toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - "Marvel Universe" Programming Block

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

4 26.67%
  • ****1/2

3 20.00%

3 20.00%
  • ***1/2

1 6.67%

2 13.33%
  • **1/2

0 0%

2 13.33%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Yeah, I thought 60s Spidey would have been something definite but they probably have their reasons. The New Fantastic Four is supposed to be their third show for the Mash-Ups but who knows when we'll see something.

It was super disappointing that they went with a rerun already. I'm sure there was something else they could have done with that spot.

Speaking of which, it's pretty old now but I still wish there was a chance that the Iron Man's Adventure shorts could make it to air. It still kills me that they got Blur to do something like this but they still never really did anything with it.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tune in to Marvel Universe every Sunday at 11am (ET/PT) on Disney XD!

Marvel Universe
    Sundays at 11:00am (ET/PT) on Disney XD. Encores Sundays at 8pm (ET/PT).

Description: The epic storytelling of Marvel -- full of action, adventure and humor, along with complex, courageous and aspirational characters – will be introduced to a new generation of kids and families through a dedicated programming block, Marvel Universe. The block features the new Ultimate Spider-Man, the second season of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and new short-form series that take viewers behind the scenes to meet the creative teams and explore the many facets of the Marvel Universe. This all comes together to form a can't miss event in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

Discuss Week Five of Marvel Universe! Comments?

Remember: Discuss 'Ultimate Spider-Man' and 'The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' in their respective talkback threads!

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Campbell is doing better job showing kids how to draw than Quesada.
    Can't believe they didn't have him draw Black Widow or ANY female character.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What happened to the other Marvel Universe block of 90's toons on Saturday and Sunday late night? I can't see a whole lot of pre-teens staying up to 2 am to watch Zach and Cody garbage; but I think we thirty-something's enjoyed staying up for some Marvel action. It's also strange timing; with Avengers hitting theaters, I would think Disney would set all guns blazing for Marvel product.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TemporalFlux View Post
    What happened to the other Marvel Universe block of 90's toons on Saturday and Sunday late night? I can't see a whole lot of pre-teens staying up to 2 am to watch Zach and Cody garbage; but I think we thirty-something's enjoyed staying up for some Marvel action. It's also strange timing; with Avengers hitting theaters, I would think Disney would set all guns blazing for Marvel product.
    Can't all those shows be watched on Netflix?

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Can't all those shows be watched on Netflix?
    If you pay for Netflix in addition to your cable or satellite bill.

Ultra8 is offline Now all I/You can do
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TemporalFlux View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. You think with the movie coming out and everything they'd be trying to synergize or milk the back catalogue for what's it's worth, but no dice.
    Honestly ever since they became DXD it's been like they have no clue how they should run it.
    Toonami - 1997-2008

Darkseid Facts:
    4.Darkseid is the reason Waldo is hiding.

"Sore wa himitsu desu."

"There is no front or behind! Only your destruction!!" - Ashuramaru, SDGundam

"Yopopoi! Tupopoi! Supopopopoi!" -Yopopo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marvel Universe

Description: The epic storytelling of Marvel -- full of action, adventure and humor, along with complex, courageous and aspirational characters – will be introduced to a new generation of kids and families through a dedicated programming block, Marvel Universe. The block features the new Ultimate Spider-Man, the second season of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and new short-form series that take viewers behind the scenes to meet the creative teams and explore the many facets of the Marvel Universe. This all comes together to form a can't miss event in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

Discuss Week Six of Marvel Universe! Comments?

Remember: Discuss 'Ultimate Spider-Man' and 'The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' in their respective talkback threads!

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

army128 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Red Skull was pretty funny in Marvel Mash-up. Too bad it will be banned in Germany.
    Mo: Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe
    Tu: Amazing World of Gumball
    We: South Park
    Th & Fr: Riders of Berk, Legends of Chima, Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls
    Sa & Su: Pokemon, Ben 10, Zexal, MLP:FiM, TMNT 2012, Littlest Pet Shop,
    Kaijudo, Toonami, Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, Robot Chicken, Superjail, Venture Brothers

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Campbell is really knocking it out of the park on those Master Class bits - I mean, Quesada wasn't bad, but the explanations of how he works is just fascinating. Even as someone with no real talent or interest in drawing, I found it engrossing.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It feels like some kooky stuff happens over at the DXD "command center". This week they played the Master Class segment twice and in a previous week they reran a Master Class segment while one that's never been aired has been online for weeks.

Anyways, it's always great to see J Scott Campbell doing something. I'm not a Quesada fan but I thought he'd been doing a pretty decent job. I always loved Campbell's work though so this change over the past couple weeks has been pretty awesome. I wonder if well see any other "Marvel Masters" showcased.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marvel Universe

Discuss Week Seven of Marvel Universe! Comments?

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Fury Files on the Skrulls was GREAT. I mean, nothing new or really interesting, but you could feel the intensity in his voice. "Trust no one..." actually gave me the chills a bit.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was the funniest Marvel Mash-Up yet. They got a lot of mileage out of using the X-Men from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. I particularly loved Wolverine's accent (since that's how they actually made him sound)

Quote Originally Posted by jph139 View Post
    The Fury Files on the Skrulls was GREAT. I mean, nothing new or really interesting, but you could feel the intensity in his voice. "Trust no one..." actually gave me the chills a bit.
    I thought that was a good idea, too, although they could've gone a little easier on the spoilers.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marvel Universe

Discuss Week Eight of Marvel Universe! Comments?

Javy3 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have always loved cartoons, especially action cartoons since I was a kid. I grew up watching X-men and Spiderman: The animated series during my Saturday mornings and as an adult bought what I could of those shows on DVD.

Since growing up I keep and have kept up with shows like Spectacular Spiderman, Batman the animated series, Wolverine and the X-men, Young Justice, Green Lantern and of course Avengers:EMH. I was excited to hear that I would have a Marvel block of cartoons and a DC block of cartoons to watch during my weekend but after sitting through every episode of Ultimate Spiderman currently released I am worried that Jeph Loeb is poorly handling the Marvel animated franchises.

DC nation is doing such a great job of hiring veterans for making top quality shows like Greg and Bruce Timm while Marvel seems to be under the impression that if they put Jeph Loeb in charge of everything the quality of the actual staff making the shows doesn't matter as much. I am not sure why Jeph Loeb or Disney XD for that part can't learn from the DC nation block and hire top quality story tellers to make their marvel shows and support shows that can better appeal to a broader audience instead of sophomoric humor and characters for their marvel shows like they are currently promoting.

I have to say I hope the rumors about Avengers:EMH being cancelled after season 2 are false because without that show there really is no appeal to any Marvel animated show for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tune in to Marvel Universe every Sunday at 11am (ET/PT) on Disney XD! Will you still be checking out the block today, despite both shows being in reruns?

Marvel Universe

Discuss Week Nine of Marvel Universe! Comments?

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My DVR didn't catch anything new --- is the Marvel block already in Summer break ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tune in to Marvel Universe every Sunday at 11am (ET/PT) on Disney XD! Will you still be checking out the block today, despite both shows being in reruns?

Marvel Universe

Take a trip today to the Marvel Universe! Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What has the shorts and extra material for this block been like? Are they even doing it any more? Do they repeat a lot of it?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast