toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Marvel Anime

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    Now they might get my money. Them dubs wuz bad yo.
    Well, if Jeph Loeb hadn't forced celebrities into things and if Jamie Simone who has zero experience with dub voice direction wasn't, well, the dub voice director, and if the dubs in general weren't such rush jobs with the same 3 or 4 actors doing all of the background parts, and didn't include such strangeness as Mary Elizabeth McGlynn voicing a clearly male character (Marsh), maybe the dubs would have turned out a lot better.

Though X-Men's dub turned out pretty well IMO. Even with the McGlynn strangeness.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was wondering why X-Men and Wolverine were airing on Fridays instead of Blade episodes but I had no idea that they death slotted it.

Good old G4. Never ceasing to disappoint me.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sony Pictures Home Entertainment passed along the press release for the upcoming Iron Man Anime and X-Men Anime DVD titles, as seen below.

IRON MAN ANIME & X-MEN ANIME

Explode onto DVD April 24th

Each Set Includes 12 Episodes From Each Series and New Bonus Features!

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Marvel Animation release the Iron Man Anime and X-Men Anime on DVD April 24th. With 12 episodes and bonus features in each DVD, bring home the action and adventures of Iron Man and the X-Men in the classic anime style. Guided by New York Times best-selling author Warren Ellis (Iron Man: Extremis, Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis) and produced by Madhouse for Marvel Television and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan (SPEJ). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is the distributor.

The Iron Man Anime stars Adrian Pasdar (Heroes, Castle, Profit) as the voice of Tony Stark. The set contains special bonus features:
    • Re-Imagining Iron Man explores the plot and themes of the anime series.
    • 21st Century Hero: The Technology of Iron Man introduces fans to Tony Stark’s high-tech suits and gadgets.
    • Special Cross Talk round table discussion with the creators of the Iron Man and Wolverine anime series.
    • Voicing Tony Stark, an interview with Japanese actor, Keiji Fujiwara.

TheX-Men Anime features the voice of actor Scott Porter as Cyclops (The Good Wife, Friday Night Lights, Caprica). The set includes:
    • Re-Examining The X-Men takes viewers behind-the-scenes of creating X-Men’s mutant tales.
    • X-Men: A Team of Outsiders provides an in-depth exploration of Marvel’s most heroic and infamous mutants.
    • Special Talk Session round table discussion with the creators of Marvel anime's X-Men and Blade.

Iron Man Anime: Tony Stark arrives in Japan to help implement his goal of world peace by building the Arc Reactor, a carbon-neutral power plant, that once operational will be able to provide limitless (thus free) energy to the world. Set to retire his Iron Man persona, and about to mass-produce a line of Iron Man armor known as “Iron Man Dio,” Stark’s plans are derailed by a series of high tech Mech monsters. Zodiac, a top secret organization funded by the terrorist group A.I.M. is out to disrupt the Arc Station, steal the Dio armor and put an end to Iron Man. The Armored Avenger’s fight is only just beginning.

X-Men Anime: The X-MEN are reunited following the death of a teammate and are summoned by Charles Xavier to Japan following the abduction of Hisako Ichiki. There, they confront the U-MEN, a lunatic cult that steals and transplants mutant organs to further strengthen its own army, and the battle for justice is on. Discovering a series of bizarre occurrences in the area they X-Men investigate only to be confronted with a terrible truth that will force them to confront long buried secrets.

Broadcast Year: 2011 (G4)

Iron Man Anime and X-Men Anime are rated NOT RATED. The DVD sets each have a total run time of approximately 288 minutes. Artwork and digital clips are available for download at www.sphepublicity.com. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

ABOUT SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; worldwide television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 142 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.

ABOUT MARVEL
    Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit www.marvel.com.

Terror of Death is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the new covers. For the region 2 release the backgrounds were completely white and didn't have any artwork.

What is the possibility of Sony releasing Blu-rays for these later on in the year?

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last few episodes of Blade have actually gotten really good. We get a new villain, an evil vampire organization, and cameos from Wolverine and others from the Wolverine anime.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice. I'll definitely be picking X-Men up. Iron Man maybe. Like that these are full series releases instead of a part 1 or part 2.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    did Marvel Animation Age Review the animes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson 99 View Post
    did Marvel Animation Age Review the animes
    Nope - there was not enough time to pull some sites together. It's still a possibility in the future. However, there are plans to review the upcoming home video releases for all four Marvel Anime titles.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like it will be a fun project James
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The latest episode of Blade was really good. The writers handled Blade and Kikyo's backstory very well, I thought.

And now Frost has Blade in his clutches. Thats bad.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Want a chance to win the upcoming Iron Man Anime and X-Men Anime DVD titles from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment?

Courtesy of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Click Communications, Marvel Animation Age will be giving away three Marvel Anime bundles, starting today! The bundle includes one (1) copy of the new two-disc X-Men Anime DVD home video release and one (1) copy of the two-disc Iron Man Anime DVD home video release, both available April 24th, 2012 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. To enter, simply send an email to bbeyond@yahoo.com including your name, mailing address and phone number. Additionally, please label the email "Marvel Anime contest." The contest runs from 12:00am (ET) April 13th, 2012 to 12:00am (ET) April 25th, 2012. Only the winners will be contacted upon closure of the contest and recipients selected. Please note this contest is open to Canadian and United States residents only.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These anime shows never aired up here in Canada and I am thinking about picking them up blind. I heard the X-Men one is the best of the lot, but how is the Iron Man? Are both of these anime worth getting? I'm hoping to find them for $15 - 20.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Aaron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome!!

I loved the initial trailers for the Iron Man anime. Just couldn't get into the actual show that much.
    LOVE the look of the X-Men anime. Will DEFINITELY be buying that.

Thanks for the news!
    And thanks for the heads up on the contest!

Now, I can't wait to hear about the Wolverine and Blade DVD releases!

tinlunlau is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    These anime shows never aired up here in Canada and I am thinking about picking them up blind. I heard the X-Men one is the best of the lot, but how is the Iron Man? Are both of these anime worth getting? I'm hoping to find them for $15 - 20.
    All 4 shows are available on the Canadian netflix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those interested, below are menu screens from the Iron Man Anime and X-Men Anime DVD releases, due out April 24th.

Courtesy of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Click Communications, Marvel Animation Age will be giving away three Marvel Anime bundles, starting today! The bundle includes one (1) copy of the new two-disc X-Men Anime DVD home video release and one (1) copy of the two-disc Iron Man Anime DVD home video release, both available April 24th, 2012 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. To enter, simply send an email to bbeyond@yahoo.com including your name, mailing address and phone number. Additionally, please label the email "Marvel Anime contest." The contest runs from 12:00am (ET) April 13th, 2012 to 12:00am (ET) April 25th, 2012. Only the winners will be contacted upon closure of the contest and recipients selected. Please note this contest is open to Canadian and United States residents only.

Also, if there's a want for it, talkbacks for the DVD releases will go up.

Aaron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome! Thanks James!

Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    For those interested, below are menu screens from the Iron Man Anime and X-Men Anime DVD releases, due out April 24th.

Sweet!!! This is lookin' awesome. I love the art-style for the X-Men anime. And I have to admit the Iron Man stuff is growing on me.
    If I had ANY complaints at all... it would be this. The Iron Man DVD seems to have more background images than the X-Men one. This isn't a big thing. I just want all the X-Men I can get.
    Definitely picking these up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I should really get Netflix Canada!

I have been surprised with how low the prices have been for these two DVD sets. I have been checking out websites to get some ideas and seeing the DVDs going for about $12 - 15 is lower than I was expecting, especially since regular DVDs still go for about $20 for most movies. Still I would have paid the extra five bucks to see some Blu-rays for these shows. I have an idea that i am going to really enjoy these. Any word on if Wolverine or Blade will be released? Probably in the fall I imagine.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still I would have paid the extra five bucks to see some Blu-rays for these shows. I have an idea that i am going to really enjoy these. Any word on if Wolverine or Blade will be released? Probably in the fall I imagine.
    I have no clue why Sony didn't produce Blu-ray sets for these. Amazon has these episodes in HD on their site and Japan released BD boxsets months ago. If they change their minds and release some later I wouldn't mind double dipping.

Anyway, Amazon put up a pre-oder listing for Wolverine the other day so I'm thinking they might do a summer release for that and Blade.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Wolveri...f=pd_sim_mov_7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Terror of Death,

Any chance you have some images from the Blu-ray collection?

I am looking forward to getting X-Men and even Iron Man despite the mediocre reviews it got. I will likely try out the other two despite hearing that the Wolverine Anime is the worst of the lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Terror of Death,

Any chance you have some images from the Blu-ray collection?

I am looking forward to getting X-Men and even Iron Man despite the mediocre reviews it got. I will likely try out the other two despite hearing that the Wolverine Anime is the worst of the lot.
    X-men: http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/...L._AA1500_.jpg

Blade: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%96%E3...5038596&sr=1-9

Iron man http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%A2%E3...5038519&sr=1-1

Wolverine: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%A6%E3...ref=pd_sim_d_2

HD pics of Wolverine and X-men: http://psgels.net/category/finished-...ion/wolverine/
    http://psgels.net/category/finished-...-action/x-men/

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast