Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should Iron Man: Armored Adventures have a third season?

Like This Thread!
    As you probably know, IM:AA will start up with new episodes again Feb. 29th, possibly showing up to the final episode of Season 2. To my knowledge, there has been no word on whether or not Season 2 will be its last, if there will be a Season 3, or if any decision has been made either way.

I've watched IM:AA since the beginning, and I've enjoyed it for what it is. Granted, I personally would have preferred a more straight adaptation of Iron Man; him being an adult rather a teenager, and the characters and villians more resembling their comic counterparts; but for what the show is, I think it's done pretty well.

Anyone who visits the Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes forum knows I absolutely love that show and I hope it gets a third season at least.

The thing is, if you asked me if IM:AA should get a third season, I'm really not super keen on the idea.

The biggest reason is that I don't really think the show needs a third season. The show has had character arcs with James Rhodes becoming War Machine. Pepper and Happy are there. Obadiah Stane and Justin Hammer have been done. So has the Mandarin. Pretty much most of Iron Man's rogues gallery has shown: Crimson Dynamo, Blizzard, Whiplash, Mr. Fix (Fixer/Techno), the Ghost, Living Laser, MODOK, Controller, Black Knight, Count Nefaria, Madame Masque, Titanium Man, Iron Monger, plus the ring avatars in the forms of Dreadknight, Firebrand, Fin Fang Foom, etc. The show has done variations on the Armor Wars, the rings of the Mandarin Storylines, and various other stories. The Hulk, Black Panther, Hawkeye and Black Widow have had appearances as well. Plus it looks like the whole season is set up to end at about the time Tony turns 18 as well.

If they wrap up the Mandarin storyline before the 52 episodes end, it really will feel to me that this show covered pretty much close to everything. I'd rather not have them say "let's do 26 more episodes", and then say "OK, we'll need two episodes with Crimson Dynamo, two episodes with Blizzard, two episodes where Living Laser is fighting Iron Man in one and needing his help in the other... etc. etc. etc."

Which is not to say I'm 100% opposed to a third season. But they'd really need to come up with some new angles to keep it fresh. Introduce some new characters, or really do unpredictable stuff with the old characters. I know Brandon Auman mentioned if they did a third season, he'd like to do an episode with Wolverine. No offense, but I thnk I'd need a little more than that to say a third season is warranted.

Right now, after 26 episodes, I feel like A:EMH has unlimited potential. After 39 episodes, I feel like IM:AA has pretty much done everything I can think of. I think I'd be perfectly satisfied if it wrapped up everything by episode 52 and called it a series.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Speedbump View Post
    ...if there will be a Season 3, or if any decision has been made either way.

Anyone agree or disagree?
    For the sake of those who like the series, I hope they get a third season. For my own opinion, I have seen most of Season One, but never could get behind the idea of "teen Tony", and I would have cancelled it halfway through Season One.

Unfortunately for those who like it, the show also pre-dates Loeb, and bears the "Not Invented Here" stamp that has doomed so many things in other business fields; it'll probably be replaced by something of his (Loeb's) own design.

Kumori MC is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest, I'd like to see a third season.

Why?

Because the first two [thus far] have had some major and minor flaws, and I'd like to see a more mature take on this particular Tony Stark done.

Granted, a lot of material has been covered and executed sometimes poorly, sometimes well. I'd like to compare this to The Batman; the DC show had a rocky start, a lukewarm continuation, and somewhere around season four it really grew in quality [mind you, it was far from perfect, but a big step in the right direction nonetheless]. IM:AA has potential to grow, but only if enough effort is put into writing and, of course, if the people involved have the willpower to do so.

But to be honest [yet again], a show about Tony Stark that's closer to his comic book roots is indeed something everyone prefers.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Have to Agree.

I'm agreeing - because I don't want this show to drag itself out just for the sake of telling a story.

And considering I love this show... Yeah.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png

A better future for everyone (who loves their animation like family) lies in not invoking this triforce in any way, shape, or form....

Fusion is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've embraced the idea of new version of Ironman, as it has proven to be a good show. As for them covering a lot of material, you are correct, they have. But just because they have covered it doesn't mean they can't expand upon exsisting basics and explore new idea's, that divert from canon. I would love to see a third season of Ironman:AA and believe there are many more storys to be told.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still waiting for season 2 to go up on Netflix, but season 1 was really good, and if season 2 continues to be good, I see no reason not to want a 3rd season.

ndb
    ndb is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Still waiting for season 2 to go up on Netflix, but season 1 was really good, and if season 2 continues to be good, I see no reason not to want a 3rd season.

Your probably gonna be disappointed. LOL, no I don't want another season unless they get new story writers. I have had to force myself to watch the entire season.

"Tony Stark is dead."

"Kidding!"

Wait? What?

And opps, I blogged this post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes

I think IM:AA should get a third season I love the concept and the characters. Also I have to say the GGIesque look has really grown on me. But if they do get a third season I hope they show Tony aging into the man we know today and that all loose ends are tied up. I've been waiting for them to add season 2 to Netflix so I can't wait to see it again.

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb View Post
    Your probably gonna be disappointed. LOL, no I don't want another season unless they get new story writers. I have had to force myself to watch the entire season.

"Tony Stark is dead."

"Kidding!"

Wait? What?

And opps, I blogged this post.
    Yeah, that moment was really dumb. Without spoiling anything, there's also something they did with two of my favorite characters from last season in this one that I was unhappy with, and another character who was already pretty bad that just got worse.

Other than that, though, I don't really see the dip in quality as that drastic. They still keep up with the storylines from last season, keeps the same tone, and tells some interesting stories while introducing new characters (like Justin Hammer, Dr. Doom, and Hawkeye). Not to mention a couple of genuinely surprising moments that really upped the stakes for future seasons.

That being said, a third season would be very unlikely. I highly doubt Marvel would want to finance a third season, and from what I recall, this was put into production WAY before the Dinsey/Marvel deal was even put to place. So, unlike the Fantastic Four: WGH cartoon before it, this one got to deliver its promise on a second season.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: Ultimate Spider-Man "Spider-Verse" Review