toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Ed Liu is offline Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    By the way, new clip.
    http://television.cosmicbooknews.com...7-preview-clip
    I'm sorry, but there is no way that anyone human can make consistent camera movements like that. Mary Jane's superpower is apparently how to manipulate a video camera. sweat:
    We'll do you one better and present the behind-the-scenes clip with Fred Tatasciore talking about being the Hulk in the show.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Locke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is like the controversial opinion but I really like this show.

It's a cartoon that is aimed at kids and because of that it works, it may be light, fluff almost but it's fun and funny, the animation is nice and it's has had a great cast of heroes and villains so far. The main problem with the soccer mom censoring is that shows that try to be 'gritty' and 'dark' and 'mature' just come across goofy because of the heavy censoring, so I think USM just kinda works because it never tries to fight the fact it's a cartoon in a world where even teenagers kissing on screen is controversial and just rolls with it. Like I love EMH's but I often find the fights really hard to take serious when the only visible damage is a slightly torn t-shirt... but we're supposed to believe the character is like near death or something. Or near destruction, since destroy is censor okay but kill isn't... for some reason considering destroy sounds hell of a lot more violent.

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Incredible Hulk guest-stars on this weekend's new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, titled "Exclusive," debuting Sunday, May 6th at 11:00am (ET/PT) inside the Marvel Universe programming block on Disney XD. Marvel Animation has released a new behind-the-scenes featurette with voice actor Fred Tatasciore discussing his role as the Green Goliath. Click here to check it out.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched the last six episodes over the last couple of days and they don't hold up real well to me, especially the first four episodes. Now that I know what's coming, I feel a sense of dread when "those" lines or scenes are coming and I want to skip ahead in them, and when I do, I realize that I'm skipping about half of each episode. There is just this superficial, processed feel to the show in the rewatch that is aggravating me to no end.

I actually think I'm going to write a fanfic that gives USM a do-over using existing Marvel teen heroes as Peter's teammates (and instead of Peter being the commander, he's simply the POV guy and has to win the responsibility of team leader) and generally try to use Marvel's desired format of TV-Y7FV action/comedy and do it better I guess. I really think I'm going to do it. The frustration's been growing for the last few days, just like it did with Generator Rex and Ben 10 (incidentally two other MOA creations). With GR, I very nearly wrote a fanfic do-over but apathy eventually won out over frustration. With Ben 10, I simply gave up on the show. I don't know what it is about MOA shows but they always frustrate me to the point that I want to use a creative outlet, ANY creative outlet, to try to express what I feel are mistakes or blown opportunities in MOA productions, except apathy wins out before long. Except this time my Marvel fanboyism might prevent apathy from winning out.

I don't even know why I'm posting this. It's not a good thing when your creativity is fueled by frustration with an existing property.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As promised - Taskmaster

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Now it looks like we know what Harry is going to do with that piece of the Venom symbiote he captured. He's going to become the next Venom. But does Venom realize that Peter Parker is Spider-Man and would Harry realize when he's bonded to it?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not only that, but Spidey is going to get the Black Suit, fight Frost Giants in the Thor team up episode, and finally face off with Doctor Octopus.

Surprisingly, I'm actually a little excited .

Webbed-Wonder is offline Still thwipping!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    Not only that, but Spidey is going to get the Black Suit, fight Frost Giants in the Thor team up episode, and finally face off with Doctor Octopus.

Surprisingly, I'm actually a little excited .
    It doesn't look like we'll be getting black suit Spidey. All evidence points to it just being Venom before he goes all monsterous in size. There's been shots of black suit Spidey fighting Spidey down the side of a wall, the black suit Spidey with a monsterous voice saying (mouth morphs too) boo ya.
    "So you don't like names, huh? Well, that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me, you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon, with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!"

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Marvel's released a new clip of USM:

http://marvel.com/news/story/18700/u...sode_8_preview

Sounds like Spidey's got a cold.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

karengrant19 is offline Newbie