toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Ultimate Spider-Man "Great Power"/"Great Responsibility"

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll

9 15.00%
  • ****1/2

11 18.33%

12 20.00%
  • ***1/2

6 10.00%

3 5.00%
  • **1/2

3 5.00%

7 11.67%
  • *1/2

2 3.33%

3 5.00%
  • 1/2

4 6.67%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
    AdamYJ is offline The Saturday Morning Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I liked drawing more on Spider-Man History than Greater Marvel Universe History (I'd rather see Peter Parker bump into Rand Robertson in the hall than Daniel Rand), but I'm looking forward to seeing how this show's going to do what it does.
    You see, I lean more the other way. I'd rather dig up obscure Marvel Universe history. But then, that's just the kind of superhero fan I am. Just today when I was at the comic shop, I went on a "treasure hunt" and dug up all sorts of stuff from the '70s and '80s out of the back issue bins.

Heh, you're absolutely right (although I think the New Mutants/Generation X/New X-Men/whatever comparison is a different subject), and it's the need for a "fresh, young Spider-Man" that even prompted things like creating the Ultimate Spider-Man comic in the first place, plus One More Day.

I liked Speedball, he was a wisecracker (until he became Penance), but I'm not so much worried about comics as I'm worried about things OUTSIDE comics, like movies and especially animated shows. Not creating new characters but taking the more popular ones and putting them on Spider-Man Turf. A new Spider-Man cartoon about him in high school shouldn't have to struggle to battle shows like Batman Beyond, X-Men Evolution, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, or even Smallville in terms of a casual superhero fan who will look at it and go "A superhero in high school? Eh, been there, done that".
    I don't know, man. I'm a '90s boy. When I first discovered comic Spider-Man he was already grown up and married to Mary Jane. The first TV Spider-Man I encountered was in college already (the Fox cartoon). Thing is though, I don't think kids stress the concept of originality much. I think they'll watch whatever's on provided it appeals to them.
    Saturday Morning is not just part of the week. It's a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry. That scene was pouring salt on an open wound. The destruction of Peter/MJ's marriage is still something I vehemently disagree with and I can't really be objective when it comes to that.
    Except she started off as his best friend in the USM comics too and became more later. Probably the same here.

Also, Carlie is a cop, so she'd be too old for him even if she was in the show.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    You see, I lean more the other way. I'd rather dig up obscure Marvel Universe history. But then, that's just the kind of superhero fan I am. Just today when I was at the comic shop, I went on a "treasure hunt" and dug up all sorts of stuff from the '70s and '80s out of the back issue bins.
    Heh. Well, it's still early so I won't complain too loudly. Bring on Cloak and Dagger!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    I don't know, man. I'm a '90s boy. When I first discovered comic Spider-Man he was already grown up and married to Mary Jane. The first TV Spider-Man I encountered was in college already (the Fox cartoon). Thing is though, I don't think kids stress the concept of originality much. I think they'll watch whatever's on provided it appeals to them.
    Same here, and in fact, I quit reading Spider-Man soon after One More Day (okay, partly because I couldn't afford thrice monthly, but also partly because he was no longer MY Spider-Man). But I also love Ultimate Spider-Man. I have every issue, and I'm fairly pumped to have a show that could be very faithful to that series. I'd love an adult/married Spider-Man series (I say that about a lot of superheroes, it'd be cool to see them later in their careers rather than just starting out), but this is what we've got for now, so I can only hope for a great show that will, to borrow a phrase, be the best there is at what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Also, Carlie is a cop, so she'd be too old for him even if she was in the show.
    Unless they deage her.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617