toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

"Control-Alt-Delete" is episode #219, "Iron Man 2099" is #218. Story Editor Brandon Auman has no idea why the episodes were switched at the last minute. Nicktoons Network has yet to respond to my inquiries as well.

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, James.

With 7 episodes left after those two, I wonder how the season will wrap up... Brandon Aumun mentioned another Doctor Doom episode and another Hulk episode... Mandarin and Madame Masque will obviously be back, and we may even get a team-up with Captain America.

EDIT: Since Iron Man goes to Doctor Doom for help, maybe he needs Doom's help to defeat Mandarin... Is the April schedule coming soon?
    Last edited by ShadowStar; 03-31-2012 at 07:21 AM.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nicktoons Network has provided details of Iron Man: Armored Adventures episodes scheduled to air during June 2012, including loglines for each new episode. Read it here first at Marvel Animation Age!

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Nicktoons Network has provided details of Iron Man: Armored Adventures episodes scheduled to air during June 2012, including loglines for each new episode. Read it here first at Marvel Animation Age!
    It looks like most of the loglines and titles for the episodes are a bit mixed up.

EDIT: Nevermind, noted.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nicktoons Network has released the corrected Iron Man: Armored Adventures loglines, now up on Marvel Animation Age.

Check out a quick Q & A with Story Editor Brand Auman, also up at Marvel Animation Age!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Considering how the loglines keep referring to the "Starks", it seems to spoil the reunion of Tony and his dad.

Still disappointed his death didn't stick.

TheGreatOne2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ABC3 Australia has released the episode titles for 223 and 224 which is airing in Australia Monday 2nd July

223: Iron Monger Lives

224: The Dragonseed

225 and 226 should be airing in Australia Tuesday 3rd of July

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne2 View Post
    ABC3 Australia has released the episode titles for 223 and 224 which is airing in Australia Monday 2nd July

223: Iron Monger Lives

224: The Dragonseed

225 and 226 should be airing in Australia Tuesday 3rd of July
    "The Dragonseed" had better be about the 10th ring and the return of Fin Fang Foom. "Iron Monger Lives" might surprise us by having Whitney put on the Iron Monger armour. If she does, then I bet she'll try to kill Howard to get revenge on Tony. Could be in for a dark episode there.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I hope Whitney's potential plot actually pays off, especially considering how Auman mentioned a few interviews ago that they planned the finale to be, more or less, a definitive ending to most of the story arcs.

I do wonder if we'll see crazy ol' Rhona again. Hopefully she's in a better-written episode.

TheGreatOne2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ABC3 has released the the titles for the last 2 episodes of Iro Man Armored Adventures season 2 airing in Australia on Tuesday 3rd of July

225: The Makluan Invasion Part 1
    226: The Makluan Invasion Part 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, thanks to Australia's advanced schedule, I managed to watch both "Iron Monger Lives" and "The Dragonseed". Here are a few thoughts:

"Iron Monger Lives" review
    Spoiler:
    "Iron Monger Lives" picks up on the tragic ending of "Heavy Mettle", where Obadiah ends up on a coma and Whitney swears revenge on Tony, thinking he was responsible for his fate. It seems Obadiah has woken up, and now is playing mind games on Tony and friends, jeopardizing their hideout and their family. Tony's identity is in risk as he must figure out who is behind these attacks.

Rather predictably, it turns out to be Whitney, who has returned as Madame Masque to make Tony and his friends pay. I must admit, I was kinda disappointed that the events of this episode unsurprisingly led up to Masque being the villain behind it. I was hoping to see Ghost being the true culprit, since it could have fit logically with how the story was set up, and would have closed a much bigger plotline than Whitney's little revenge tease. Not to mention it's sort of contrived how Whitney's amnesia specifically allows her to remember she was Madame Masque and Tony was Iron Man, but not how she was obsessed with killing her father and protecting Stark, rather than the other way around.

Still, she is one of the more interesting villains in the show, and her return did have her as a huge threat, impressive for someone who is not an armored villain (brief control of the Iron Monger armor aside. The suspense and tension were actually good, and Whitney's arrest and further descent into madness and villainy are genuinely heartbreaking. Despite the show now being cancelled and this plotline possibly left hanging, her villainous tease does make her a welcomed, hopefully permanent addition to this show's rogues gallery.

Overall, though somewhat disappointing for personal reasons, a very strong episode, and one of the season's best.

"The Dragonseed" review
    Spoiler:
    "The Dragonseed" features the resolution of three major story arcs this season: the Mandarin's possession of the final Makluan ring, Pepper's constant requests for her own armor, and Tony keeping his secret identity hidden from his father, Howard. How do these fare?

The final ring, unlike the others, does not seem to have a specific ability beyond giving the Mandarin full control. The final guarding is also not a reinvented Iron Man villain, but an alien soldier, a Makluan, who exposits that Gene and his family is half-Makluan, and shares the full backstory and origin of the Mandarin dynasty. He correctly assumes that Gene is too corrupt to wield its power, but is ultimately killed by him for his heroic effort. Iron Man and War Machine are joined in this mission by Pepper, who now has a stealth-specific and rather sleek armor and has codenamed herself "Rescue". Despite her initial air-headed behavior, she fits in rather quickly to the armored group. Finally, Howard, in a rather predictable fashion, reveals to Tony that he knows his son is Iron Man, and is surprisingly understanding of their deception.

For the most part, this is another strong episode after the nearly-horrific "The Hammer Falls". The backstory behind the Makluans is interesting and does not conflict with earlier information given. I was a bit shocked that Gene wasn't even half-human. Rescue, again, is a welcome addition to the group, and Howard and Tony being open with each other provided some relief. The one nitpick I did have was the manufactured drama provided earlier by Tony, who came off as overly angsty and whiny about his dad building a "weapon". It does make him seem kinda stupid, as well as an obvious Checkov used later on.

Still, this was another good one, and sets the stage for the show's grand finale.

Looking forward to tomorrow's final two episodes.

Haxer_XL is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Iron Monger Lives" comment:
    Spoiler:
    Overall I thought it was a good episode although one thing I am glad why the season is ending is that tony's extremis is too powerful for lately he's just being using extremis on everything technological is becoming quite anti-climatic first he was using it to breakout the mainframe (personally would have preferred it, if he realised extremis did have some influence on the mainframe and ended up having a major insane battle witht the controller in the mainframe) Then he used it on titanium man without any effort. At least in this episode it did not end with the Iron monger defeat of using extremis.

One thing I did like about this episode is that a spat at Arsenal's review saying that the amnesia trick one on Whitney just destroyed her building character. In reality however her losing her memory was only preserving the more evolved character that until later needed in the plot.

"The Dragonseed" comment:
    Spoiler:

Overall possibly one of the best episodes of the entire series. The rings originally alien I saw coming from a long shot but gene part alien mind=blown I didn't see that coming but still had a logical explanation, but still wow. although I don't get the jet fight sequence. Besides that a strong episode for part one of the three part epic finale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The Makluan Invasion" review:

Spoiler:
    After the Mandarin has obtained all ten rings and it doesn't take long before he goes on a power-mad rampage, declaring himself ruler of mankind and going after S.H.I.E.L.D.....and it's on Tony's 18th birthday, too! However, Gene's rule is short-lived when the activation of the rings serves it's true purpose: acting as a homing beacon for the Makluan Empire to arrive and take its rings back, and prepare for an invasion of Earth. And so begins Tony and co,'s final battle as they team-up with previous allies, and even one foe, go through a gladiator ring and a rematch against Ultimo, and a final showdown against the ring-powered Makluan Overlord.

So, this is the grand finale, and it's just alright. Nothing to really nitpick and complain about this two-parter. The Makluans were fun, even if they didn't look as cool as in the comics, and I'm glad they finally resolved Gene's plot, even if his redemption felt very sudden and rushed. I enjoyed seeing all the heroes from throughout the season team-up, and was especially nice to see more of Gray Hulk. Pepper and Tony's pay-off, though, was kinda weak, but as shown through Tony's romance with Whitney, love stories are REALLY not this show's strong suit.

Of course, there are still some unresolved stories. Technovore, Mad Thinker, and Madame Masque are still on the loose. Despite Tony and friends' identities being revealed, it's still odd that Ghost wouldn't do anything about it. Even the Mandarin's sudden realization that he shouldn't "rule" doesn't necessarily translate to him being less of a threat. But overall, most of the major plots are resolved.

All in all, this was a solid, but predictable, finale. No major hooks, and concludes the show successfully.

Overall series overview:
    Spoiler:
    Iron Man: Armored Adventures is an adequate show, and probably better than its premise made it seem to be. Thanks to Christopher Yost and Brandon Auman, it does a good job making the controversial premise of a teenage Tony work. Not to mention there are some ideas and villains that work, such as the Mandarin's design, a more compelling and dangerous foe in Madame Masque, and the overall coolness of Ghost. Some of the more serious moments worked, and had the right tone. Tony himself is a flawed character who retains some key elements from his comic book self, such as his inability to fully understand people and his obsessive drive to end the misuse of his creations. Rhodey is the voice of reason that does loosen up, and Pepper is.....Pepper, the only static character in the show. This trio, however, is still likable enough, and I did care for them as friends, which is FAR more than what I can say for Ultimate Spider-Man.

However, the CGI animation would manage to make the show's strong designs very bland, and when it comes to humor and romance, this show did fall flat. Not to mention it also had some downright stupid moments, like Living Laser's pointless revival and Hammer's whole deal with the zombie gas. Not to mention some episodes did manage to be boring filler, even with the strong continuity, and Stane's characterization was all over the place.

Overall, this show is fine, and probably the best animated show Iron Man has. Despite it's premise, it manages to be mature at times, and is loyal to the spirit of the Iron Man comics than it seems. But it does have it's share of bad ideas and bland moments. The current Marvel Animation regime is coming up with a new Iron Man show, and while it will most likely feature an older Tony Stark, Loeb and Man of Action's current work and philosophies makes me worry it will be the most immature take on the Shellhead yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Totally Agreed

Spoiler:

Although I was disappointed that living laser was not part of the team, cause I was really expecting that
    Although this was similair to the Avengers Movie It was way better because;
    -Nick Fury did something other than play politics
    -They had a logical plan on how to defeat them other than nuking them which somehow solved all the problems.
    -Explanation why tony would be the leader of the avengers
    -Hawkeye stood out.
    -Reason why shield was not helping in the fight
    [
    Why is it that whenever there is an alien invasion they either want enslave us or destroy the planet and when they say they come in peace, they are really going to eat us!
    - TONY STARK

Toons4ever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Third Season?

Anyone know if there's a third season in development, cause I can't find a reliable source anywhere, and if no one knows then what are the odds they're gonna talk about it at SDCC?

NuclearBLt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toons4ever View Post
    Anyone know if there's a third season in development, cause I can't find a reliable source anywhere, and if no one knows then what are the odds they're gonna talk about it at SDCC?
    Unlikely. The recent announcement of the new Iron Man television series is pretty much the nail in the coffin for IM:AA.

Toons4ever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearBLt

Unlikely. The recent announcement of the new Iron Man television series is pretty much the nail in the coffin for IM:AA.
    But they can have 2 iron man series at once can't they?

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toons4ever View Post
    But they can have 2 iron man series at once can't they?
    They could but they won't. Marvel wants Armored Adventures dead and probably the only reason it wasn't killed off already is because the 2nd season was too far along in production when the changes at the top happened.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

However...

However it has not been officially cancelled so there may be some hope but very little of it. Really only SDCC will tell us the official status for this show.
    Why is it that whenever there is an alien invasion they either want enslave us or destroy the planet and when they say they come in peace, they are really going to eat us!
    - TONY STARK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxer_XL View Post
    However it has not been officially cancelled
    Shows are never officially cancelled. So, this is it for this one.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast