toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Marvel Anime

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

So are these Marvel anime shows done with, or will we be seeing more of them?

I'm surprised they didn't try Spider-man.
    The Hypocrite Rises....

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hypocrite View Post
    So are these Marvel anime shows done with, or will we be seeing more of them?

I'm surprised they didn't try Spider-man.
    They're done. I don't think Loeb or any of the current Marvel TV team has any interest in making more.

I have a feeling that they interfered, to negative effect, with the development of the four anime that did come out. There were mysterious delays to the four anime before they were released, and when Iron Man premiered it looked nothing like the trailer and other than X-Men it was B-and-C-list crew handling the shows.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Terror of Death is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Click on the thumbnails below for a hi-res look at the cover art for Wolverine Anime and Blade Anime.

Initial press details:
    Catch some of Marvel’s most dangerous Super Heroes when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Marvel Animation release BLADE ANIME and WOLVERINE ANIME on DVD July 31st. The two-disc sets will include all 12 episodes from each series, with epic battles and action-packed storylines, as well as six all-new featurettes. The series are guided by The New York Times best-selling author Warren Ellis (Iron Man: Extremis, Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis), and produced by Madhouse for Marvel Television and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan (SPEJ). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is the distributor.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Click on the thumbnails below for a hi-res look at the cover art for Wolverine Anime and Blade Anime.

Initial press details:
    Catch some of Marvel’s most dangerous Super Heroes when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Marvel Animation release BLADE ANIME and WOLVERINE ANIME on DVD July 31st. The two-disc sets will include all 12 episodes from each series, with epic battles and action-packed storylines, as well as six all-new featurettes. The series are guided by The New York Times best-selling author Warren Ellis (Iron Man: Extremis, Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis), and produced by Madhouse for Marvel Television and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan (SPEJ). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is the distributor.
    The link to the full-sized version of the Blade​ cover isn't working.

Mod Note: Fixed.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How does Wolverine and Blade compare to Iron Man and X-Men? Better or worse?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Terror of Death is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    How does Wolverine and Blade compare to Iron Man and X-Men? Better or worse?
    The Blade anime has the most back-story out of the four Marvel anime. There are several episodes with lengthy flashbacks explaining how Eric grew up and became Blade and also flashbacks explaining the motivations behind the actions of some of the secondary characters. It's somewhat of a tale of tragedy because almost every character has something horrible happen in their life: death of a loved one, a rough upbringing, illness, etc. It has the lowest budget of the four series but the fight scenes aren't half bad albeit repetitive at times and the animation does get better during the second half. It also has the best cameo/team-up episode of the Marvel anime since Wolverine actually contributes a lot of humor to the show which has very little to begin with and he is pretty useful in helping Blade with some of the the baddies. It’s my secondary favorite Marvel anime after X-Men because it has a good mix of action and the stories are pretty interesting and emotional.

I have mixed feelings about Wolverine. It's the most action oriented of the Marvel anime. Because of all the action there isn't much in the room of storylines and character building. Most of it is simply Logan traveling across Japan fighting one bad guy after another in order to rescue his girlfriend. The fight scenes aren't bad but some of them tend to drag on too long for my personal tastes. I felt some of the secondary catchers were actually more interesting and likeable than Wolverine himself since he mostly just threatens people and or beats them up. His character was better represented in Blade and X-Men since he cracked more jokes and was a bit more laid back in those two. He's a bit too moody and serious in his own show but its understandable why since his girlfriend is kidnapped and all. Like Iron-man the animation is good and pretty consistent. It's an okay series and my least favorite of the Marvel anime.

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those interested, below are menu screens from the Wolverine Anime and Blade Anime DVD releases, due out July 31st, 2012. Click on the thumbnails below for a closer look.

Kumori MC is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what, these four anime, a season each, are all we get?

That's a shame. They're all in dire need of a more improved season two.

And more crossovers.

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumori MC View Post
    So what, these four anime, a season each, are all we get?

That's a shame. They're all in dire need of a more improved season two.

And more crossovers.
    Remember, Loeb thinks animation is for kids. I wouldn't be surprised if he sabotaged things behind the scenes for the Marvel anime considering how different the final products were from the originally advertised versions (other than the X-Men anime which more or less looked like it went according to the original plan).
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Kumori MC is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Remember, Loeb thinks animation is for kids. I wouldn't be surprised if he sabotaged things behind the scenes for the Marvel anime considering how different the final products were from the originally advertised versions (other than the X-Men anime which more or less looked like it went according to the original plan).
    Yes, I am aware of the undying plague that is Jeph Loeb, but I wager he's not the only one out there who has the absolute say in everything tv-wise.

[Although, I could be wrong; frankly, I hope I'm not]

Still, Marvel Anime deserves a second chance. Does anyone agree here?

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crackle has begun streaming these:
    Ironman
    Wolverine

They join Spectacular Spider-Man, and Spider-Man: The New Animated Series in their Marvel library.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen the two teaser trailers for IRON MAN and WOLVERINE, but I don't know of any other early plans that were dropped. Does anyone have any links to some of the earlier development ideas?

I hope this isn't the end of the anime shows. It's odd that all of them (except IRON MAN) ended with teasers for new seasons if none were planned.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The shows didn't do particularly well in Japan, so it's not entirely likely that we'll see more. Not unless four million dollars fell on Madhouse's lap...
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15