toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - "Marvel Universe" Programming Block

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

4 26.67%
  • ****1/2

3 20.00%

3 20.00%
  • ***1/2

1 6.67%

2 13.33%
  • **1/2

0 0%

2 13.33%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I was disappointed how awful that final Cap shield looked. I mean I've seen fans put together better homemade versions of the Cap shield. That is not a shield Cap would carry.
    Mine looks much better.

What I really want to do is used the fibreglass mold from the 1990's CA movie that my Hollywood buddies snagged for me

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tune in to Marvel Universe every Sunday at 11am (ET/PT) on Disney XD!

Marvel Universe
    Sundays at 11:00am (ET/PT) on Disney XD. Encores Sundays at 8pm (ET/PT).

Description: The epic storytelling of Marvel -- full of action, adventure and humor, along with complex, courageous and aspirational characters – will be introduced to a new generation of kids and families through a dedicated programming block, Marvel Universe. The block features the new Ultimate Spider-Man, the second season of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and new short-form series that take viewers behind the scenes to meet the creative teams and explore the many facets of the Marvel Universe. This all comes together to form a can't miss event in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

Discuss Week Three of Marvel Universe! Comments?

Remember: Discuss 'Ultimate Spider-Man' and 'The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' in their respective talkback threads!

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As much as I try to avoid comparing Marvel and DC, I have to say that MU's filler segments reek of laziness when compared to those of DC Nation. The Marvel Mash-Ups are kind of amusing (though I wish they'd lampoon other shows besides just Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends and UPN's Incredible Hulk series all the time; though I do enjoy how they got Travis Willingham from Super Hero Squad to reprise his role as Hulk), but the fact that there aren't any other shorts besides those (I'm not counting the re-enacting heroes' skill sets bits and Joe Quesada drawing sequences) just makes it seem like Marvel couldn't be bothered. Every time I watch the Marvel Mash-Ups I can't help but think, "Couldn't spring for actual shorts, eh, Marvel?"

Also the superhero profiles are a little long.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Gregatron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what the ratings have been like for this block?

If I had to guess, it would probably be lower than DC Nation's only because more people have access to CN than XD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also interested in finding out the rating for this show ("Ultimate Spider-Man").
    "With great power comes with great - Gullibility!" - The Spectacular Spider-Man

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223

joltman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    Well here's a table of contents:

1) Opening
    2) What Would It Take? - Slacklining
    3) Ultimate Spider-Man - Great Power
    4) Fury Files - Hawkeye (starts during end credits of USM)
    5) Ultimate Spider-Man - Great Responsibility)
    6) Master Class - Hulk (runs at about the halfway point of USM)
    7) Marvel Mash-Up - Incredible Hulk (starts during credits)
    8) Avengers - Private War Of Doctor Doom
    9) Marvel Mash-Up - Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends
    Any chance someone could post this kind of breakdown for weeks 2 and 3?

Dsneybuf is offline Behold.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't post titles since I often fast forward through the commercials of Ultimate Spider-Man, to get judging each episode done more quickly (I don't think I'll watch any more), but the current schedule goes something like this:

1) Opening
    2) Ultimate Spider-Man
    3) What Would It Take? (during one of the breaks)
    4) Fury Files (during Spidey's credits)
    5) The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    6) Marvel Master Class (during one of the breaks)
    7) Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends Marvel Mash-Up (during The Avengers' credits)
    8) The Incredible Hulk Marvel Mash-Up

Let me add that even though the most recent episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes rocks, and Marvel Mash-Up always provides a good laugh, they didn't go well together last Sunday. They cut from Amora
    Spoiler:
    getting crushed by Surtur

to Magneto hosting aerobics.

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tune in to Marvel Universe every Sunday at 11am (ET/PT) on Disney XD!

Marvel Universe
    Sundays at 11:00am (ET/PT) on Disney XD. Encores Sundays at 8pm (ET/PT).

Description: The epic storytelling of Marvel -- full of action, adventure and humor, along with complex, courageous and aspirational characters – will be introduced to a new generation of kids and families through a dedicated programming block, Marvel Universe. The block features the new Ultimate Spider-Man, the second season of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and new short-form series that take viewers behind the scenes to meet the creative teams and explore the many facets of the Marvel Universe. This all comes together to form a can't miss event in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

Discuss Week Four of Marvel Universe! Comments?

Remember: Discuss 'Ultimate Spider-Man' and 'The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' in their respective talkback threads!

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rerunning the Captain America sketching session? Poor form - we're only like four weeks in, and you're already out of new bits?

Marvel Mash-Up was cute as ever, though, and I liked seeing Iron Fist get the spotlight. SO many panels from Immortal Iron Fist. Made me smile.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

Zorak Masaki is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if they'll ever use any other shows for Marvel Mash-Up, like maybe 60s spider-man (hey, considering the meme status that that show has developed,,)