Robert Hayes is still my favourite Iron Man - the other voices are good, especially with his recent shift in characterisation, but Hayes' lone wolf is still my favourite animated golden avenger.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Kumori MC is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, if it isn't ole Stu.

Well, we agree on multiple points there, sirrah.

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumori MC
    Well, if it isn't ole Stu.

Well, we agree on multiple points there, sirrah.
    You must be old school like me :-)

I've nothing against most of the more recent voices for these characters, I just prefer their 90's incarnations.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Kumori MC is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    You must be old school like me :-)

I've nothing against most of the more recent voices for these characters, I just prefer their 90's incarnations.
    Well, considering I grew up with most of these, I'd say that's no surprise.

However, I have nothing against new school. Quite the contrary, a good deal of voice actors have shown their growth and skill acquisition with each new series they voice-starred in.

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    • Spider-man - Rino Romano or NPH (if his voice was the same as the 80s, I'd say Dan Gilvezan, but SD says he's no longer fitting)
    • Wolverine - Steven Blum
    • Cyclops - That guy from Evolution
    • Hulk - Fred Tatasciore
    • Deadpool - Nolan North
    • Kingpin - Stan Jones
    • J Jonah Jameson - Ed Asner
    • Jean Grey - Her voice from Evolution
    • Mary Jane - Vanessa Marshall
    • Human Torch - Josh Keaton
    • Professor X - That guy from Evolution
    • Beast - The guy from Evolution
    • Eddie Brock - Hank Azaria
    • Venom - Daran Norris
    • Iron Man - Eric Loomis
    • Thor - Rick D. Wasserman
    • Doc Ock - Efrem Zimbalist Jr.
    • Black Cat - Tricia Helfer
    • Silver Sable - Jennifer Hale (yeah, USM and SD says this much for me)
    • Magneto - That guy from Evo
    • Punisher - I want to hear him voiced by the guy who voiced Wolverine in Evolution, I think he'll be a perfect fit
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Off the top of my head -

Captain America/Steve Rogers - Brian Bloom. The guy's voice defines old fashioned heroism at its best.

Cyclops/Scott Summers - Norm Spencer. He had the best "fearless leader" voice (though Michael Bell wasn't bad in the "Pryde of the X-Men" pilot).

Wolverine/Logan - meh, no real preference.

Jean Grey - Venus Terzo for being warm, strong and even a little snarky all at the same time (despite the inherent awesomeness that is Jennifer Hale I'm afraid Ms. Hale just didn't have enough dialogue or screen time to really make the role her own, plus I have to knock a few points off for her unintentionally funny delivery of "Scott! What are you doing?! It'll kill you!" at the end of 'Foresight, Part 3').

Iron Man/Tony Stark - Marc Worden (Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2; Invincible Iron Man, Planet Hulk). While I still enjoy the vocal portrayals of Robert Hays (90s series) and Eric Loomis (Avengers: EMH) Worden for me is the voice that best captures old Shellhead's arrogant-yet-charming personality.

Thor - John Rhys-Davies. Of all the guys who've voiced Thor over the years John Rhys-Davies still has/had the most godlike voice of them all.

Hulk - meh, they all sound pretty much the same after a while.

Black Cat/Felicia Hardy - Jennifer Hale, so full of zest you can't help but love her.

Rogue - Lenore Zann, probably the most fun I'll ever have watching (and listening) to Rogue in any X-adaptation.

Mr. Sinister - Chris Britton, for that inhumanly creepy tone of his (though Clancy Brown did a good job).

Spider-Man/Peter Parker - probably Josh Keaton, for the most natural combination of humor and underdog lovability.

J. Jonah Jameson - Edward Asner (who ironically later played Uncle Ben on TSSM), still the most lovably grumpy of the many JJJs.

Mr. Fantastic/Reed Richards - Beau Weaver. Good combination of fearless leader and absent minded professor.

Invisible Woman/Sue Storm-Richards - Lori Alan. Despite some clunky writing she brought a steadying warmth to the part.

Kitty Pryde - meh, no real preference

Barbossa is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For X men the whole cast of Wolverine and the x men.For Avengers characters the whole cast of EMH and for Spiderman the whole cast of Spectacular Spiderman

TheMadSlasher is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wolverine: In my head, I hear a mix between the video game version (Blum) and the early 90's TAS version (Dodd). Dodd's voice works better for Logan being angsty, IMO.

Captain America: The voice used in MUA2, I believe the voice actor was David Kaye.

Gambit: The voice used in the first seasons of XTAS

Storm: XTAS voice

Emma Frost: WATXM voice

Cyclops: XTAS, although possibly blended with the Evolution voice actor. Possibly the first voice for 'on the job' and the latter voice when off the job.

Beast: I see good points and bad points in both the XTAS and WATXM portrayals, although I'd prefer closer to the XTAS version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast