toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

The animation video from the test at WonderCon did look comparable to what we've seen in Ultimate Spider-Man. Though the test was an early test I imagine much like that early test footage we saw for Avengers some years back and I don't think it will be actual footage used in the course of the series based on what Loeb has said.

For example, the art design didn't really mimic Ed's style from that image.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So from the interview it sounds like they're going in a more heroic direction for the Hulk ala the Avengers cartoon, rather than the classic TV series and the movies.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    So from the interview it sounds like they're going in a more heroic direction for the Hulk ala the Avengers cartoon, rather than the classic TV series and the movies.
    He also referenced like the new Avengers movie. So that will also be used as inspiration. But Hulk's been a part of a team in the comics as well. I think a big problem with the last two movies is that we never get to see Hulk act heroic enough.

-CM Punk

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the Hulk has been acting as a hero for decades in the comics, from his own book to the Defenders and more. This is nothing new for the character as such, really. Only the Ultimate Hulk was pretty much an amoral killer.

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A main character and a guest star are both revealed here: http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1223159p1.html

Let's put it this way . . . it continues the Marvel-under-Loeb pattern of casting the B/C-list celeb over a professional voice actor.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    A main character and a guest star are both revealed here: http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1223159p1.html

Let's put it this way . . . it continues the Marvel-under-Loeb pattern of casting the B/C-list celeb over a professional voice actor.
    Spoiler:

At least she's one of the Whedon's stable of favorite actor resources; maybe she can do the voice for the animation and play the role in an Avengers film down the road...

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eh. I liked her as Catwoman in Batman Year One so it's not like they're going for someone with zero voice-over experience.

The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler:
    Dushku, eh? I was hoping for Maria Canals Barberra from MvC3, but I could see Dushku working as She-Hulk.

Kumori MC is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting choice for She-Hulk. Me gusta.

Rick Jones is offline Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh. I liked her as Catwoman in Batman Year One so it's not like they're going for someone with zero voice-over experience.
    I had a lot of doubts about her at first but I thought she was good in the movie and, especially, the short. I hope she'll be good here as well.

I do kind of feel sorry for Eric Loomis though. His Iron Man voice was one that I had to become accustomed to gradually but it was one that I eventually accepted and I think he did a good job on AEMH. It'll just be sad that he probably won't get to voice Tony again unless we get more AEMH or he gets cast in a video game.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Gold Guy is offline I kan spel grate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More Iron Man is always a good thing.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Marvelman02 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is just making me go "ugh", like the USM news (and do I have a rant about USM). The Loeb influence does not excite me and neither does the concept of a Hulk team-up show. The appeal of the Hulk lies in the whole "tragic monster" persona. In a team, he's just a slightly sarcastic and crude brute.

I like the Hulk, but I like Bruce Banner more. And this looks like yet another show that is going to downplay Banner in favor of his far more simplistic alter ego.
    I really agree with you. Loeb's writing has always struck me as dumb. He's kind of the Michael Bay of comics. The whole concept of this show strikes me as something Loeb would come up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman02 View Post
    I really agree with you. Loeb's writing has always struck me as dumb. He's kind of the Michael Bay of comics. The whole concept of this show strikes me as something Loeb would come up with.
    Loeb did come up with it.

You know, I'm starting to wonder if we're going to be seeing the Hulks in their human forms at all. That will be beyond disappointing. Bruce Banner, Rick Jones, Thunderbolt Ross, and Jennifer Walters are all unique people with their own unique quirks and specialties and if they're just Hulks all the time that kills these characters' depth and limits the showcasing of these special traits.

Though Medinnus is right that Dushku is capable of portraying her character in live-action, and considering Wheldon is the Avengers guy for the foreseeable future that could conceivably happen.
    I'm a stargazer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seriously guys? I'm really disgusted the way every decision made is some sort of slight against Loeb and the way he does business.

For example, Eliza Dushku playing She-Hulk. OK this is bad because Loeb only wants B/C-list celeb talent playing these characters in animation.

And yet, we have Kari Wuher voicing Maria Hill in the Avengers series. Gabriel Mann has voiced Bruce Banner in Avengers and Wolverine and The X-Men.

In Thundercats, Cheetara, an iconic character with hardcore fans is voiced by Emmanuelle Chriqui.

I think fans need to put aside some of their petty attitudes and complaints and realize how petty and illogical if they are. And if you are going to make that argument, you can't be in denial about it elsewhere. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You have to be fair here.

If we are going to go that far than no one should really accept Mark Hamill as the Joker, seen by many as the favored version of the character, for that matter.

Now was I a fan of Milo Vengtimigilia's Wolverine for example? Not really. But it happened for 12 episodes, Steven Blum came back to do the X-Men anime and I moved on. Adrian Pasdar is not my favorite Tony Stark, but it's not like multiple people haven't voiced Tony Stark before, just like many different people have voiced Wolverine and Optimus Prime. I mean even Mark Hamill voiced Wolverine once.

-CM Punk

Aaron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Count me in!

Any new show with The Hulk... and I'm in!
    And ANYTHING with She-Hulk for that matter, as well.

My only real hope is that somehow, an American release of the 80s and 90s Hulk animated shows hits DVD, maybe as part of a promotional thing.
    I remember episodes being released back when Ang Lee's HULK came out.
    I'd love for the complete sets to finally hit shelves.

Anyone know where I would look to find out more about that, by the way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loeb did come up with it.
    Wrong, it was Greg Pak who came up with it in his Incredible Hulks book and it worked excellently.

And much like that book, we will see them on both human and Hulk forms. I certainly hope they showcase Banner's "Super Science" side.

Also, Dushku has done voice work before(Shaundi in SR2 and of course Catwoman as mentioned before,etc.). So you are reaching on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Seriously guys? I'm really disgusted the way every decision made is some sort of slight against Loeb and the way he does business.

For example, Eliza Dushku playing She-Hulk. OK this is bad because Loeb only wants B/C-list celeb talent playing these characters in animation.

And yet, we have Kari Wuher voicing Maria Hill in the Avengers series. Gabriel Mann has voiced Bruce Banner in Avengers and Wolverine and The X-Men.

In Thundercats, Cheetara, an iconic character with hardcore fans is voiced by Emmanuelle Chriqui.

I think fans need to put aside some of their petty attitudes and complaints and realize how petty and illogical if they are. And if you are going to make that argument, you can't be in denial about it elsewhere. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You have to be fair here.

If we are going to go that far than no one should really accept Mark Hamill as the Joker, seen by many as the favored version of the character, for that matter.

Now was I a fan of Milo Vengtimigilia's Wolverine for example? Not really. But it happened for 12 episodes, Steven Blum came back to do the X-Men anime and I moved on. Adrian Pasdar is not my favorite Tony Stark, but it's not like multiple people haven't voiced Tony Stark before, just like many different people have voiced Wolverine and Optimus Prime. I mean even Mark Hamill voiced Wolverine once.
    Exactly! Or Will Friedle for that matter.

It really seems like the try to look for a slight, even when there aren't any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

It is too early in the morning for this.

I have the feeling I am the "some fans" you're speaking of. I would like to tell you that I'm not particularly complaining about Loeb the person, but the fact that Marvel under Loeb is following a trend I don't particularly approve of. In this day and age, hiring celebrities isn't a necessity, it seems to be more of a luxury, a luxury that can backfire considering some celebrities' attitudes towards voice-overs.

Bringing Mark Hamill into this doesn't help the argument. Back when Batman: TAS was made, animation had a different perception to people of all ages, and the producers wanted to make a statement by casting a lot of TV and film stars . . . a lot of whom became big-time voice-over artists thanks to the success Batman: TAS had. Back when Batman: TAS was made, such a tactic was necessary to give the production legitimacy . . . and Batman: TAS definitely had legitimacy, it revolutionized the way TV animation is portrayed.

As for Loeb, if anything from his output from the last few years had any redeeming value over the last few years I would like to hear it, I think I am justified in being skeptical of anything that is released with his stamp on it.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomMelendez
    Wrong, it was Greg Pak who came up with it in his Incredible Hulks book and it worked excellently.
    No, you're wrong. It's Loeb's idea to make a TV show out of the concept.
    I'm a stargazer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was actually Paul Dini from the sound of things.

-CM Punk

Kumori MC is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Macattack:

Okay, I get that you dislike Loeb's work [frankly, I don't think more of him than I do of a rock in front of my house which prevents trucks from parking], but let's not pin every little thing on the guy, okay?

[and before mods enter guns a-blazing, this is not a fight-starter, just a suggestion/advice]

You should focus on the positive side of things, such as the upcoming movies, or the ongoing series [or one, at least; I wager you're a fiery opponent of USM], as well as live-action series also from the house of Marvel. And if there is anything Loeb is even remotely good for, it's live action television, something not many can deny.

And also, to quote Saddam Hussein of South Park's early days, "Eh, relax, guy! Ye need a rest." Take a load off, watch an oldie but goody, be one with your inner Zen self. It'll reduce the amount of irritation and chagrin by at least 77%.

Spoken from experience.

Also, Droopy. :droopy:

Pepperidge is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's all just chill for a bit and play some Marvel vs. Capcom 3. That's what all the disenchanted Marvel Animation fans seem to be doing these days.
    SITTING on an ATOMIC BOMB - It's just how I feel sometimes.

The best Spectacular Spider-Man tumblr ever: GOOP IN MY HAIR

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast